He said:

and

and

and

and

and

and then says

so when you say

I don't follow your logic. This isn't about not having a LEO forum. I am for that idea, as I said previously. I just said he needs to check his power issues and think about throwing SteveCo some cash to get what he's asking for. We should have had a LEO section a long time ago, IMO.

But I do get annoyed, and hence post my opinion, when a cop (or someone insinuating to be a cop) starts bragging about locking other motorcyclists up and writing tickets. And if he really isn't a cop, is just another member, and was only insinuating he was, then WTF is that? If the advice given by him in his LEO forum doesn't come from a true cop, why even start this whole production?

BTW, welcome to BARF. You should introduce yourself in the Newbies section as well. You chose to go confrontational with your very first post, I see. Your gonna fit in just fine!
I agree with you Junico. I felt queasy and sick to my stomach when I read his bragging of bringing another squid down. This is definately the wrong forum to brag about impounding another rider's bike.
Former AFM #691
Current Bikes:
1986 Honda Elite 150
2001 Suzuki RM 250
1994 Yamaha YZ 125
skater1on1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #77
SBrocker
Rookie

Motorcycles: Yes!
Name:
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by skater1on1
I agree with you Junico. I felt queasy and sick to my stomach when I read his bragging of bringing another squid down. This is definately the wrong forum to brag about impounding another rider's bike.
Funny you felt queasy and sick to your stomach. I didn't!

But then again, I have a valid motorcycle license and I don't pull wheelies or other stunts (particularly in front of 5-0). I figure if you are that stupid, you deserve to have your bike towed. I didn't see that he was arrested, like someone had mentioned earlier. He shoulda been. Idiots like that are why our insurance rates are double what they should be! I'm sure if he had no license, he had no insurance. I shouldn't have to pay for uninsured motorist coverage, but I do because if asshat squids like that.

I say, chalk one up for the good guys! I didn't take it as bragging either. If you felt queasy and sick to your stomach, um, maybe you should get your license, grow up and get your head screwed on straight before one of your juvenile stunts turns your multi-colored Nicky Haden knock-off into a brain bucket!
SBrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #78
motorman4life
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Barfie Winner 06
Contributor

Motorcycles: WORK: Kawasaki KZ1000P & '07 H-D Road King. PLAY: '07 Honda GL1800 & '88 Kawasaki KX600 Ninja
Name: MM4L
Quote:
Originally posted by StuntrHuntr
I think Motorman just wants abuse being outspoken and offering his assistance here. Now you see why I just lurk and don't offer to help.
Yeah, maybe that's my alterior motive.. I just want to be abused by BARFers for offering to help them out with information, etc.. I'm a glutton for punishment. After a day of writing tickets and telling people they are at-fault in accidents, I need to come home and be told I'm pushy, overbearing and have "power issues" for simply offering my insight and assistance.

Well, it sounds like Junico has me all figured out.. and well enough to put words in my mouth that I didn't say! "I'm a cop, we need a cop thread, listen to me, my word is the law, gimme." Those are his words, not mine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Faz
But , I understand that stunting, racing, sport touring, dirt biking, are all part of motorcycling, while LEO related issues/questions are mostly NOT motorcycle related. Yes, we can all benefit from it, the same way we could benefit from a cooking forum, a relationship forum, a parenthood forum, and...
I was actually referring to motorcycle related stuff Faz.. like advice/guidance on the vehicle code, pending laws, accident investigations, bike modifications, not how cooking and parenting may somehow relate to law enforcement or motorcycling. I am certain I had mentioned some various LEO topics that would be on-topic and of value to BARFers (maybe check the FIRST post in this thread?). Not that there aren't several forums on this board that have NOTHING to do with motorcycling; Auto, Residence, Kitchen Sink, Geek Speak, Quote of the Day.. But, you already knew that, didn't you?

Quote:
Originally posted by abn375
Motorman's inability to be politically correct is truely irrelevant to me, whether or not he is genuinely trying to assist this community is another....
Un-PC is a good way to put it. Thanks. I have been accused of being many things and being un-PC is the one thing I will not deny. And you got it dead right, "If you don't want the truth, don't ask.." I think I might get a tattoo that says that!

BTW, thanks to ann375, JTT, StuntrHuntr (he must be a cop), slackjaw and SBrocker (and any others that may have missed) for your support. I hope you guys can get an "Ask a Cop" or "Donut Shop" forum here, 'cause I know there are a lot of BARFers looking for information and many that don't have cops as friends that they can go to with questions.. even those that do, find their friends may be lacking in the traffic arena because they are assigned to other police sub-specialties and can't be "bothered" with knowing the CVC and current policies or interpretations and how they may affect bay area motorcyclists.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others." -MM4L
"This ain't rocket science people. A little common sense goes a long way." -MM4L
"Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin (RIP 2008)
motorman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:58 AM   #79
silversvs
Lean, Twist, repeat.....

BARF Admin / 2010 Barfie Winner
Founding Member
Contributor +++++++++++ BB

Motorcycles: ~ 09 BMW RT1200P ~ 05 FJR1300 ~
Name: Lincoln 82
We have suggested the LEO forum for over a year. I've sent PMs and emails to Steve with no response. (This isn't a knock on Steve, I realize he is a busy guy with a real job too). It doesn't appear that the leaders of this site are interested in a LEO forum. No big deal to me. I continue to have fun with the ask a LEO thread. I get PMs and emails from members asking me questions off the boards, and I always answer them.

My main motivation is to have fun and provide my interpretation of what law enforcement is all about. I feel that every member of law enforcement should be involved in their communities in some way. One aspect of law enforcememnt is community education. Citizens Police Academies, DARE, traffic safety officers, etc are alll ways that agencies try to reach out to their communities and explain what we do. Community members who have been shown the light tend to better understand the job we do and are less likely to criticize officer's actions because they have a better understanding of why the officer took the action he/she did. Members of this forum may pick up information from one of us that may change the way they think about LEOS, or at least create a better understanding of the jobs we perform.

As for contributing money to make a new forum. No problem here. I have already donated over $200 to the site to keep it up and running. I've been here for almost three years and have enjoyed BARF the whole time.

In the meantime, continue to post questions on the ask a LEO thread and we will continue to answer them, even if they have been asked and answered already. Feel free to send PMs and emails off the board and I will answer those too.

Ride safe and pick your moments to get squidly. You never know who is behind you.

Looking for a great dog? I raise Vizslas. PM for info. Next litter due in November.www.ddranchvizslas.com
silversvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:24 AM   #80
Jakemate
Pastafarian Minister

BB6 Slow Race Winner
Barf Roadside Angel
Contributor

Motorcycles: The kind that roll me to the noodle house.
Name: Reverend
Quote:
Originally posted by DanZX9R
Thats for the Labor I use the finishes for my fix!!!
Ahhhh, I see. The finish evaporates quicker, so you get a quicker high..................

- George Carlin (1937-2008)
Jakemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:39 AM   #81
faz
Sexiest Ex-Mod around!ô

BARF Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 07 zx14
Name: Faz
Quote:
Originally posted by motorman4life

I was actually referring to motorcycle related stuff Faz.. like advice/guidance on the vehicle code, pending laws, accident investigations, bike modifications, not how cooking and parenting may somehow relate to law enforcement or motorcycling. I am certain I had mentioned some various LEO topics that would be on-topic and of value to BARFers (maybe check the FIRST post in this thread?). Not that there aren't several forums on this board that have NOTHING to do with motorcycling; Auto, Residence, Kitchen Sink, Geek Speak, Quote of the Day.. But, you already knew that, didn't you?
Yes, I did. And I mentioned the forums that I frequent, and the ones that I never visit.

You seem to be confusing my input to this thread with the other anti-cop ones.

I certainly hope this boad gets to loose some of its junk forums, and gets an ask LEO forum for reasons I mentioned earlier. However, I think I can see how that may not fit in an overall picture.
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #82
tuxumino
Psy Ops

AMA #: 249288
Chief Beer Mooch
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: my butt on a duc
Name:
A LEO forum would make it easier to serach for previously answered questions.
I'm happy there are LEOs on this board, it gives me a glimpse into their mind so I can act accordingly when riding, kinda like the NFL officials visiting teams during training camp to go over rules and how there enforced. If I know the rules and how they will be enforced it's easier for me to bend them with out breaking them.
When I do get caught breaking them I can make the insuing interaction as quik and painless as possible, I don't need to compound a offside penalty with a personal foul.
T.M.U. Local 510 Rabbit Deployment Farce
tuxumino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #83
Rel
Groveland, where's that?

Mod Alumni
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: None. :(
Name: Estaban
Its a funny thing...... everyone wants to know why LEO's do what they do, and how they do thier jobs. And yet, when we tell everyone why we do what we do, and how we do it... people get pissed off. Oh, we're the big bad Po-Po, picking on the poor people of the great state......

All of the things the LEO's do, are up front, and out in the open. All the policies, and proceedures, are out there for the public to read. Its not a great mystery.

I'd answer any and all questions that I can, free of charge.....

I just want people to slow down, and not die on my freeways, highways, and roads...

Is that to much to ask?

Rant over.
Rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #84
skater1on1
Veteran

Motorcycles: 1986 Elite 150, 2001 RM 250, 1992 YZ 125
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by SBrocker
Funny you felt queasy and sick to your stomach. I didn't!

But then again, I have a valid motorcycle license and I don't pull wheelies or other stunts (particularly in front of 5-0). I figure if you are that stupid, you deserve to have your bike towed. I didn't see that he was arrested, like someone had mentioned earlier. He shoulda been. Idiots like that are why our insurance rates are double what they should be! I'm sure if he had no license, he had no insurance. I shouldn't have to pay for uninsured motorist coverage, but I do because if asshat squids like that.

I say, chalk one up for the good guys! I didn't take it as bragging either. If you felt queasy and sick to your stomach, um, maybe you should get your license, grow up and get your head screwed on straight before one of your juvenile stunts turns your multi-colored Nicky Haden knock-off into a brain bucket!
haha wow you know me soo well. Sure he shouldn't have been doing wheelies in front of a cop, sure he should have had a license. But do we really need to brag about it on a forum filled with motorcyclists who have made their fair share of mistakes and could easily put themselves in this guys shoes.

I am curious also why you directed your anti-stunting hatred at me. As if I was the guy doing all the aforementioned activities.
Former AFM #691
Current Bikes:
1986 Honda Elite 150
2001 Suzuki RM 250
1994 Yamaha YZ 125
skater1on1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #85
deaconblues
Roads Scholar

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2008 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Name: George
i think the key word there is 'bragging'.

You're ASSUMING he's bragging about sending someone's ride to bike-jail, or writing up a ticket.

More like, "guess what, here's where i have to actually earn my paycheck, and no it's NOT the fun part of the job."

The fact that it IS out in the open in the middle of a bunch of riders who may very well have done the same thing, that's where the value comes in. "hey guys, guess what? I had to impound someone's ride because they did A, B, and C. So if you all are planning on doing A, B, and C, fair warning, this is what happens." That's it.

"You're getting flamed for a good reason.....Just learn from it." - guidoninja

"Remember, you cant talk your way out of a ticket....you can certainly talk your way into one." - Brash47

What you're entitled to on BARF - Thx to troy900ss | WARNING: Post may contain traces of TMI
"IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME." - Hunter S Thompson 1937 - 2005
deaconblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #86
Iszlandsnow
Break yourself

Motorcycles: TLR, YZ426F, HD-Road King
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rel
Its a funny thing...... everyone wants to know why LEO's do what they do, and how they do thier jobs. And yet, when we tell everyone why we do what we do, and how we do it... people get pissed off. Oh, we're the big bad Po-Po, picking on the poor people of the great state......

All of the things the LEO's do, are up front, and out in the open. All the policies, and proceedures, are out there for the public to read. Its not a great mystery.

I'd answer any and all questions that I can, free of charge.....

I just want people to slow down, and not die on my freeways, highways, and roads...

Is that to much to ask?

Rant over.

+ 56 !! I wish I had some mojo.

RIP Maico Buncio # 129
Iszlandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #87
thebankman
Veteran

Motorcycles: Concours...put to sleep permanently
Name:
Let em ride without a seatbelt...just not in my car
thebankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #88
F33rNoFish
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 03 Suzuki DRZ S, 74 Yamaha DT175(project), 03 XR50(son's), 06 trike(daughter's)
Name:
i've only read the 1st page so far, but from what i've read i think this is a good idea.

i'll read on...
Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #89
RickyHayden
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: CBR 1000RR
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by SBrocker
and get your head screwed on straight before one of your juvenile stunts turns your multi-colored Nicky Haden knock-off into a brain bucket!

Ahh had your eye on it and couldnt afford it eh?

Its ok the all black KBC will do fine!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #90
Dougmo531
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member

Motorcycles: 1998 Yamaha R1
Name: Doug
Quote:
Originally posted by silversvs
We have suggested the LEO forum for over a year.
I've talked with Steve about this also. Maybe one day it will happen. Until then, BARF is still one of the better motorcycle forums out there!