Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #241
amo
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2018 panigale v4s, 2013 rsv4, 2002 zx6r
Name: Amadeus
Quote:
Originally posted by Airforce1
im glad your enjoying a good laugh there while my life completely sucks.
Cheer up emo kid!
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #242
Mike T
Ahahahahahaahahahahahaaha

Top Percent Poster

Motorcycles: '99 Yami R6 (sold), Duhondayamawazuki ZXGR-4550RRR Limited Special Edition, 2015 883 Iron
Name: Mikey
Quote:
Originally posted by amo
Cheer up emo kid!
ahah i foresee many EMO pics acomin'.....
..."Deuce-19's!"...

Newbie Ride #24
OG of Spartan Riders (since 2006 wo0t wo0t)
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #243
moto-rama
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor + + + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: '18 R1200R '17 KTM690 '07 Bonneville
Name: Jim
the best way is..

Do like I did, get an emancipation order from a judge, move out, make your own living, then you can do anything you want, as long as you are willing to pay the price.

There are few things better than real freedom.

'18 R1200R
'17 Duke690
'07 Bonneville
moto-rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #244
dubels
Veteran

Motorcycles: 01' F4i, Hawk GT (Nt650)
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick
People under 20 shouldn't own sportbikes. Just my opinion.
darn I should not ride my bike for tow months then... lol its all based on maturity and I got my bike when I was 18.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #245
Mike T
Ahahahahahaahahahahahaaha

Top Percent Poster

Motorcycles: '99 Yami R6 (sold), Duhondayamawazuki ZXGR-4550RRR Limited Special Edition, 2015 883 Iron
Name: Mikey
^ahahhaa....i started riding at 18 also....

hms...maybe people over 21 shouldnt drink alcohol then too huh?
..."Deuce-19's!"...

Newbie Ride #24
OG of Spartan Riders (since 2006 wo0t wo0t)
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #246
Choicobo
Veteran

Motorcycles: 02' EX250 00' RM125 00' 250 Race Bike *Sold*
Name:
damn this whole thread is just soooo funny

but yea people under 20 shouldnt ride
<- started riding street at 16, got the mest up bike to prove it lol
Choicobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #247
jorbar1551
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2017 CRF1000L Africa Twin
Name: Jordan
yo. i'm only 19 and i still live with my parents and my mom is totally against me getting a bike, but i eventually convinced her. she said that riding a motorcyle is like having a death wish. she said that anytime i get on that thing, im asking to get paralyzed.

my uncle just got in a bicycle accident in the santa cruz mountains. he lost control of his bike, and is now paralyzed from the nipples down. he was wearing a helmet which probably saved his life. one of his rehab mates was walking down the street when she was hit by a car and is now paralyzed from the neck down. she was hit by the guy in august who hit like 15 people from fremont, san jose and in san francisco.

driving a car around town today has become dangerous. tell her that you plan to take a msf course, and that you will be super careful and always look out.

theres a difference between taking a risk(as in a motorcycle) and being stupid.

as far as the insurance thing, i've never heard of something like that. insurance is going to cost you more, but anyone can get insurance as long as they dont have multiple dui's.

good luck
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #248
bart_dood
Rookie

Motorcycles: BMW R1150GSa
Name:
Re: Help me convince the parents.

Quote:
Originally posted by Airforce1
because of my situation with school, girlfriend and work being far away, like 6 miles or so for school and gf, i, at all costs need my own transportation. I cant get insured on a car for 5 months and meanwhile i am struggling keeping attendance good at school, work and losing my gf since i cannot even f#%!ing drive anywhere. If i drove i could save hours every day by replacing the school transportation via bus with my own means of trans. and so i could apply for more hours at work and hav emore time for homework and the gym. My parents are being cut throat on not letting me drive a motorcycle even if i paid for it and the insurance and ive tried to convince them so many times and if i bought a motorcycle my dad says he would get rid of it. My parents are being very naive, basing their facts on several accidents that happened in their time line as teenagers or adults that someone died they knew in a motorcycle accident, who btw. where not even wearing any protective gear. So my question is, can some of you people provide me with any information i could use to try and convince my parents in getting a motorcycle? If you think you can convince my parents by preparing some sort of report with quite convincing information on it ill consider paying you via paypal.
6 Miles is far? LOL you could walk that everyday if you had too; or you could get a bicycle and some gear off CL instead for a few hundred bucks.

If you loose your girlfriend because you don't have a car or motorcycle; you've done yourself a favor. If she is going to leave over something as small as that she doesn't care much about you anyway. What if something REALLY bad happened? you wouldn't see her for dust.

Your parents aren't "nieve" you are the one who is; motorcycles ARE dangerous; especially when you are younger and have worse judgement, look at the stats if you don't believe me; after a certain age (something like 30yrs) accident rates drop off a lot. Even then they are still high and messy compared to car accident victims.

Don't think protective gear can protect that much; your neck is very vunerable and so are all your internal organs and bones. One impact could snap your neck like a twig or crush all your organs to mush.

+1 to your parents; they are doing a good job IMHO.

bart_dood is offline   Reply With Quote