Old 06-19-2019, 08:03 AM   #1186
Kestrel
CAPTAIN VOLVO

Contributor

Motorcycles: DR350-SM/Dirt
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Arean View Post
Your sanctimony is noted. Because it's not like you don't regularly stick it to the Dubs and haven't said very harsh things about Draymond. But for the record, Kestrel is not that Internet poster.

I thought the post was entertaining because it encapsulates the Warrior hatred I keep hearing about. It was offered in jovial combative spirit, not serious character assassination.
I'd like to think I'm better at stringing together coherent thoughts and arguments than those guys

Yes, I wanted the Warriors to lose. I thought they'd steam roll their way through the finals, so this was a bit of an unexpected outcome. That said, it just... wasn't really the series I wanted to see, either. Watching KD get wrecked, and then Klay shortly after... The whole way that last game ended was not really how I wanted it to go down. A series is more than a single game, but it was still a sour note on which to end.

I still strongly dislike Draymond's attitude on the court, but to his credit (and aside from that timeout call), he played out of his mind. Was always pushing the ball hard in transition, and was a rebounding machine there in that last game. Credit is due - without him in, it wouldn't have been anywhere as close as it was. Steph alone wasn't enough to keep them in that last game, and Draymond was the X-factor that made them have a chance.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:52 AM   #1187
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Bonneville
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I'd like to think I'm better at stringing together coherent thoughts and arguments than those guys

Yes, I wanted the Warriors to lose. I thought they'd steam roll their way through the finals, so this was a bit of an unexpected outcome. That said, it just... wasn't really the series I wanted to see, either. Watching KD get wrecked, and then Klay shortly after... The whole way that last game ended was not really how I wanted it to go down. A series is more than a single game, but it was still a sour note on which to end.

I still strongly dislike Draymond's attitude on the court, but to his credit (and aside from that timeout call), he played out of his mind. Was always pushing the ball hard in transition, and was a rebounding machine there in that last game. Credit is due - without him in, it wouldn't have been anywhere as close as it was. Steph alone wasn't enough to keep them in that last game, and Draymond was the X-factor that made them have a chance.
Yeah, I felt like I was needing to get ready to go to a funeral at the end of game 6. Really weird, actually. But like I said in an earlier post, Dubs had a very light injury year this season, only to have it turn to shit at the very end. It was an emotional reaction, but it felt like a looming possibility that we witnessed career-ending injuries, even though that may not be true.

I think people who hate Draymond should allow that the guy can grow up after all. He seems to be. I always have to remind myself that most of these guys are between my two sons' ages. Having millions of dollars does not convey wisdom, it may, in fact, delay it.

Best wishes, Kestrel.

Last edited by Bay Arean; 06-19-2019 at 08:57 AM..
Bay Arean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #1188
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono V4, Grom
Name:
Draymond tenacity was a big reason we won 3/5.

IDGAF what anyone says, he runs his mouth but plays just as hard
Old 06-19-2019, 12:34 PM   #1189
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
Draymond tenacity was a big reason we won 3/5.

IDGAF what anyone says, he runs his mouth but plays just as hard
I sometimes imagine Draymond in a set of overalls because he has a throwback all-American work ethic and reminds me of an older generation.. He changed them a bit, but for a while, his free-throws for fouls were kind of hilarious and perfunctorily launched. He was hitting them pretty good for a while in past years. It looked very inelegant but like he was nailing down plywood or putting in sheetrock at a pro's pace. He just never stops trying to make something happen. I guess a lot is because he doesn't necessarily have the athletic gifts of others in the league but wants to play so badly. I feel like he goes into a game, presses the accelerator all the way down and doesn't much stop. During the pre-Final playoffs there were times when he just basically ran a foot-race down to his side to get the layup or whatever. If you can't keep up with him, well, too bad for you. Our three point artists come and go into shooting accuracy but he just kept hammerin his twos whenever he could or making lobs and such to whomever. And when he lost that weight, it was kind of a revival of spirits it seemed.

Amidst all the "what will happen" trade talk, I think losing Draymond would be very bad to this version of Warriors. I guess there are guys like him in the league but I can't think of one, really.

Last edited by Bay Arean; 06-19-2019 at 12:42 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 01:12 PM   #1190
Akira-R
Veteran

Founding Member
Barf Brick Contributor

Motorcycles: 07 rsvr, 04 nsr50
Name:
Interesting thought that was brought up on the radio.

The warriors may want to trade their 1st round pick for a couple 2nd rounders or even a 2nd and 3rd.

Since 1st rounders are guaranteed money, it's better to pick a few lower in the 2nd to not have to commit money.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #1191
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
Draymond deserves a Max contract, if we don't give it to him, he needs to walk.

He got 3 rings, guaranteed 20 years from now we talk about his gameplay and how it effected the finals. KD stepth and Klay did their jobs, but who rebounded pushed pace and did full court passes all the time? Draymond
Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #1192
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
Klay needs to leave dubs and be #1 on his own team.

Don't want him too but he deserves it too
Old 06-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #1193
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
Quote:
I sometimes imagine Draymond in a set of overalls because he has a throwback all-American work ethic and reminds me of an older generation.. He changed them a bit, but for a while, his free-throws for fouls were kind of hilarious and perfunctorily launched. He was hitting them pretty good for a while in past years. It looked very inelegant but like he was nailing down plywood or putting in sheetrock at a pro's pace. He just never stops trying to make something happen. I guess a lot is because he doesn't necessarily have the athletic gifts of others in the league but wants to play so badly. I feel like he goes into a game, presses the accelerator all the way down and doesn't much stop. During the pre-Final playoffs there were times when he just basically ran a foot-race down to his side to get the layup or whatever. If you can't keep up with him, well, too bad for you. Our three point artists come and go into shooting accuracy but he just kept hammerin his twos whenever he could or making lobs and such to whomever. And when he lost that weight, it was kind of a revival of spirits it seemed.

Amidst all the "what will happen" trade talk, I think losing Draymond would be very bad to this version of Warriors. I guess there are guys like him in the league but I can't think of one, really.
i agree, he actually puts in the work plays hard and we see the outcome
Old 06-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #1194
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
Klay needs to leave dubs and be #1 on his own team.

Don't want him too but he deserves it too
Unless there is behind-the-scenes acrimony, I always get the feeling that Klay likes the Splash Bro camaraderie. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I don't think he craves the limelight that much. I don't think he wants the required frontman dialogue with media etc etc. His press appearances are sometimes borderline excrutiating in his inscrutability. But who knows....

Last edited by Bay Arean; 06-19-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #1195
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Unless there is behind-the-scenes acrimony, I always get the feeling that Klay likes the Splash Bro camaraderie. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I don't think he craves the limelight that much. I don't think he wants the required frontman dialogue with media etc etc. His press appearances are sometimes borderline excrutiating in his inscrutability. But who knows....
he can pull a westbrook and beast mode, just "next question" or just show up and not say a word so he dont get fined.

im ok with all of that
Old 06-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #1196
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Since we're gabbin' on all of this, I wonder if you all heard about trouble in Rocket paradise. Apparently, despite their State Farm ad work, the Beard and CP didn't speak for two months during the season. Geezuz. Drah-ma.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #1197
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
didnt know it was that bad,

but you can tell both of them wanted to control the ball and set the pace when they were on the floor together

at times CP3 needed to pg, and other times bearded one needed to, it was almost how dubs countered their starting lineup coming into the 3rd - and by the time rockets swapped players we either cut our deficit or lead by like 10+

Wonder if thats why Harden went crazy and did like 30 games with 30 points in row?

I also just saw the shimmy replay, lol cp3 even got steph to crack a smile.

Last edited by FXCLM5; 06-19-2019 at 02:32 PM..
FXCLM5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #1198
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Name:
whoaaaaaaaaaaa

nba just shutdown nbaredditstreams
Old 06-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #1199
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Warriors first pick: Jordan Poole from Michigan

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...6/jordan-poole

Last edited by Johndicezx9; 06-20-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Johndicezx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #1200
Bay Arean
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
I don't watch college hoops so all these guys are news to me but they seem like a good set of picks. The first guy is on the small side but dynamic. The other two are taller and bigger and the Serbian guy is apparently a favorite in the G league. The sports guy on the radio claims the Warriors actually kept him from playing too much so he wouldn't attract other teams' attention. Interesting...