BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
LeClerc got screwed 4 times in that race:
1. Asked to let Vettel pass.
2. Left out too long that let Verstappen get past him
3. Left out before 2nd tire change long enough to give Vettel a tow
4. Not given a shot at the fastest lap, he had over 30 seconds to the next driver so there was no danger there, but at the time Vettel was holding the extra point for fastest lap which I think was their deciding factor.

I was glad to see Red Bull snatch fastest lap from Vettel, served Ferrari right fo playing their favoritism game.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #62
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Sad to see Ferrari underperform but happy to see VerStappen racing properly and holding 3rd in the Driver's Championship which would have been unthinkable just before the season.

Looks like the most interesting thing to watch at Ferrari will be the possible ascension of LeClerc.
GAJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #63
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
Sad to see Ferrari underperform but happy to see VerStappen racing properly and holding 3rd in the Driver's Championship which would have been unthinkable just before the season.

Looks like the most interesting thing to watch at Ferrari will be the possible ascension of LeClerc.
Ferrari will come around. LeClerc should have won that race that he was leading, just bad luck that hit him like that. I wonder how Ferrari would be treating him right now if he had gotten that win and was well ahead of Vettel on points about now.

Verstappen has definitely shown more maturity this season, there's been about 5 times where he behaved different than he would have in previous years and continued the race where he may have been out if he had resorted to previous behavior. It seems like Redbull is suffering from HP deficit to Ferrari and Mercedes, but I don't expect either team to start supplying them with an engine, neither team wants to deal with an Adrian Newey chassis along with one of their engines.

Gasly better start showing results or he'll be replaced by Albon next year...possibly sooner.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #64
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
Ferrari will come around. LeClerc should have won that race that he was leading, just bad luck that hit him like that. I wonder how Ferrari would be treating him right now if he had gotten that win and was well ahead of Vettel on points about now.

Verstappen has definitely shown more maturity this season, there's been about 5 times where he behaved different than he would have in previous years and continued the race where he may have been out if he had resorted to previous behavior. It seems like Redbull is suffering from HP deficit to Ferrari and Mercedes, but I don't expect either team to start supplying them with an engine, neither team wants to deal with an Adrian Newey chassis along with one of their engines.

Gasly better start showing results or he'll be replaced by Albon next year...possibly sooner.
Vettel, behind VerStappen in the Driver's championship and looking over his shoulder with crown akilter at LeClerc and thinking "winter is coming.'
GAJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #65
DReg350
Just Another Rider

AMA #3283440
Just Another Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++++GOPx2

Motorcycles: BMW F650GS
Name: Greg
Quote:
LeClerc got screwed 4 times in that race:
1. Asked to let Vettel pass.
2. Left out too long that let Verstappen get past him
3. Left out before 2nd tire change long enough to give Vettel a tow
4. Not given a shot at the fastest lap, he had over 30 seconds to the next driver so there was no danger there, but at the time Vettel was holding the extra point for fastest lap which I think was their deciding factor.

I was glad to see Red Bull snatch fastest lap from Vettel, served Ferrari right fo playing their favoritism game.
Absofuckinlutely. I gotta say though... LeClerc was a professional about it. Did what was asked of him, but still drove like a thoroughbred. His block late in the race to allow Vettel to catch up was team player move. Respect. He may be my new favorite dude.

The Mercedes bam bam one out one in pit stop was BEAUTIFUL! It was like watching a perfectly executed waltz. Made it look so simple, but it was anything but simple. The timing. OMG the timing. Say what you want about Mercedes... that pit stop is something I'll remember.

Haas... I so want to be Kevin Magnussen fan. What do you think the problem is with Haas?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #66
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Haas has flashes of brilliance, then disappoints. I think they're still a young team and lack the cumulative team experience, sheer manpower of the Ferrari and Mercedes and years of cumulative development on their chassis. I think that they have a bright future, but it's very hard to compete with some teams that put $400+ Million into their F1 season.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #67
DReg350
Just Another Rider

AMA #3283440
Just Another Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++++GOPx2

Motorcycles: BMW F650GS
Name: Greg
No, I get that. They're not gonna beat Mercedes or Ferrari. I was just hoping they'd be further ahead than they are now. GAJ, one of my favorite BARF dudes, OPed with the documentary from last year. They were so close to 4th in in the constructors cup. This year... not so much. Dammit. I want 'em to beat Renault. Its irrational I know, but so what. I'm just a fan. They're really our only sorta US team. Am I wrong?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:23 AM   #68
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Yes and no. Their headquarters is in North Carolina but their main plant is in the UK.

My brother applied for a job with them, the jobs are in the UK.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #69
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

FP1 red flagged because idiots didn't secure down a drain cover in Baku, tearing up the underside of George Russell's car.

FP1: Drain cover issue cuts short first session in Baku

Then, the lift truck sent out to retrieve the broken car was too tall to clear an overhead obstacle.

It's going to be an eventful weekend, there could be some bad accidents in this race with this track.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #70
Archimedes
Fire Watcher

Contributor +1%

Motorcycles: Done Broked Down
Name: Lefty2Guns
Absolutely stupid track that F1 shouldn't even be racing on. But money talks in F1.
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #71
Eye Heart Pasta
Erik changed my life

Reads Mostly User
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Ducati ST4s (Weekends), V-Strom (Weekdays)
Name: Danny
No spoilers in this post.

Hope everyone added extra time to the end of your qualifying recording. I only added an extra 30 minutes, but with red flags in Q1 AND Q2, I missed Q3.

Hope you guys are smarter than me!
Eye Heart Pasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #72
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

I got burned too, 30 extra minutes has been enough every time before.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #73
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Interesting tactical race, though the long term strategies didn't quite play out for some of the players.

Don't know what happened to LeClerc in the last stint, I was expecting him to have blazing fast laps after changing to the softs.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #74
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: ‘18 Alta EX006, ‘17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM503 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
I just came across this whilesurfing Netflix.

And I rather the spelling Ren-O. Conserves letters.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #75
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Interesting tactical race, though the long term strategies didn't quite play out for some of the players.

Don't know what happened to LeClerc in the last stint, I was expecting him to have blazing fast laps after changing to the softs.
Thought he set fast lap of the race with the change to softs....