BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 PM   #46
lizard
Veteran

Motorcycles: <-- I'd give them up forever if I could have Arnold for 1 more year
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikewanker View Post
Ride more wank less.

On the contrary, I read that you have to take care of your prostate’s health when you get older by “unloading” 23 times a month.

Edit: here’s a link:

http://www.verywellhealth.com/reduce...lation-2328515

Perhaps I should invest in an Accujack?

Just call me... "Dan"

The best thing about a man is his dog" - French Proverb

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'" - The Shawshank Redemption

Last edited by lizard; 05-26-2019 at 10:33 PM..
lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #47
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Motorcycles: the red witch
Name:
old dude told me once that his 40’s were the best years of his life (best combination of his health and the salary he made - so he had enough money to do what he wanted, and still vigorously healthly to enjoy it). so i guess as with any age, look at whatever bright side you can find and make the best of it.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #48
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Take a moment to realize that time is running away. Time is accelerating and what you think you might do tomorrow may not happen.
Take good care of yourself, your relationships, and the things that matter.
Appreciate and make time for old people, old dogs, and old cats they will be gone before you know it.Give them a hug, a kiss, a pat.

Give up hope for a better yesterday.
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
You go where you look!
HOHO
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #49
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Hildi
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Guitar.
It's never too late to learn. I've even taught a few folks in their 60's how to play. As long as your hands are still working well, you can pick it up.

To the OP:

Never pass up an opportunity to use the bathroom.

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:46 AM   #50
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Hildi
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
Since I'll be going back in soon, this is exactly how I'm sure I'll be feeling...

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #51
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard View Post
On the contrary, I read that you have to take care of your prostate’s health when you get older by “unloading” 23 times a month.

Edit: here’s a link:

http://www.verywellhealth.com/reduce...lation-2328515

Perhaps I should invest in an Accujack?
Doctor's orders?

Doctor's orders!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #52
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster

Motorcycles: Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name: Asmodeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
What did you wish you learn by the time you were 40 year old?
Epsom Salts.

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond
Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #53
nakedape
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: Multistrada S
Name: Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeast View Post
old dude told me once that his 40’s were the best years of his life (best combination of his health and the salary he made - so he had enough money to do what he wanted, and still vigorously healthly to enjoy it). so i guess as with any age, look at whatever bright side you can find and make the best of it.
Yes, this. And the epsom salts, though I'm bath basin challenged so more like 300mg of MG citrate in divided doses daily.

Thanks to our DINK Life, we can anything we want, have summers off (190 day work year), and nobody minds our visits because NO CHILDREN. 40s are great so far, but they are ending this year...
Old 05-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #54
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Now is the time to work out MORE not LESS!

Many guys stop working out after their 30's, figuring they don't need to keep their muscles up, but you actually have more reason to work out if you want to get to your 80's an beyond.

If you go onto online dating, don't put down an age 40 or higher, you won't hear from any women, even ones over 40.

Also, remember that you're used up about half your allotted years (statistically), make the rest count and don't waste them, the perceived duration of each year is inversely proportional to the number of years you've lived.
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #55
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 2016 Multistrada ST
Name: Bill
Stretch. Touch your toes every day and you will still be able to when you hit my age. Wish I would have read this thread 30 years ago. Just over a year and I hit the big 70. But that will be another thread.
bikeama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #56
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedape View Post
Yes, this. And the epsom salts, though I'm bath basin challenged so more like 300mg of MG citrate in divided doses daily.

Thanks to our DINK Life, we can anything we want, have summers off (190 day work year), and nobody minds our visits because NO CHILDREN. 40s are great so far, but they are ending this year...
You and I are not talking about the same thing.

My 20's were great, my 30's were an absolute train wreck, my 40's are turning out to be pretty good so far and hey, unlike a lot of these cats apparently did, I still have all my hair.

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond
Old 05-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #57
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
You and I are not talking about the same thing.

My 20's were great, my 30's were an absolute train wreck, my 40's are turning out to be pretty good so far and hey, unlike a lot of these cats apparently did, I still have all my hair.
For many, hair doesn't go away, it just migrates to another part of their body!
Got tired of the CHP-funded P.O.S. incident page and made my own for motorcycles in the Bay area and surrounding zones: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents **NOTE** I added Sacramento, Monterey and San Luis Obisbo on 4/22/2018.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #58
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
For many, hair doesn't go away, it just migrates to another part of their body!
I reckon stress has something to do with it too. I see some of the guys that I was buddies with in my teens and 20's on Facebook and they look WRECKED. Me and two other guys, look almost the same. Couple of lines on the face a little deeper. Maybe a couple of pounds heavier, but you look at a photo of da boyz from 20 years ago, and we are easy to pick out.

The dudes that look a mess, they are all guys that got married and had kids young...

Last edited by Eldritch; 05-28-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Old 05-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #59
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
I reckon stress has something to do with it too. I see some of the guys that I was buddies with in my teens and 20's on Facebook and they look WRECKED. Me and two other guys, look almost the same. Couple of lines on the face a little deeper. Maybe a couple of pounds heavier, but you look at a photo of da boyz from 20 years ago, and we are easy to pick out.

The dudes that look a mess, they are all guys that got married and had kids young...
It probably had as much to do with the activities they didn't do because they had kids (and possibly going through divorces and taken through the ringer by lawyers) rather than the stress of raising kids.

I didn't have my first kid until 32 and I was active in sports until my late 30's and never stopped working out. Most people guess my age 15 years less than actual.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:10 AM   #60
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
It probably had as much to do with the activities they didn't do because they had kids (and possibly going through divorces and taken through the ringer by lawyers) rather than the stress of raising kids.

I didn't have my first kid until 32 and I was active in sports until my late 30's and never stopped working out. Most people guess my age 15 years less than actual.
I honestly reckon it is genes more than anything else. Having kids is sort of the excuse the older looking guys like to use and I'm happy to let them have it. Those of us that still look reasonably together all have wildly varied self care regiments.