Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
The Roadside Angel/Ogg Great Gear Giveaway is Coming!!

So one of our longtime BARFers, Ogg, has given up riding. Over several years of touring, riding, and track days, he's acquired quite a bit of gear. And people, lemme tell ya, it's the good stuff!
What he's done is ship it to me... 4 big ol' boxes of riding safety goodness.
They got shipped out here to California this week.
I started opening them yesterday... it was kinda like Christmas, TBH...

So what's the game plan?
Well, once I get everything itemized, with sizes, and taken pictures of all of the things, I'm going to have a Giveaway.

This is an opportunity for newer riders to acquire much-needed safety gear... and if you're a more experienced rider, and all you have is textile gear, and you've wanted to do a track day, but can't afford leathers, cool- but then is there a n00b that you can give your textile gear to?
If you're a broke-ass student, and your only transportation is your bike, hey, there's a set of heated gloves!

If you can afford to chip in a little into the kitty, sweet, make a BARF donation to help Budman cover some of the cost of running this place ad-free.

I'm sort of leaning towards an essay contest... once everything gets posted up, write a little paragraph about why you need the piece(s) you want. More importantly, Ima wanna know how you're going to pay it forward to someone else in need... because really, the single best thing about this forum is the way the members come together to help others. I've been off this place for a long time, but the level of empathy, concern and care shown for me when I lost Buster last month made such a difference... so I'm excited to be able to help out some new riders, and some more experienced riders who can then help out other riders, in awesome Old Skool BARF fashion!!

As far as getting everything to everyone, the easiest thing would be for me to throw all the stuff in the truck, and have a meet-up somewhere in the Bay Area... (maybe at Motowrx in LibMo- somebody better bring beer, jes' sayin'...) for those of you waaaay out of the area, we'll work something out for getting it shipped to you. FYI, I suck at getting shit shipped out...

Anyways, super stoked about being able to give so much cool stuff away...
Some of the stuffs are Sidi boots (touring, and track)... A* back protectors... A* 2pc leathers (nice black/silver!), luggage stuff that apparently straps on to the bike (have NO idea how that shit works lol), tank bags (magnetic AND strap on types!), leather heated gloves with the heater dealio, a bunch of Shoei replacement visors, liners, and a whole 'nother big box of I-don't-know-what because I didn't get it opened!
So keep an eye out for the actual give away, hopefully I'll have that posted by Sunday (if I don't go watch AFM and pine for the track)!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU OGG!!! This is the happiest I've felt since Buster passed!
And THANK YOU!!! to all the BARFers who've been so kind as to check in on me, and let me know they cared. Feelin' the BARF love!!

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Cool stuff...!

OGG did some Hawthorne Pole Line flying low to the ground back in the day. Nice gent.. Have not seen him in a long time!!

Nice thing of he and you to do.

Tell the man I said hello and wish him well.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Cool stuff...!

OGG did some Hawthorne Pole Line flying low to the ground back in the day. Nice gent.. Have not seen him in a long time!!

Nice thing of he and you to do.

Tell the man I said hello and wish him well.
Yeah, he moved out of state at least 6 years ago (I've been in Stocktom for 5 now)... but I'll text him, and tell him you said hello!
I'm super stoked to be able to find homes for all this cool stuff!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Old 09-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
bikeama
Super Moderator

AMA #: 1097
BARF Moderator
Contributor + 3%

Motorcycles: 2020 BMW S1000XR Lowride.
Name: Bill
Looking forward to this thread. I don't need much but who knows, I still need to do a track day. Never raced road just dirt, OG but still can learn new things. Really like the idea of an essay.
bikeama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
bikewanker
Veteran

AMA #: 178394
Contributor ++++++++++++1%

Motorcycles: TR-650x2, , Rapid Taxi RR, Tiger 1050, ZX-6r, '81 1002 F
Name: chris
Is essay like an app?

"tis better to wank here than in the hereafter" M.S. Murphy.
"Rivers and roads lead people on" Georgia O'Keeffe

Be Well Ride Well
bikewanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
That Guy
Happy Racing

Contributor

Motorcycles: Give me wooooooooood
Name: Will
AFM#41x
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #7
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Once In a While
Name: Ay Caramba
I call first dibs if there’s a 2020 Speed Triple in any of those boxes to be given away.
Thanks

Note : has to be an RS
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #8
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman

Ay Caramba!!!
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #9
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikewanker View Post
Is essay like an app?
Pretty sure writing a one paragraph essay is a LOT easier than writing an app...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankpage View Post
I call first dibs if there’s a 2020 Speed Triple in any of those boxes to be given away.
Thanks

Note : has to be an RS
Dude... if there was an actual motorcycle, I am NOT that altruistic! It would just get quietly unpacked and relocated to the back yard!!

Old 09-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
ucmgrad
Rookie

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: 02 ZX-6R 15 FZ-07 00 kx250 06 yfz700r
Name: Luis
As a recently graduated (still poor and uses his bike for commuting) grad student I'm looking forward to see what's available. I could always use a set of boots since I ride year-round (if they are my size). Fingers crossed! Will provide an essay when required
ucmgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucmgrad View Post
As a recently graduated (still poor and uses his bike for commuting) grad student I'm looking forward to see what's available. I could always use a set of boots since I ride year-round (if they are my size). Fingers crossed! Will provide an essay when required
Depending on your size, if the boots in the boxes are too big, I may have some that would fit. Hopefully we can find something that works!

Old 09-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
Ogg
Oggito ergo sum

Motorcycles: from the folks who lost WW2
Name: Todd
She’s sandbagging. There’s a full hands-to-feet dual controller Gerbings rig. Plus a vest if the jacket is too much.
Kudos to Connie for putting this together. She’s doing all the work.
I just hope I get to read the essays :-)
Clarkson on cyclists: "Trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong."
Ogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #13
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
She’s sandbagging. There’s a full hands-to-feet dual controller Gerbings rig. Plus a vest if the jacket is too much.
Kudos to Connie for putting this together. She’s doing all the work.
I just hope I get to read the essays :-)
Lol there's more to the glovies with wire thingies and the plastic box thingy??
Guess I'll be sending you pictures for info... lol we just get cold hands on the track...
And essays will be posted here, and if you want to pick the winners, that's cool!