Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxergirl1000 View Post
Berto... when Zarra's time comes (and I hope it's years from now!!), brother please know that I'll be at your side to cry with you...
So grateful for your friendship, and the incredible words of wisdom you gave me when I was at my lowest that helped ease the pain... <3
Likewise Connie...hope to see ya soon in RL. Take it slow...if it's at the track, we're gonna run hot laps.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #62
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DReg350 View Post
Hey Connie, Wanted to check in on you and let you know that I'm still thinking of you. My pup's paw print showed up last weekend. Thinking of making a memorial out of it like I did for my last pup. Hope you're beginning to heal.
That shadow box is beautiful!!!
I got a paw print kit off Amazon a few months ago, and I actually did Buster's paw prints shortly after I got it... couldn't imagine trying to do that with him gone...
I think I'm going to do something similar with Buster's collar, the paw print tile, some pictures, and one of his favorite stuffies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
Connie, I've been away from internetz but I love you. I was so sad to hear of Buster's passing. I know he is everywhere, in your heart, in your heart, on your chair (in spirit) tossing his little toy demanding you play.
Thank you for allowin me a day with the 2 of you, I know just how special he was.
He deserves your grief and he earned your tears. They are family and it is a true punch in the gut when their time comes.
The house is so empty with him gone... I hate going in it, I hate getting up in the morning. I'm glad you got to hang with him and me a couple of times... he liked you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Likewise Connie...hope to see ya soon in RL. Take it slow...if it's at the track, we're gonna run hot laps.
Berto... I'm planning on going to AFM's last round Saturday afternoon. And next year, I'll be back on ol' Timmmmaaay, and I fully expect you to tow me around.
We may have to disable a couple of your cylinders so I can keep up...
And thanks... frealz...

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #63
Z3n
Squid.

Contributor +++++ 2%

Motorcycles: help me prove my commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Name:
Quote:
Thanks Conan... miss you... wish you were still on the FB...
Now that I'm bionic and can drive, I hope I make the guest list for the next party...
You are, of course, as soon as it's safe to do so!
Z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #64
therok229
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Ducati Elitist
Name:
Quote:
Thanks for the condolences, Everyone... and thanks so much to Carlos for being so generous to cover the cost of the vet coming to the house to help Buster, and for the private cremation... that meant the world...
I had thought he was going to pull through... but the bloodwork came back showing acute kidney & liver failure.
No coming back from that.
I've lost 2 of my best friends this year... first Danni (idontdotrix) and now the Pocketdog.
2020 can fuck right off.

I know how you feel, we lost one of our pups last year in July. We've had him since birth, my mom's dog's litter. I was never a dog person, until he passed and how much I miss him and the love he brought us.

I gave him to my girlfriend \ now wife, but he was always my dog according to our friends. I miss him so much, he was 15 when he passed.

Just remember the love and joy they brought to everyone, especially you. And not the sadness of them passing. Well at least, I keep telling myself that.

-Viet

http://www.phamphoto.com

Last edited by therok229; 09-09-2020 at 12:53 AM..
therok229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #65
therok229
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Quote:
That shadow box is beautiful!!!
I got a paw print kit off Amazon a few months ago, and I actually did Buster's paw prints shortly after I got it... couldn't imagine trying to do that with him gone...
I think I'm going to do something similar with Buster's collar, the paw print tile, some pictures, and one of his favorite stuffies...

The house is so empty with him gone... I hate going in it, I hate getting up in the morning. I'm glad you got to hang with him and me a couple of times... he liked you...

Berto... I'm planning on going to AFM's last round Saturday afternoon. And next year, I'll be back on ol' Timmmmaaay, and I fully expect you to tow me around.
We may have to disable a couple of your cylinders so I can keep up...
And thanks... frealz...
I was the one that showered our dog that passed. He was 6lbs, so I always remembered washing his paws and also seeing his paw prints in the sand at the beach. I made sure the vet made paw prints for me, after he passed.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #66
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
The vet that came out to the house to help Buster just texted me... he's going to be at the Vets here in Brentwood tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to pick him up, and bring him home for the last time tomorrow after work.
The house is so empty without him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
You are, of course, as soon as it's safe to do so!
Can't wait for the Post-Pandemic Costume Party!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therok229 View Post
I know how you feel, we lost one of our pups last year in July. We've had him since birth, my mom's dog's litter. I was never a dog person, until he passed and how much I miss him and the love he brought us.

I gave him to my girlfriend \ now wife, but he was always my dog according to our friends. I miss him so much, he was 15 when he passed.

Just remember the love and joy they brought to everyone, especially you. And not the sadness of them passing. Well at least, I keep telling myself that.

-Viet
I'm so sorry you lost your fur-kid... and eventually, we'll both be able to remember our little guys without wanting to cry...

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Old 09-10-2020, 07:13 AM   #67
m0t0_ryder
RYD!

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Big to small. I like 'em all. 950ADVS-450EXC-R100GS-TW200-YW50P-XR600-Z1-ST90-model165Hummer
Name: John
Gonna be another tough day.

Saw this (again) and thought it appropriate to share.
Especially if you know the lyrics.

youtu.be/-tJriMlnpHk
m0t0_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:22 PM   #68
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0_ryder View Post
Gonna be another tough day.

Saw this (again) and thought it appropriate to share.
Especially if you know the lyrics.

youtu.be/-tJriMlnpHk
That song has moved me to tears for years... this guy's cover is beautiful... and his doggie is so fluffy...

I brought Buster home yesterday for the last time...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buster the Pocketdog comes home.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	537182  

Old 09-13-2020, 01:23 AM   #69
therok229
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
When I picked up Chewy's ashes, I took a long ride with him. All I could think was, my boy finally took a ride with me.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #70
Coffae
Crash Test Dummy

Motorcycles: '05 Gsxr750
Name: Mickey
Sorry to hear about Buster Connie. I miss being with the crowd, and you... You are lucky, he was with you for 17 years!!! Good that you had a great friend for that long. He is now going to wait on that rainbow of a bridge for you -- hopefully a long time in the future...
Coffae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #71
Gabe
COVID-fefe

AMA #: 1006675
Founding Member
Contributor +++++3%

Motorcycles: FZ-07 farkled-by-Amazon Edition
Name: Gabe
Oh God--I glanced at the post title and thought it said CONNIE passed away! I almost pooped myself.

So sorry about your dog, but so happy you're around!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #72
The Smokester
Old Newbie

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RS
So sorry about the loss of your dog. I lost my dog, Smokey (see my username), several years ago and can still feel it.

Take care.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #73
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by therok229 View Post
When I picked up Chewy's ashes, I took a long ride with him. All I could think was, my boy finally took a ride with me.
I'm so sorry you lost Chewy...
Buster hated going in cars... except once, in the Miata, with the top down.
When I brought him home, even though the air quality was terrible, I didn't care... I put the top down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffae View Post
Sorry to hear about Buster Connie. I miss being with the crowd, and you... You are lucky, he was with you for 17 years!!! Good that you had a great friend for that long. He is now going to wait on that rainbow of a bridge for you -- hopefully a long time in the future...
I miss you too, Mickey... I'm grateful he stuck with me as long as he did...
Hoping to get my bike running and get out riding again within the next week or so...
Let's get together for coffee or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Oh God--I glanced at the post title and thought it said CONNIE passed away! I almost pooped myself.

Still here (although I've had a couple of close calls in the last couple of years #shittyanesthesiologist)!
I miss my little man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smokester View Post
So sorry about the loss of your dog. I lost my dog, Smokey (see my username), several years ago and can still feel it.

Take care.
Thank you... I've lost 2 horses, and 2 other dogs, and I loved them all, but Buster was different... I think I'll still be feeling this years from now, too...

Old 09-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #74
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post

Repeatedly... Maybe a mod can fix the title?

I am sorry for your loss, you were all lucky to have each other.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #75
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndicezx9 View Post
Repeatedly... Maybe a mod can fix the title?

I am sorry for your loss, you were all lucky to have each other.
Thank you... missing him badly right now. He made the worst days better.