Old 09-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
ABC
Veteran

AMA #:2770635
Contributor +

Motorcycles: !
Name: D
THE OFFICIAL: PEEWEE BARFERS THREAD

Just bought my 2 year old son a STACYC bike. He is getting acclimated to it pretty well. He had a strider since 9 months old and has mastered his balance. He was against doing peddles so I caved and bought him the STACYC (also many other reasons.) Well I live in San Francisco and its not really easy to just have him rip on the throttle because A) I don't trust him B) its new and a little intimidating for him C) overall its just not the right environment for it.

Im here looking for a place for dads and moms to come and shoot the shit about their kids, progress, ride meetups, and anything else that pertains to getting our little ones to follow in our footsteps and be the next generation of responsible BARFERS!

So here we go.
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #2
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
So those with enlarged prostates need not apply?
Old 09-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
ABC
Veteran

Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndicezx9 View Post
So those with enlarged prostates need not apply?
!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chris.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	537379  
Old 09-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #4
KrustyKruser
El Chingon

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2013 Zero DS 13.0 Enginecycles: DucAudi and Buell
Name:
Sweet. I picked up a basket case YSR 50 I'm putting together for my 5 year old son. I will post up when I can. I am looking for an XR 50 for him and may ditch the YSR project if I get one. Not many places legal to ride up here either. I wanted one of the mini electric GasGas bikes for kids but looks like they won't make them after all.

Just cause your piece is at the gunsmith, it doesn't mean you're not a gunfighter. You need a back-up piece. ↔ russ69
KrustyKruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
budgie45
panty sniffer

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: A loud one
Name:
Though you were talking about midget riders
Old 09-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
Crispietogu
Veteran

Motorcycles: Vstrom
Name:
I bought the 16 inch for my 3 year old thinking he's only an inch away from flat footing it and that he will grow into it. He went wot on training mode and it wheelied him off the bike. ����. He was not amused after that. Wish they had something to limit the throttle becuase that thing can really go
Crispietogu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #7
ABC
Veteran

Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispietogu View Post
I bought the 16 inch for my 3 year old thinking he's only an inch away from flat footing it and that he will grow into it. He went wot on training mode and it wheelied him off the bike. ����. He was not amused after that. Wish they had something to limit the throttle becuase that thing can really go
I bought my 2 year old the 16in too. he is on his tip toes so I used the seat from his strider and it brought It down to where he can flat foot now. I tried to get him to use the throttle on day one because I was so excited.. that was a mistake. he is not amused at all either lol!!! he keeps saying "no throttle" now and only wants to walk the bike. I should of let him warm up to it more but I was just so damn excited.

Speaking about the power, I put it on advanced mode and holy fuck there is ALOT of damn torque there. I can't imagine how that thing would rip on the dirt track. you're totally right about the power in training mode too. I was surprised how fast it went. I thought it was only supposed to go 2.5 mph lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7129.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	537383  
Old 09-17-2020, 10:38 PM   #8
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
!
Actually, it has more to do with wee-pees, not pee-wees....
Old 09-18-2020, 07:15 AM   #9
Crispietogu
Veteran

Motorcycles: Vstrom
Name:
Quote:
I bought my 2 year old the 16in too. he is on his tip toes so I used the seat from his strider and it brought It down to where he can flat foot now. I tried to get him to use the throttle on day one because I was so excited.. that was a mistake. he is not amused at all either lol!!! he keeps saying "no throttle" now and only wants to walk the bike. I should of let him warm up to it more but I was just so damn excited.

Speaking about the power, I put it on advanced mode and holy fuck there is ALOT of damn torque there. I can't imagine how that thing would rip on the dirt track. you're totally right about the power in training mode too. I was surprised how fast it went. I thought it was only supposed to go 2.5 mph lol.
Haha yea advance mode is retarded fast. My 14 year old hopped on it and went wot and drove right into our fence first time. Training mode is 5 mph but when I looked at the 12 inch wheel it was still 5 mph training mode compared to the 16 inch. Stacyc sure puts alot of confidence that toddlers can handle 5 mph lol

Last edited by Crispietogu; 09-18-2020 at 08:12 AM..
Crispietogu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:43 AM   #10
PaleHorse
I am slow

AMA #4034218

Motorcycles: K5 GSXR 750 2016 HD FLHS
Name:
My girlfriends kids are 6 and 3. I bought a strider for the 3 year old and he shows some interest. He rips around on his big wheel. The 6 year old has zero interest. My daughters are 10 and 13. They both learned when they were 3-4. I cant for the life of me get her daughter to ride a bike. She will watch my daughters ride but still show no interest. She is a smart kid but also has little to no coordination.
PaleHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #11
mrzuzzo
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: The one outside of Starbucks
Name: Victor
Quote:
Just bought my 2 year old son a STACYC bike. He is getting acclimated to it pretty well. He had a strider since 9 months old and has mastered his balance. He was against doing peddles so I caved and bought him the STACYC (also many other reasons.) Well I live in San Francisco and its not really easy to just have him rip on the throttle because A) I don't trust him B) its new and a little intimidating for him C) overall its just not the right environment for it.

Im here looking for a place for dads and moms to come and shoot the shit about their kids, progress, ride meetups, and anything else that pertains to getting our little ones to follow in our footsteps and be the next generation of responsible BARFERS!

So here we go.
Wow, strider at 9 months? I always you had to wait around 2yrs old until using the balancing bikes.
mrzuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #12
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Motorcycles: All of them eventually.
Name: nope
My younger spawn on a free clapped out 1982 pw80 YZinger affectionately known as Zinggy Stardust.
Adding to the smoke here in Truckee in the driveway since all wooded areas are verboten!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200916_172938.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	537386  
Old 09-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #13
JMardy
More head - less ass

Contributor + + + 6%

Motorcycles: '16 Speed Triple R, '16 Husky FE350S, KTM 690 Enduro/SMC, '14 Husky TE310
Name: Haywood
have you seen this?
Pretty sweet:

youtu.be/3xj-J0NUuk8
JMardy is offline   Reply With Quote