Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > 1Rider

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #31
Cohort
Lurker

Motorcycles: ST1100
Name:
Very sobering.

Biased probably, but maybe because the CHP are sick of seeing dead young motorcyclists and the carnage. A thousand thumbs-up to the CHP who have to deal with it.

Last edited by Cohort; 06-18-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: typos
Cohort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #32
cbrf3
The slowest one

Motorcycles: Super Tenere
Name: Koby
Glad this became a sticky, ALL new and veteran riders definitely need to see this video and the MSF should show it also, ride safe everyone
cbrf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #33
i8marcus
FTW

Contributor

Motorcycles: 98 Suzuki TL1000R, 02 YZ 250
Name:
Not a video I've seen before either... Good post
Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #34
ChrisMac88

Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki zx6r, 1982 Kawasaki Ltd. 750
Name: Chris Mac
Lightbulb You are your fellow riders keeper.

The one thing I have to say is look out for your friends while riding. A lot of new riders, and some old ones too, try to ride beyond their skills. If I am riding with someone who is new and I see them doing stupid shit I always try and discourage them from it. I also try to constantly learn from poeple who know more than me (not just in motorcycling either), and I try and pass that knowledge on whenever I get the chance. Going fast is fun but stopping suddenly, like when you crash, isn't all that fun. It isn't worth it. I'm not impressed when fellow riders do dangerous shit just to get attention or be competetive. I'm more impressed with self control and demonstration of safety skills. Two wheels automatically equals cool in my book so let's be safe and just ride.
ChrisMac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #35
Spinbreakz
Spinbreakz

Motorcycles: CBR600rr
Name:
.....wow
Spinbreakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #36
Go2Trackdays
No speed limits or cars!

Motorcycles: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Name:
Good reminder of the results of inattentiveness, bad decisions, bad reactions while you're on a bike - and that goes for bad decisions by OTHER drivers also.
Go2Trackdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #37
lalazhu
Rookie

Contributor

Motorcycles: KTM Duke390 crf150, WR250X
Name:
in the vedio, they said the helmet was cracked then fell off.
Now, one questions: how fast or how hard would a crash crack a DOT standard helmet?
lalazhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #38
plinkplink
moto icon

Motorcycles: Kawi 650r, GSXR-750
Name:
I'm not suicidal, but I'm also not going to tiptoe through life frozen in fear. The world is overpopulated with idiots, myself included, and if I bite it on a motorcycle the only thing that I'd regret (if I were still alive to regret things) is the embarrassing, sappy, sentimental way people will probably think about my death.

I know exactly what I'm getting into every time I ride 180mph wheelies through rush-hour traffic drunk and on fire with no helmet shooting my pistol into the air between shifts.

All that I ask is that when I'm laying on top of the semi and my blood trails are the only way to find my broken corpse, please don't say what a shame it was, how foolish I'd been or what a waste of a perfectly good human being. There are 6.6 billion others; I think you'll manage without me.

So instead maybe you could say something like, "He knew what he was getting into and he did it anyway." We shouldn't need a scary movie to remind us that it's dangerous to hurtle down the road clinging to an engine with wheels.

Last edited by plinkplink; 06-26-2008 at 08:40 AM..
plinkplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #39
catgirldanni
Kitty cat kitty kitty cat

Motorcycles: One that works
Name: Danielle
I've never seen it either and that gave me the creeps.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #40
altareq
Rookie

Motorcycles: N/A
Name:
. very sad to see such tradgedy. i wish these people wouldnt ride so wrecklessly as if they are the only ones on the road. maybe they should impose a law like in other countries so that new riders start out of 125-500cc.
altareq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 AM   #41
bte320
Playa Hater Extraordinar

Motorcycles: Go Fast!!!
Name: Tyson
Definitely a tad biased.

Heres a shocker: Motorcycles are dangerous!!! *GASP*

I stick to either the track or b-roads if I want to go fast, and I always do a slow preride of the b-road at least twice. I'm all about the speed limit on the freeway and around town. I stick to the right lanes and I make sure as hell that everyone can see me, and a 125db horn works great too. If I think someone is coming into my lane or merging into the lane next too me, a give a honk. The 10mph/1 car length rule (front and back!) is something to hold onto religiously.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we NEED tiered licensing. Five bucks says that idiot bought either a hayabusa (the only bike besides a ninja 250 that every newb seems to have) or a liter. Stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #42
RidersLife
Rookie

Motorcycles: Ninja 650
Name:
WOW

I'm not going to pick apart this video. I got the message. I felt stupid the way I rode my bike today after seeing this video. 100mpg+ on 580 Oakland.
RidersLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #43
plinkplink
moto icon

Motorcycles: Kawi 650r, GSXR-750
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersLife View Post
I'm not going to pick apart this video. I got the message. I felt stupid the way I rode my bike today after seeing this video. 100mpg+ on 580 Oakland.
Wow, that was irresponsible to get that kind of gas mileage. I hope you're more careful about your fuel consumption in the future.
plinkplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #44
carbonkid
I get to stuntin ima vet!

Motorcycles: Konica Minolta Honda
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bte320 View Post
Definitely a tad biased.

Heres a shocker: Motorcycles are dangerous!!! *GASP*

I stick to either the track or b-roads if I want to go fast, and I always do a slow preride of the b-road at least twice. I'm all about the speed limit on the freeway and around town. I stick to the right lanes and I make sure as hell that everyone can see me, and a 125db horn works great too. If I think someone is coming into my lane or merging into the lane next too me, a give a honk. The 10mph/1 car length rule (front and back!) is something to hold onto religiously.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we NEED tiered licensing. Five bucks says that idiot bought either a hayabusa (the only bike besides a ninja 250 that every newb seems to have) or a liter. Stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

+1
Good video for MSF course. do they show it??? I think the video was boring but only becuz everyone from the non biking wolrd always tells me about this or that accident. Ive been in some good ones(freeway, hwy 9), so i think i understand the risks. It strikes me as odd when people seem to not understand that they could get injured or die with one bad twitch from an arm or a rouge piece of sand in the road.

And it erks me when people say ride safe for some reason tho i know its with the best intentions. But motorcycles are not safe, and if i wanted to ride safe(slow) id get a harley.

I like seeing all of you out there on these warm summer months tho to observe how yall ride safe.

RIDE SAFE

Dont let the mods censor you. DONT GET TALIBANNED

Highway 9 europe edition video comming soon! All left lane, all the time! DY be damned

Favorite record: COP KILLER by Ice T.
carbonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #45
carbonkid
I get to stuntin ima vet!

Motorcycles: Konica Minolta Honda
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersLife View Post
ohhhh.... duz the ninja 650 go 100+mph??? jk jk or were you just comenting on your Prius beater MPG???

Dont let the mods censor you. DONT GET TALIBANNED

Highway 9 europe edition video comming soon! All left lane, all the time! DY be damned

Favorite record: COP KILLER by Ice T.
carbonkid is offline   Reply With Quote