BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > 1Rider


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
It is a sticky.
Where's DataDan to summarize it for us?

Don't need an account to use the third link you posted but do need an account for the first two.

Is that the way you want it; for us to each create an account??

Last edited by GAJ; 12-03-2014 at 02:02 PM..
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Sore subject Geoff.

DD has retired from barf. He is still helping on some specific projects if we can get him engaged with the State, but in all honesty he got frustrated by the barf minions that spew some things he found as mistruths.... sometimes seeking a laugh or just being an ass can cause a loss for others unintentionally.

Huge loss for us.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #18
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Sore subject Geoff.

DD has retired from barf. He is still helping on some specific projects if we can get him engaged with the State, but in all honesty he got frustrated by the barf minions that spew some things he found as mistruths.... sometimes seeking a laugh or just being an ass can cause a loss for others unintentionally.

Huge loss for us.
Bummer, huge loss as you say.

Should I set up my account then to access all the data?
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
I think so. At least you won't have to go back and adjust it that way.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #20
tomr
Newbie
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Francisco
Motorcycles: 2003 BMW R1150GS
Name: Tom
Hi all!

I am the "Tom" behind these motorcycle collision tools. I hope you all like them and make good use of them!

We do require that you create a free account to use the mapping site, etc. We do this so we know who is using the site (rider, traffic safety professional, non-profit, etc) and why. I will NEVER share or sell e-mails. I might, at some point in the future, send out an occasional e-mail to let you know about improvements or other riding-related tools. A couple of e-mails per year at the most... If I do this, I will give you an easy way opt out.

Please feel free to send ideas for how you think the site could be improved and what else would be useful!

Ride well.
tomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
ZCrow
Veteran
 
ZCrow's Avatar
 
Contributor +

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Francisco
Motorcycles: 07 GSXR 600 (track) & 09 Street Triple (street)
Name: Zack
Great stuff! Thanks for making this a sticky.
ZCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #22
HupJai
Total Newbie
 
HupJai's Avatar
 
Contributor + 1%

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Jose
Motorcycles: 04' Honda VFR800 [Sold] 91' GS500E [Sold] 12' Honda NCX700
Name: Alexander
This is fascinating, I'll be share!
HupJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:16 AM   #23
mansfield
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: All over the place...
Motorcycles: Beemah!
Name:
Hi, Barfers! New member here but been reading for years. Not sure if I should post this here but it seems like the best place.

I would like to ask if anyone knows why our state gobmint doesn't love us?... I found this online:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6xV6wA&cad=rja

It is our state's overall plan for making traffic safety "safer". It looks like the state had a total of $96 million dollars this year for traffic safety. It is mostly federal money (go, Obama, dude!). And they gave to a huge number of organizations, like CHP and other police departments, Caltrans, etc. There are more than 300 individual projects. So far, so good, right? Well, they break it down by topic - alcohol, pedestrian, motorcycle, etc.

Guess how many motorcycle projects there were? Answer: 1
Guess how much of the $96 million they spent on motorcycle projects? Answer: $773,343

So... they have 96 million clams for traffic safety and spent less than 1 million on motorcycle safety???!!!

That is less than 1 percent (0.8%)... See pie chart on page 41.

What gives???!!! What about us??!!
mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #24
HeatXfer
Not Erudite, just er
 
HeatXfer's Avatar
 
AMA #3295418

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Bay
Motorcycles: '87 Paso 750. '07 KTM 990
Name: Chris
"persona non grata" :|
__________________
I know you think you understand what you though I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
- Robert McKloskey

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity."
- Isaac Asimov
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #25
mansfield
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: All over the place...
Motorcycles: Beemah!
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
"persona non grata" :|
Who?...
mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #26
Smash Allen
Banned
 
AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Motorcycles: a fast one
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfield View Post
Hi, Barfers! New member here but been reading for years. Not sure if I should post this here but it seems like the best place.

I would like to ask if anyone knows why our state gobmint doesn't love us?... I found this online:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6xV6wA&cad=rja

It is our state's overall plan for making traffic safety "safer". It looks like the state had a total of $96 million dollars this year for traffic safety. It is mostly federal money (go, Obama, dude!). And they gave to a huge number of organizations, like CHP and other police departments, Caltrans, etc. There are more than 300 individual projects. So far, so good, right? Well, they break it down by topic - alcohol, pedestrian, motorcycle, etc.

Guess how many motorcycle projects there were? Answer: 1
Guess how much of the $96 million they spent on motorcycle projects? Answer: $773,343

So... they have 96 million clams for traffic safety and spent less than 1 million on motorcycle safety???!!!

That is less than 1 percent (0.8%)... See pie chart on page 41.

What gives???!!! What about us??!!
That is some great information. We should be able to use this somehow during a meeting with open floor or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
"persona non grata" :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfield View Post
Who?...
I think that we motorcyclists are the persona non grata...the 'unwelcome person'
Smash Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #27
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
That is some great information. We should be able to use this somehow during a meeting with open floor or something.

I think that we motorcyclists are the persona non grata...the 'unwelcome person'
How about I bring it up tomorrow in my State Motorcycle Safety meeting with the OTS themselves.

Nice timing.. thanks.

Really kind of sad...
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #28
bikewanker
Veteran
 
bikewanker's Avatar
 
AMA #: 178394
Contributor ++++++++++++1%

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SFO
Motorcycles: TR-650x2, , Rapid Taxi RR, Tiger 1050, ZX-6r, '81 1002 F
Name: chris
Go Bud go. Thanks mansfield
__________________
Originally Posted by nebulous
“Being offended by the past using today's sensibilities, or un-sensibilities as it were, is disgusting”

"tis better to wank here than in the hereafter" M.S. Murphy.
"Rivers and roads lead people on" Georgia O'Keeffe

Be Well Ride Well
bikewanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #29
XPEHBAM
Фиг вам еще разик
 
XPEHBAM's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF
Motorcycles: '17 Ninja1K, '17 FZ-10
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
How about I bring it up tomorrow in my State Motorcycle Safety meeting with the OTS themselves.

Nice timing.. thanks.

Really kind of sad...
So how'd that go?
XPEHBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #30
jdeangelis
Newbie
 
jdeangelis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R, 2014 BMW K1600, 2014 Harley Dyna Low Rider.
Name: Jack
Exclamation i personally am experiencing cagers purposely trying to hit me

This story is a testament regarding what is happening on So.Cal. freeways


http://laist.com/2016/04/17/truck_in...ycle_crash.php

Disgusting evil human behavior.
__________________
"Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more."
~ Tony Robbins
jdeangelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.