BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #136
KooLaid
Hippocritapotamus

Motorcycles: 2020 300 XC-W
Name:
So I was looking through my blue cross blue shield (fepblue) plan and it says that ambulances are covered either 100% or I pay a $100 deductible as long as it is deemed medically necessary. Now I understand that unless EMS on scene screws up and flys me when I don't need it that I might be on the hook.

However.... would I be on the hook for the difference if the flight is say $30,000 and my plan says I only pay my $100 deductible but insurance only pays them $10,000? Regardless of whether I have insurance or not, airmedcare or not, conscious or not, if I need a helicopter, I'll end up in one.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #137
NorCalBusa
Member #294

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KooLaid View Post
So I was looking through my blue cross blue shield (fepblue) plan and it says that ambulances are covered either 100% or I pay a $100 deductible as long as it is deemed medically necessary. Now I understand that unless EMS on scene screws up and flys me when I don't need it that I might be on the hook.

However.... would I be on the hook for the difference if the flight is say $30,000 and my plan says I only pay my $100 deductible but insurance only pays them $10,000? Regardless of whether I have insurance or not, airmedcare or not, conscious or not, if I need a helicopter, I'll end up in one.
That's a question better posed to your insurance carrier. AMCN can't know your terms and exclusions.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 AM   #138
CALSTAR/REACH
Flying for you

BARF Partner in Safety

Motorcycles: Eurocopter 135-P3, 1416hp
Name: Tracy
Hi Koolaid,

These are great questions. Your insurance may state, "ambulance" but does not state helicopter air ambulance. So you may want to inquire with your insurance agent. If your insurance company states an airlift was medically not necessary, you will have to pay the entire bill.
Now if you have Membership coverage with Calstar/AirMedCare Network you will have no out of pocket costs and we pay your insurance deductible. Membership coverage also covers everyone living at your residence and in 38 states. We also have a, Fly U Home coverage, no insurance will cover.
If you want to contact me directly, we can discuss all the options and scenarios.
tracy.shearer@airmedcarenetwork.com
Look forward to hearing back
Old 07-08-2020, 10:30 PM   #139
RVFRick
Veteran

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: that run '90 GB500, '90 CB-1, '82 C70 Passport. That don't run '96 RVF400 & '94 NSR250 MC28.
Name: Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALSTAR/REACH View Post
Hi Koolaid,

These are great questions. Your insurance may state, "ambulance" but does not state helicopter air ambulance. So you may want to inquire with your insurance agent. If your insurance company states an airlift was medically not necessary, you will have to pay the entire bill.
Now if you have Membership coverage with Calstar/AirMedCare Network you will have no out of pocket costs and we pay your insurance deductible. Membership coverage also covers everyone living at your residence and in 38 states. We also have a, Fly U Home coverage, no insurance will cover.
If you want to contact me directly, we can discuss all the options and scenarios.
tracy.shearer@airmedcarenetwork.com
Look forward to hearing back
Does the above scenario payout apply even if the helicopter is not affiliated with the Calstar/AirMedCare Network?
RVFRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:22 AM   #140
CALSTAR/REACH
Flying for you

BARF Partner in Safety

Motorcycles: Eurocopter 135-P3, 1416hp
Name: Tracy
Membership coverage is within our network of EMS air ambulance. We recommend carrying your Membership card next to your drivers license. You also want to let, first responder's, doctor in a hospital or 911 operator that you are part of our network. Membership covers you in 38 states, 320 bases, and we are constantly expanding our footprint across the United States. We have several different branded helicopters within the coverage. You also can go to my website to see the coverage map and the helicopters that cover the areas.
www.amcnrep.com/tracy-shearer
Old 07-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #141
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALSTAR/REACH View Post
We recommend carrying your Membership card next to your drivers license. You also want to let, first responder's, doctor in a hospital or 911 operator that you are part of our network.
Say more about that. From the very little I’ve seen and experienced, responders don’t care if and what coverage the patient has. Unless the patient is convincingly turning down care, operators dispatch the best available resource to treat and transport the patient. Paperwork and billing is done by other people. While there’s no downside, I’m in need to learn the upside of carrying a piece of paper ‘next to your DL’ that won’t change the quality of care.