Brokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #17
doc4216
Coastie who high fives

AMA #3289553
Contributor + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2016 R1200RS
Name: Shannon
Connie, I am so sorry for your loss. The worst part of having a great dog is saying goodbye.

Yes, 2020 can gtfo.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #18
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapping Twig View Post
I am sorry for your loss Connie.

Love of a dog is the strongest kind.

I was in your shoes a year ago December.

Know we have your back.

I believe if there is a Heaven, our dogs will greet us there.
Greg, so very sorry you lost your pupper... Buster has gotten me through every bad thing that's happened in the last 16 years (and there's been a lot), and now he's gone... I just want to cuddle him so bad...

I was in Pacifica about a month ago, thought of you, stopped off at what is actually the best donut shop in NorCal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrydsfast View Post
Connie, you probably don't remember me but when I saw your photo, I remembered you. Sorry for your loss. Pets are family, usually the ones we like the best because all they want is to love and be loved in return. Peace.

With any luck, the Rainbow Bridge exists and you'll meet again there.
He was there for me every day, more so than the rest of my family. I like to picture him curled up in Danni's lap, getting belly rubs, with the 2 dogs from my childhood, Beau and Claudette, sitting on either side and my horses Breezy and Jimmy behind, so he's not alone and has family with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0t0_ryder View Post
Deepest sympathies to you Connie.

I lost my 14 year old rescue cattle dog, Texas, just a couple months ago. He was my shadow.
I feel your pain cause it brought a tear back for my Tex.

Just know it sucks for awhile and the little things, habits, will pop up once in awhile to bring the ying/yang - smile/tear.
But time heals.
And yes... 2020 is the big suck!

I waited 4 years between being owned by Tex and my previous cattle dog, Cooper.
Don't know how long I can last until my next one.
I'm soooo sorry you lost Tex... it took me years to get over losing my cocker spaniel and bring Buster home... I can't imagine going through this again. I dunno, maybe it would be different if I were married or something, but this is the first time I've been in this house alone since I moved here 5 years ago.
It's the suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlink View Post
Sorry Connie.
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4216 View Post
Connie, I am so sorry for your loss. The worst part of having a great dog is saying goodbye.

Yes, 2020 can gtfo.
Thank you... and he was the best of dogs...

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #19
gixxerjeff
Dogs best friend

Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
It gets better, Connie.....it just takes time.
My current pup is 11 years old, it seems she was a puppy only yesterday. I've gone through what you are several times now...and will again. Then the process will start over.
The book (and movie) The Art Of Racing In The Rain covered this topic eloquently.
Hang in there.

You must be fast because I was hauling ass when I passed you.

Rich Cox
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #20
gpracerman
Rookie

Motorcycles: gsxr 1000 04
Name:
*** Att ALL Barf members.Gixxergirl Connie need support *

im writing to all barf members.. as you know Connie lost her dog buster of 17 yrs this sat.im asking all who know her please reach out to her via here or her number.im a long time freind of hers and she needs all the emotional support we can give her.im worried and concerned after taking with her. She is very very sad and depressed Nd crying alot.plz reach out to her in anyway.she always been a staple of barf and there for all the riders she meets and gets to know.she is a wonderful woman and heart of gold.lets be there for her and help her get through this time........ im writing this because after talking with her she need us.... barf... members....freinds....to be there for her. Let's band together and help her through this time...spread the word to all.
gpracerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #21
gixxerjeff
Dogs best friend

I'm worried about her too.
She's been hit with a lot, especially in the past 6 months.
I have reached out to her but will do more.

Rich Cox
I miss you Rich.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #22
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
It gets better, Connie.....it just takes time.
My current pup is 11 years old, it seems she was a puppy only yesterday. I've gone through what you are several times now...and will again. Then the process will start over.
The book (and movie) The Art Of Racing In The Rain covered this topic eloquently.
Hang in there.
Thanks Jeff... I actually just bought that book 2 weeks ago, but Buster was already having troubles, and I couldn't bring myself to read it...

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Old 08-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #23
gixxerjeff
Dogs best friend

Once the all consuming grief you are no doubt experiencing begins to lift....and it will...I recommend cracking that book open. Beyond the well crafted riveting story there are lots of familiar landmarks referenced such as Sears Point and T-Hill laced throughout the pages which should provide an uplifting distraction. It is a story about racing, after all. More than just a racing tale, it provides a reassuring outlook on the obstacles life puts in front of us. After you've read it I think you will come back and tell me that it's "a racing story that has absolutely nothing to do with racing." And I will agree.
I wish you well, Miss Connie and remind you to reach out to me at any time if you need anything at all.

Rich Cox
I miss you Rich.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #24
Z3n
Squid.

Contributor +++++ 2%

Motorcycles: help me prove my commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Name:
Condolences, Connie - much love to you
Z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #25
budgie45
panty sniffer

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: A loud one
Name:
Sorry to hear about your dog,my pitbull died from lung cancer 6 years ago Iím still not over it
Old 08-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #26
InsuranceGuy
Rookie

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Concours
Name:
Sorry for your loss Connie
InsuranceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #27
firstbuell
GO! 04,16,61,64,69,95

BARF Moderator: Fan Racing Forum

Motorcycles: 99 Buell M2 Cyclone;06 KTM 450 EXC-plated!;04 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Disc;19 Wilier Cento1Hy
Name: Curt
so sad for your loss, Connie

And yes, m0t0_ryder is correct.....2020 is the big suck!

"The only good thing about 2020 is MotoGP is fucking awesome"
budman

"Doohan Keeps Beating Injured Schwantz"
roadracingworld.com
firstbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #28
DReg350
My dog has laser vision!

AMA #3283440
Just Another Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++++GOPx2

Motorcycles: ADV & DS
Name: Greg
So sorry, Connie. Our rascal rescue Basenji, who we had for 8 years passed away last month. He had bad stroke last September. This last year has been rough helping and hoping heíd recover; but not nearly as rough as when we lost him. As you know... the hole is huge. My heart goes out to you and your sweet pup. I do know this. We did absolutely everything we could for him. We spared no expense, time or effort. Iím betting you did the same.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #29
LectricBill
Kicks Gas

Contributor

Motorcycles: Brammo Empulse R
Name: Duh.
So sorry for the loss in your family, Connie. It's a really rough one that even I can feel when I see the soul in his eyes. There is no thing on earth like the love of a dog.

When we went through this, we found some comfort in a grieving group put on by the SF SPCA. Dunno if it's going what with Covid.

I had a beloved cat once die naturally in my arms at the end of a long struggle. I actually felt his spirit enter my chest, and two weird things happened that have changed my view of death. 1) I let out a loud, cat-like howl out of my mouth, totally involuntary. 2) I felt an immense sense of absolute bliss. I instantly knew: he was that bliss!

Someone once said, "Grief is my experience of a loss that is healing." May you grieve fully, in your own ways, until you're done.
LectricBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #30
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjeff View Post
Once the all consuming grief you are no doubt experiencing begins to lift....and it will...I recommend cracking that book open. Beyond the well crafted riveting story there are lots of familiar landmarks referenced such as Sears Point and T-Hill laced throughout the pages which should provide an uplifting distraction. It is a story about racing, after all. More than just a racing tale, it provides a reassuring outlook on the obstacles life puts in front of us. After you've read it I think you will come back and tell me that it's "a racing story that has absolutely nothing to do with racing." And I will agree.
I wish you well, Miss Connie and remind you to reach out to me at any time if you need anything at all.
When I can look at the cover without crying, I'll read it... and any story about racing that talks about my home tracks is one worth reading...
And thank you so much for the support... I'll touch bases later this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
Condolences, Connie - much love to you
Thanks Conan... miss you... wish you were still on the FB...
Now that I'm bionic and can drive, I hope I make the guest list for the next party...

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie45 View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog,my pitbull died from lung cancer 6 years ago Iím still not over it
Oh no... I'm so sorry... I remember you talking about your bully...
I don't know that I'm going to get over Buster any time soon... his leaving left a hole in my heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsuranceGuy View Post
Sorry for your loss Connie
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbuell View Post
so sad for your loss, Connie

And yes, m0t0_ryder is correct.....2020 is the big suck!
Thank you... yeah, 2020 has taken a lot from me... losing Buster is the icing all over the shit cake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DReg350 View Post
So sorry, Connie. Our rascal rescue Basenji, who we had for 8 years passed away last month. He had bad stroke last September. This last year has been rough helping and hoping heíd recover; but not nearly as rough as when we lost him. As you know... the hole is huge. My heart goes out to you and your sweet pup. I do know this. We did absolutely everything we could for him. We spared no expense, time or effort. Iím betting you did the same.
I'm soooo sorry... he must have felt so loved with all the effort and care... and I imagine it had to have left a huge hole in your life as well as your heart... all the routines suddenly gone... my whole morning routine was centered around Buster... this evening, I went to get the bottled water to fill his water dish...