Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > General

Notices

Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #31
XPEHBAM
Фиг вам еще разик

Motorcycles: '17 Ninja1K, '17 FZ-10
Name:
Connie,

Einstein's take on death might make you feel better: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/512...world-a-little

basically: past, present, and future are all an illusion. it's all "now", all of it, simultaneously. so birth and death are the starting and ending points of one's existence in spacetime, but between those points you're eternal.

in other words, your pup is still out there somewhere in spacetime Buster'ing around. and he will always be.
XPEHBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #32
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEHBAM View Post
Connie,

Einstein's take on death might make you feel better: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/512...world-a-little

basically: past, present, and future are all an illusion. it's all "now", all of it, simultaneously. so birth and death are the starting and ending points of one's existence in spacetime, but between those points you're eternal.

in other words, your pup is still out there somewhere in spacetime Buster'ing around. and he will always be.
Thank you... a friend of mine likes to say that death is just a change of address...
I just miss being able to hold him...

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #33
gpracerman
Rookie

Motorcycles: gsxr 1000 04
Name:
ATTN.ALL BARF, CONNIE GIXXERGIRL ..

thanks you all for helping Connie get through her loss of buster her dog passing this past weekend. She's been there for me as a good long time friend.all of barf members are showing there support and
love ..lets keep the support coming.. she is far from out of the woods with buster beening gone.lets all IM her with are support and love.she is devastated and major going through it.lets show her are love for her by IM or text or calls.... she needs us.thanks you all barf members.carlos
gpracerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #34
two wheel tramp
exploring!

AMA #2771957
Rally Junkie who needs another fix
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + + + + + 3% + GOP
Roadside Angel Alumni

Motorcycles: '03 DR650, 09 DR650 w/ RMZ450 front end, 2009 FZ1, 2019 KTM 790 ADV S
Name: Triple R
Losing a dog sucks!!!

RIP Buster. You were a good boy.
i don't get lost. i explore alternative destinations.
IBA #66001

R3 alone
two wheel tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #35
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Motorcycles: the red witch
Name:
am so sorry for your pain babe, and wish i could hold you and comfort you. but please donít despair. this is a transition - from him living in your physical world, to him living in your heart. heís no less with you. heís safe now and forever. as youíve always kept him. itís who you are, and how you touch every life privileged enough to feel the warmth of your embrace and your beautiful, caring and uplifting spirit. few experience a mother so fierce. your love is a force of nature. as are you.

for your pain...

youtu.be/ReIBqk_ldbk

for you and our darling trix...

youtu.be/ZfS6Nl962Qg
Old 08-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #36
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracerman View Post
thanks you all for helping Connie get through her loss of buster her dog passing this past weekend. She's been there for me as a good long time friend.all of barf members are showing there support and
love ..lets keep the support coming.. she is far from out of the woods with buster beening gone.lets all IM her with are support and love.she is devastated and major going through it.lets show her are love for her by IM or text or calls.... she needs us.thanks you all barf members.carlos
Carlos, thank you for all the support, for checking in and making sure I'm OK, and for your incredible generosity in covering Buster's final expenses... I'm so grateful that he'll be coming home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by two wheel tramp View Post
Losing a dog sucks!!!

RIP Buster. You were a good boy.
He was a good boy indeed... he showed up and put in work for 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeast View Post
am so sorry for your pain babe, and wish i could hold you and comfort you. but please donít despair. this is a transition - from him living in your physical world, to him living in your heart. heís no less with you. heís safe now and forever. as youíve always kept him. itís who you are, and how you touch every life privileged enough to feel the warmth of your embrace and your beautiful, caring and uplifting spirit. few experience a mother so fierce. your love is a force of nature. as are you.

for your pain...

youtu.be/ReIBqk_ldbk

for you and our darling trix...

youtu.be/ZfS6Nl962Qg
Thank you, so much LB... I'm missing him terribly. I hope he's with Danni... he loved her...
Thank you for the music... I'd never heard either song.

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Old 08-24-2020, 11:00 PM   #37
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Motorcycles: the red witch
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxergirl1000 View Post
I hope he's with Danni... he loved her...
we all loved her. and you know he is. you know she was waiting for him. i imagine him running into her outstretched arms, and her hugging him and whispering into his ear Ďiíve missed you so muchí. sheíll take good care of him for you until you see them both again.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:29 AM   #38
lefty
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor+++

Motorcycles: '05 ZRX1200
Name: Ed
Connie-

I am soooo sorry for your loss. I know that it is devastating. I got a wonderful piece of advice about 10 years ago when my beloved dog died; "He was always sad whenever you left for work, because he wanted to be with you. Now, he will never be apart from you and he is happy"

10 years ago, I waited 3 weeks after Diablo passed, to go and adopt Hank from the San Jose Animal Shelter. After Kona passed on a Thursday night in January of '19, I drove to the Salinas Animal Shelter to adopt Mabel the very next morning!!!

My advice- Go and adopt another one. Your boy would not want you to be sad.

Honorary Member of the TMU (Trouble Makers Union) local 650.

I LOVE DOGS!!!!!
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #39
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeast View Post
we all loved her. and you know he is. you know she was waiting for him. i imagine him running into her outstretched arms, and her hugging him and whispering into his ear Ďiíve missed you so muchí. sheíll take good care of him for you until you see them both again.
Just completely lost it at my desk. I could hear her voice saying that.
Missing them both so much, but the idea of him running to his Auntie Danni and her scooping him up and cuddling him like she used to is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Connie-

I am soooo sorry for your loss. I know that it is devastating. I got a wonderful piece of advice about 10 years ago when my beloved dog died; "He was always sad whenever you left for work, because he wanted to be with you. Now, he will never be apart from you and he is happy"

10 years ago, I waited 3 weeks after Diablo passed, to go and adopt Hank from the San Jose Animal Shelter. After Kona passed on a Thursday night in January of '19, I drove to the Salinas Animal Shelter to adopt Mabel the very next morning!!!

My advice- Go and adopt another one. Your boy would not want you to be sad.
I won't be getting another dog. Several people have suggested that, but it's not an option. It took years after my Cocker Spaniel passed before I brought Buster home.
His little paws had shoes so big no other dog could come close to filling them...

Old 08-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #40
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

I truly appreciate all the support and kind words.
You all don't know how much it's helped, and how badly it was needed...

Little man... my Bubbalou...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buster 3 pic.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	536625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buster 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	536626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buster 4.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	536627  

Last edited by Gixxergirl1000; 08-25-2020 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #41
Snapping Twig
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2012 BMW R1200R
Name: Greg
Connie, we lost our good boy Felix (doberman Shepard rescue) in '06. Devastating.

I went to the pound right away, met many which helped ease the pain. Two weeks later I brought home Kayla (pit bull) which my wife had said NO to a pit bull.

She was our little princess, best ever little buddy and a good girl from day one.

We lost her in Dec '18 after almost 13 years. I held her in my arms as she passed. I cry as I write this.

Lorena didn't want another dog, but I needed another. Needed.

After a month, she relented, so we went to the pound and got a little pit that was found roaming the streets, discarded from a breeding thing. She was skin and bone, scared, etc.

Had her just over a year, she's still not "normal", but she loves us and whatever abuses she had endured, and I am sure they are many, she now has a family that loves her and she shows us a bit more love every day.

I long for Felix and Kayla, but I have a dog to hug that has a sweet disposition, loves everyone and is being cured from her distrust by our love. She has the potential to be a best ever dog.

Don't deny yourself.

You'll give a worthy soul a home and love.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #42
lefty
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor+++

Motorcycles: '05 ZRX1200
Name: Ed
Connie-

I agree with Snapping Twig- (damn!! I'm crying now). They can NEVER replace the ones you've lost, but they can fill the hole in your heart.

I swear that my two dogs (That I adopted after the others passed) KNOW that I needed love and had a broken heart. They both have been BEYOND loving since day 1. Don't deny yourself.

Honorary Member of the TMU (Trouble Makers Union) local 650.

I LOVE DOGS!!!!!
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #43
redtail
only ones and zeroes

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: <LIFE><! Ride until..></LIFE>
Name: Jon
I'm so sorry for your loss. A dog is our unconditional friend, their companionship leaves hole in our heart when they pass. Take the time to remember the good times!

Take care Connie....
redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #44
Melissa
Peace,Love and Harmony

BARFie Winner '06
Founding Member
Contributor +++++++++

Motorcycles: sold all of my Honda's
Name:
hoping that your heart heals and still holds a place for the Pocket Dog. What a lucky dog he was!
Old 08-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #45
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapping Twig View Post
Connie, we lost our good boy Felix (doberman Shepard rescue) in '06. Devastating.

I went to the pound right away, met many which helped ease the pain. Two weeks later I brought home Kayla (pit bull) which my wife had said NO to a pit bull.

She was our little princess, best ever little buddy and a good girl from day one.

We lost her in Dec '18 after almost 13 years. I held her in my arms as she passed. I cry as I write this.

Lorena didn't want another dog, but I needed another. Needed.

After a month, she relented, so we went to the pound and got a little pit that was found roaming the streets, discarded from a breeding thing. She was skin and bone, scared, etc.

Had her just over a year, she's still not "normal", but she loves us and whatever abuses she had endured, and I am sure they are many, she now has a family that loves her and she shows us a bit more love every day.

I long for Felix and Kayla, but I have a dog to hug that has a sweet disposition, loves everyone and is being cured from her distrust by our love. She has the potential to be a best ever dog.

Don't deny yourself.

You'll give a worthy soul a home and love.
I'm so sorry you lost Kayla (and of course Felix)... didn't I get to meet her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Connie-

I agree with Snapping Twig- (damn!! I'm crying now). They can NEVER replace the ones you've lost, but they can fill the hole in your heart.

I swear that my two dogs (That I adopted after the others passed) KNOW that I needed love and had a broken heart. They both have been BEYOND loving since day 1. Don't deny yourself.
It's amazing to me how such a little dog left such a huge hole in my life. The house is silent as the tomb when I come home from work now... but even when he was asleep, he was still a presence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. A dog is our unconditional friend, their companionship leaves hole in our heart when they pass. Take the time to remember the good times!

Take care Connie....
Thanks Jon... hoping that the time I can think about all his adorableness without crying gets here soon.
I've got some microwave popcorn that I won't be able to eat now... he didn't really get people food, but popcorn would magically appear when he wasn't looking, and as deaf as he was the last couple of years, he sure could hear popcorn popping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
hoping that your heart heals and still holds a place for the Pocket Dog. What a lucky dog he was!
Thank you, Melissa... the Pocketdog will always be in my heart... someone said something to me earlier this week about a "soul animal"... like the animal version of a soulmate. Buster was it... I've had other dogs, and 2 horses that were my absolute babies... but Buster was Next Level Fam.