Barfie Winner 2007 & 2017
Contributor ++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++ BB
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: 1969 Honda CT90, 2008 KTM SuperDuke 990
Name: o_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxergirl1000 View Post

I won't be getting another dog.
That might not be up to you. We don't know what the future holds.

I said the same thing after I said goodbye to Chopper but now I has a Gambit.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'. ― Issac Asimov

This entire forum needs sumo suit wrestling and or psychedelics. ― Mike95060

stickers are very very important ― stangmx13
SuperMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #47
PorradaVFR
The Temptations of Christ

Motorcycles: 2004 Honda VFR 800A, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S (sold), 2004 Honda VFR 800 (RIP) :(
Name:
Connie,

While I donít know you personally youíve always been a source of support and kindness to this community and Iím terribly sorry to hear that you lost your furry companion. Itís so hard to lose them, but such a joy to share in their lives. I wish you peace, youíre a kind soul and are not alone in this. *hug*

"I don't think anyone should ever take my advice." - KILLAKEYES
================================
Witty comment. [citation needed]
================================
PorradaVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:06 PM   #48
littlebeast
get it while it's easy

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++++!

Motorcycles: the red witch
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike View Post

so true. weíve never found them, they always find us. and often when we least expect it. itís uncanny. they just seem to be there when you need them the most.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:30 AM   #49
G.R.
Rider

Founding Member

Motorcycles: Sport, and anything I can test/demo Ride !
Name: G.R.
Friends that are gone .

I know what you are going through Connie ,

5 years I lost my beloved dog of 14 years .

It takes a while to get over the sadness , in my case more than a year of sadness .

The Sadness will turn into a sense of gratitude after a long while .

I have not been visiting BARF until recently ,
Danni is gone ? is that the Danni that lives/lived just to the West of Davis
who ownes/owned Horse Stables on her property ?

Last edited by G.R.; 08-29-2020 at 05:58 AM..
G.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #50
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike View Post

Emotionally, couldn't handle it... and there are places I've wanted to visit, to fly to or drive to, and couldn't, first because crippled, and second because Buster was old and needed a fair amount of tending... so now that I have legs that work, and no responsibilities here at the house, it's my chance to go do things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorradaVFR View Post
Connie,

While I donít know you personally youíve always been a source of support and kindness to this community and Iím terribly sorry to hear that you lost your furry companion. Itís so hard to lose them, but such a joy to share in their lives. I wish you peace, youíre a kind soul and are not alone in this. *hug*
Thank you, so very much... I know I haven't been on teh BARFs for a long time, but I'm so humbled and so comforted from the amount of support and care I'm finding here... it's like the BARF of olde...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R. View Post
I know what you are going through Connie ,

5 years I lost my beloved dog of 14 years .

It takes a while to get over the sadness , in my case more than a year of sadness .

The Sadness will turn into a sense of gratitude after a long while .

I have not been visiting BARF until recently ,
Danni is gone ? is that the Danni that lives/lived just to the West of Davis
who ownes/owned Horse Stables on her property ?
I'm sorry you lost your fur-kid... it's so very hard...

The Dani you're thinking of is Horsepower, and she's doing well, the last I heard.
The Danni I was referring to was my best friend, her screen name here was idontdotrix. She was from the Sac area, and after she and Racercosmo got married (I was the minister who married them) they moved across the country and she stopped playing on BARF (busy doing the wife/mom deal and basically running a farm out there).

Berto (Holeshot) told me something I found some comfort in... the years of unconditional love weren't free... we pay for them in the grief we feel when they pass... Buster was the best dog ever, and my only family for 16 years... he's worth the grief I'm feeling. Little man earned it...

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #51
fuldog
Veteran

Motorcycles: vfr's, F4i, Kaw. kdx
Name: Gary
While I never met you personally, Your kind efforts towards others in the BARF speak volumes about you. I'm sorry for your loss but take solace in the old adage that time heals all sorrow.
fuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:24 PM   #52
CBR Warrior
Chocolate Face~~

Contributor +

Motorcycles: All sold
Name: Tanya~~~
I send my Condolences Connie. Rest in Peace Buster~

HoHo~~

MikeV4MOD~
CBR Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #53
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuldog View Post
While I never met you personally, Your kind efforts towards others in the BARF speak volumes about you. I'm sorry for your loss but take solace in the old adage that time heals all sorrow.
Thank you so much... eventually memories of him and all his silliness and playfulness will bring smiles... it's just hard right now is all... he always woke me up by about 7:30 on Saturday mornings... my choices were get up and feed him, or bring him up on the bed to play. I woke up this morning about 8am, and first thing I did was wonder where he was, and why he'd let me sleep in... and then I remembered...
This is the sucky part of having an awesome fur-kid for a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Warrior View Post
I send my Condolences Connie. Rest in Peace Buster~
Thank you so much Tanya... miss you... hope all is going really well with you.
If you're ever out towards the Stockton area, let me know, I'd love to see you again...

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Danni "idontdotrix" Romeo 2/17/20 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13 Buster the Pocketdog 8/22/20
Old 08-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #54
Holeshot
Super Moderator

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor / Barf Racer
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Connie, I'm glad you found someone who found you too. I'll be crying to you when my Zarra goes too. But, I have remind you; our entire purpose here is about the relationships we have....all things with heartbeats, big and little.

Glad to call you friend. Very glad.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:39 AM   #55
lefty
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor+++

Motorcycles: '05 ZRX1200
Name: Ed
I've got nothing new to add, but I'm just blown away at the beauty of all these posts. Some of them are down right poetic. That statement from Holeshot about them not being free,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW!!!

Connie- You are truly loved.

Honorary Member of the TMU (Trouble Makers Union) local 650.

I LOVE DOGS!!!!!
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #56
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 09' FZ1 - 17' FZ10 Street/ Trackdays
Name:
Animals in general are the best gift this world gave us

Connie,

I just went through this with my little Pomeranian Kody Bear. The pain fades with each passing day, but I never forget him and I'll always cry from time to time, but it's different now. I don't come home and feel the way I did right after he passed. You will at some point begin to find peace, but he'll always be in your heart and thoughts. I carry his dog tags in my pocket everyday. My great friend who's over 70 years old and races in the AHRMA series has some crazy machining skills and I'm having him make me a special front master cylinder cap that will hold Kody's ashes. I haven't decided on the final design with him, but I have numerous ideas. I'll have it engraved etc. I'm also putting a patch or some stitching on my leathers etc. I will probably have some stickers made too. Hang in there Connie...time will heal your heart.

~Mike

RIP Kody...truly the best dog...missing my little buddy.
God Speed Nicky #69...we'll miss you.
RIP Eric...my little brother 1964-2019

[B]09' Yamaha FZ1 (Trusty Mines Rd Steed) - Yamaha 17' FZ10 - Latest Mines Rd Ripper.
FZ1MinesRdRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #57
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

BARFIE winner 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Connie, I'm glad you found someone who found you too. I'll be crying to you when my Zarra goes too. But, I have remind you; our entire purpose here is about the relationships we have....all things with heartbeats, big and little.

Glad to call you friend. Very glad.
Berto... when Zarra's time comes (and I hope it's years from now!!), brother please know that I'll be at your side to cry with you...
So grateful for your friendship, and the incredible words of wisdom you gave me when I was at my lowest that helped ease the pain... <3

And also so grateful that you haven't held against me the first thing I ever said to you when we met in the tech line for the Z2 track day at T-Hill... #nofilter #imadumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I've got nothing new to add, but I'm just blown away at the beauty of all these posts. Some of them are down right poetic. That statement from Holeshot about them not being free,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOW!!!

I'm so touched, and so grateful, from all the support... honestly, it takes me back to teh BARFs of Olde... it feels a lot like putting on an old hoodie that's all fuzzy and the zipper is kinda janky, but it's warm, broken in, and familiar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1MinesRdRipper View Post
Connie,

I just went through this with my little Pomeranian Kody Bear. The pain fades with each passing day, but I never forget him and I'll always cry from time to time, but it's different now. I don't come home and feel the way I did right after he passed. You will at some point begin to find peace, but he'll always be in your heart and thoughts. I carry his dog tags in my pocket everyday. My great friend who's over 70 years old and races in the AHRMA series has some crazy machining skills and I'm having him make me a special front master cylinder cap that will hold Kody's ashes. I haven't decided on the final design with him, but I have numerous ideas. I'll have it engraved etc. I'm also putting a patch or some stitching on my leathers etc. I will probably have some stickers made too. Hang in there Connie...time will heal your heart.

~Mike
Mike... I'm so sorry you lost your Kody Bear... and yeah, it's hard being in the house... I get caught up in doing chores, and late in the afternoon I find myself feeling anxious, and can't figure out why... then realize it's because it's past Buster's dinner time, and I "forgot" to feed him... I was cooking broccoli last night, and a piece dropped on the floor... Buster loved broccoli, and I waited a moment because I was expecting him to pounce on it... but he didn't...
I'll be able to pick up his ashes on the 10th, and then he'll come home.
I really miss his company, and all his little quirks...
Looking forward to the time when the memories make me smile instead of cry.

I'd really love to see what you end up having fabricated for your bike... that's pretty damn cool...

Old 09-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #58
gixxerjeff
Dogs best friend

Motorcycles: Some fast ones and some dirty ones.
Name: Derp
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

^^^
This.
All of it.

You must be fast because I was hauling ass when I passed you.

Rich Cox
I miss you Rich.
gixxerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #59
DReg350
Mike

AMA #3283440
Just Another Rider
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++++++GOPx2

Motorcycles: A bike a Mike would ride.
Name: Mike
Hey Connie, Wanted to check in on you and let you know that I'm still thinking of you. My pup's paw print showed up last weekend. Thinking of making a memorial out of it like I did for my last pup. Hope you're beginning to heal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muddy Buddy (2) (Small).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	536914  
Old 09-02-2020, 05:29 PM   #60
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor+++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ +++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Connie, I've been away from internetz but I love you. I was so sad to hear of Buster's passing. I know he is everywhere, in your heart, in your heart, on your chair (in spirit) tossing his little toy demanding you play.
Thank you for allowin me a day with the 2 of you, I know just how special he was.
He deserves your grief and he earned your tears. They are family and it is a true punch in the gut when their time comes.
PETS BEING ASSHOLES
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyf View Post
DMV test is not there to teach or prove you can ride the bike, it is there to prove that you can control the bike.
HOHO
Melissa"everyone does have issues, it is what makes us all so very interesting. Psychoanalysis however could be left to the professionals."
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote