Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner

Old 04-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #16
bubbafan80

Motorcycles: KX250
Name:
mx bikes are not part of that right? i pay $25 a year and thats it.
bubbafan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #17
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by bubbafan80
mx bikes are not part of that right? i pay $25 a year and thats it.
No, doesnt apply to OHV's

Off road reg is for two years
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #18
CHAMPIONR6
Wildcard Motorsports

Founding Member

Motorcycles: Just depends
Name: Mark
dito ! thats all I do

Quote:
Originally posted by tritiumracing
Got two words for ya'll: "enclosed trailer".
916-652-5333
wildcardmotorsports916@yahoo.com
Parts:Harleys , Streetbikes & Dirtbikes
CHAMPIONR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #19
Kensaku
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: I quit
Name:
So can anyone confirm that PNO is annual or a one-time fee. I am getting mixed responses here.
Kensaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 AM   #20
2shott
speed racer

Location: Fairfax@the base of Fairfax-Bolinas Rd./Infineon West
Motorcycles: 2003 Kawasaki 636 racebike SOLD, 1996 Ninja 250 racebike SOLD, 1998 Honda CBR600F3 SOLD
Name: Lenny
I have a truck that I 've had since '94 and has been non'opped for three years. Once the $15 is paid then every year the DMV sends you a notice saying that if you want to reg your vehicle you will need smog, proof of ins. and back fees, and then at the bottom it says that if this vehicle is still non op then no money is due and no action is needed.
2shott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 AM   #21
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
Tehnically, all vehicles have to have some sort of permit to be transported on a public hiway, enclosed trailer or not.

It will really depend on the officer that decideds to stop you.

PNO is a one time fee, as is a transport permit.
A transport permit is NOT a PNO.

A transport permit will allow you to non-op your reg (now no need for insurance, etc) and still allow you to transport the bike without issue. It does not allow you to ride it on the road, just transport it.

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #22
t.tinyo
Veteran

Motorcycles: MV,Match,BlackBomber,RZ350
Name: Rafael
Junked bike?

I have an EX250 track bike that is listed as junked.Does any one know if its very difficult to get a salvage title for it ?Forgive me if I hijacked your thread.
t.tinyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #23
kabazauls
Veteran

Motorcycles: .
Name:
The non-ops I've ever had were a one time fee. I don't know any thing about the transportation thing though.
kabazauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
kirkmoon
Rookie

Motorcycles: '05 GS1200, '05 GSXR 1000,'07 990 Super Duke, '70 Bonneville
Name:
Wanted to say thanks for posting this stuff. I bought an already race converted SV650 with a Texas title a while back. A string of several prior owners had not gone to the trouble of transferring the title, so when I bought it the title was several people removed from the original owner. No odometer. No EPA sticker. No street legal stuff on the bike. Could have been ugly.

I showed them a printout of this thread and everything went perfectly. I got a new California Title in my name and also got the Transport Permit - no one had heard of it and they had to go in the back and find a dusty old collection of these things. They insisted that I do a PNO, but I didn't mind. It was only a one time fee of $15 and it didn't seem as though it was worth arguing about. The Transport Permit was another one time fee of $15 (the sticker they gave me looked like it was 20 years old and still said $3 on it.)

Thanks again. Super helpful. Wouldn't have tried it without this info.
kirkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:44 AM   #25
rxrated
Rookie

Motorcycles: / 01 zrx1200
Name:
Sticker location..

This sounds like the correct rte for sure..So where did they suggest placing the sticker?? WHere on the BIKE ?
rxrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
Red6Rdr
Dude

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2009 sv650s
Name:
bump
Red6Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #27
kirkmoon
Rookie

Motorcycles: '05 GS1200, '05 GSXR 1000,'07 990 Super Duke, '70 Bonneville
Name:
Re: Sticker location..

Quote:
Originally posted by rxrated
This sounds like the correct rte for sure..So where did they suggest placing the sticker?? WHere on the BIKE ?
The DMV folks didn't even know these stickers existed and I didn't ask them where to put it on the bike when I was there, but I doubt that they would have had a knowledgeable answer for me.

I ended up putting it on the left hand frame under the race bodywork. In that location it didn't stick out visually but you could see it if you wanted to point it out to someone.
kirkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #28
tiltedworld
Got tilt?

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: SF848
Name: Brendan
I just went through this with the DMV. Good thing I was prepared to be there a while and stayed in a pleasant mood/demeanor for the 1.5 hours it took them to figure it out with Sacramento.

The fee HAS gone up from $3 to $16 and is still one time. They will give you a transport decal for the bike right then and there, so hopefully Sacramento won't hassle me.

The DMV supervisor I dealt with was intrigued by something she never knew about and was actually helpful. She did give me copies of the infamous "Form 712" needed to register a race bike, so if anyone needs a copy, let me know and I'll fax it to you.

It's all about motorbikes...always has been...always will be - Ewan McGregor
If everything seems under control...you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws. -Amschel Mayer Rothschild, banker (1743-1812)
Life is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing At All - Helen Keller
tiltedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #29
DucatiHoney
Ride only user

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
Awesome thread, y'all. I just bought an ex-race bike for the track and I wanted to get my paperwork in order. The DMV gal was at first annoyed...she left and returned with two supervisors. We didn't get off on the right foot because she didn't understand what I was in there for. My appointment said "Transfer of Title" and when I didn't fall exactly into that category it apparently messed up her day. I whipped out the vehicle code for which links were provided and it was a slam-dunk case. She flipped through a bunch of books, typed in a few codes and we were done. I paid my $16 for the permit and a few extra bucks to transfer the title into my name. They told me not to bother putting the sticker on but to keep it with my paperwork. It took me about 45 minutes to get it all straightened out, but not too bad overall. When I left, the DMV lady said, "Thanks for challenging us! That was fun!"

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #30
JimE
Rider

AMA #: 3188342
Contributor ++ 5%

Motorcycles: '06 S2R1k, '05 DRZ400S/SM, '98 DR350s, '10 R1200GS, '09 F800GS
Name: Jim
What about the purpose built track only bikes like the Honda, Yamaha and Aprilia 125's and 250's? They come with no title and a rather wacky VIN. Most available are used and typically things like a bill of sale are never made out due to the lack of a title or registration (much less lights, signals, battery or starter!). I've never seen one with any kind of sticker or paperwork so far in 6 years of racing a 125. Any ideas?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote