Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #61
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

Motorcycles: R4/R6
Name: Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
have you seen any guys get this done to a 13+ zx6r? or will i have to figure everything out on my own?
Shouldn't be that much different. The goal is to put on a dummy injector for one cylinder so it isn't getting fuel. Some starting questions:

Does it have shower injectors?

Does it have one shower injector per cylinder?

What happens when you pull an injector. Does it throw a code?

There are some of us who like to tinker with these mods and I am sure someone would be happy to help.
AFM #49 / WERA #707 / MA #707
Thank you to my 2018 Sponsors.

Serious RnD, Dave Moss Tuning, Yoshimura R&D, Bazzaz, XT Racing, Sunstar Sprockets & Chains, Shorai Batteries, Woodcraft, VNM Sport Gear, Zero Gravity
MZarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 AM   #62
uncle_nospeed
Rookie

Motorcycles: Taysia - 12' Aprilia Tuono, GiGi - 08' Suzuki GSX-R 600 (Track)
Name: Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeranger View Post
Are you going to be racing this season?
Not this season, when I get back I plan on practicing for the remainder of the year. Then try for the 2018 season :
uncle_nospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:40 AM   #63
ircsmith
Veteran

Motorcycles: Ulysses, GSXR450, RVF428, RVF400, GoPed strung out on Lithium
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_nospeed View Post
Not this season, when I get back I plan on practicing for the remainder of the year. Then try for the 2018 season :
no better practice than doing a race! come join the fun.
Evolution MotorcyclesAmsoil

and the great deals from ,Motion Pro, Motomummy, For the Track
ircsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #64
ircsmith
Veteran

Name:
Marcus you are waaaay off base here! there is no way in hell those trophies are worth $5

Old 03-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #65
Stalerice
AFM #828

Motorcycles: 08 Honda CBR600rr
Name: Nick
Buttonwillow roll call. I'll be debuting my CBR450rr Round 1. Who else is showing up? Weather looks to be warm.

Nick

2008 Honda 600rr
AFM:#828

Thank you to all of my sponsors:

Serious RnD,AMSoil,CT Racing, Mach 1 Motorsports, Forcefield body armor, GoPro, PJ1 lubrications.
Stalerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #66
ACA
Veteran

AMA #600767
Contributor ++++++++++++++++++++++++!++++3%

Motorcycles: FJ09, FZ1, R4.5, TE250, CRF250L, Ruckus!
Name: Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalerice View Post
Buttonwillow roll call. I'll be debuting my CBR450rr Round 1. Who else is showing up? Weather looks to be warm.

Nick
I'll be there!
AFM #510
ACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #67
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

I should be there on Friday. Will definitely be there Saturday and Sunday!

Serious RnD, Dave Moss Tuning, Yoshimura R&D, Bazzaz, XT Racing, Sunstar Sprockets & Chains, Shorai Batteries, Woodcraft, VNM Sport Gear, Zero Gravity
Old 03-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #68
FXCLM5
bombaclaud

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono V4, Grom
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Seems like a waste of a competitive machine.
well originally i met a guy @ a trackday and he said it was "in the works" that bikes will be able to be flashed from a 450/600 via ecu only. - like its already been done or something

afm tech would still need a physical disable per the rules, i understand that

but think of the day, you could have the ability to flash from 600/450 via a laptop in mins and have afm validate it via some technical led that displays what map its on.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #69
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
well originally i met a guy @ a trackday and he said it was "in the works" that bikes will be able to be flashed from a 450/600 via ecu only. - like its already been done or something

afm tech would still need a physical disable per the rules, i understand that

but think of the day, you could have the ability to flash from 600/450 via a laptop in mins and have afm validate it via some technical led that displays what map its on.
I seriously doubt we are ever going to see a software only option allowed in racing; whether it is AFM or another club. Just too easy to manipulate things at that level. Just imagine an ECU programmed to fire that fourth cylinder on every fourth rotation. Sounds like a 450 but ...

The better option, in my opinion, is a physical switch. Locate the switch under the tail or some other place that is not accessible while riding and bob's your uncle.

Undo your undertail, flip a switch and you are now a 600. Way easier than having to plug in a laptop to change the configuration inside of the ECU.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #70
scotinexcile
Veteran

Motorcycles: Street: 2017 R6, 1982 RD350LC
Name: Alan
It will always need to be a physical disablement

Just put one of these in line https://www.dimensionengineering.com...cts/picoswitch

Radio transmitter in the pits to turn it on and then off before you get back to the pits

You know someone is going to try it If someone thinks they can put a 750 motor in a 600 chassis and race it and not get caught!!!!!

Pain the exhaust header on the disabled cylinder with heat sensitive paint, check every 450 that comes off track after a race. Wrong color, DQ right away, banned for the rest of the season. Oh cant do that, the club would loose revenue, so probably a slap on the wrist and see you next round
scotinexcile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #71
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotinexcile View Post
Just put one of these in line https://www.dimensionengineering.com...cts/picoswitch

Radio transmitter in the pits to turn it on and then off before you get back to the pits

You know someone is going to try it If someone thinks they can put a 750 motor in a 600 chassis and race it and not get caught!!!!!

Pain the exhaust header on the disabled cylinder with heat sensitive paint, check every 450 that comes off track after a race. Wrong color, DQ right away, banned for the rest of the season. Oh cant do that, the club would loose revenue, so probably a slap on the wrist and see you next round
I remember some of the 750 in a 600 frame drama

The other racers will hear it and then the offender will have a LOT more to worry about than just getting a DQ

Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #72
ircsmith
Veteran

Name:
but I only have three header pipes coming out of my 450. now what ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotinexcile View Post

Old 03-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #73
jbawden
Rookie

Motorcycles: Suzuki's, KTM, a Beta!
Name: Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZarra View Post
I seriously doubt we are ever going to see a software only option allowed in racing; whether it is AFM or another club. Just too easy to manipulate things at that level. Just imagine an ECU programmed to fire that fourth cylinder on every fourth rotation. Sounds like a 450 but ...

The better option, in my opinion, is a physical switch. Locate the switch under the tail or some other place that is not accessible while riding and bob's your uncle.

Undo your undertail, flip a switch and you are now a 600. Way easier than having to plug in a laptop to change the configuration inside of the ECU.
Only problem is during the 30 minute protest period after the race how does tech verify the state of the bike during the race? Software, switch, and related makes it impossible to know. You would have to put all the 450's into some kind of parc ferme which would be impractical on a variety of levels.

It's not an indictment on the integrity of the 450 group to say a switch or software solution isn't acceptable, tech simply needs an indisputable method of verification like you would with measuring bore or stroke for instance.
jbawden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #74
ACA
Veteran

AMA #600767
Contributor ++++++++++++++++++++++++!++++3%

Motorcycles: FJ09, FZ1, R4.5, TE250, CRF250L, Ruckus!
Name: Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbawden View Post
Only problem is during the 30 minute protest period after the race how does tech verify the state of the bike during the race? Software, switch, and related makes it impossible to know. You would have to put all the 450's into some kind of parc ferme which would be impractical on a variety of levels.

It's not an indictment on the integrity of the 450 group to say a switch or software solution isn't acceptable, tech simply needs an indisputable method of verification like you would with measuring bore or stroke for instance.
Thanks for not indicting us! Regarding indisputable verification, you could always trace the wires if you really wanted to or check continuity at the injector. This would have to be done before the switch could be thrown, of course.

Regarding parc ferme, the same thing could be said for a lot of things that can happen in 30 minutes: swap wheels, swap master cylinder, swap forks, pull header tape, pull nitrous kit, remove rocket launcher.

I guess my point is that there are a lot of ways to cheat and they are not exclusive to this class or verifiable without immediate confiscation.
AFM #510
ACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #75
Shaggy
Zoinks!!!!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: are my drug
Name: .
Temp gun on the headers at track exit would be an easy way to verify, no? I've seen Tech do spot checks on master cylinders and other stuff upon track exit.