Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #46
Junico
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 1970 VW Beetle
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by motorman4life
Power moves?? Get a grip. We are members here, just like you.
Power moves? ROFLOL. A little paranoid 777?

Besides, we get that out of our system on the streets messing with stunters <grin>.

The other day, I took a police motorcycle in for repair and the tech took it for a road test and I could hear the siren 3 blocks away! When he got back, he was totally manic. He admitted he could not resist the "power" ..he was like, "Damn man, how do you control it?" I told him "..they beat it out of us at the academy, but seriously, any rush wears off after you realize it is a job. I try to treat people the way I would want to be treated." He said, "Now I know why the rookies are such d!cks.. man, I would be ruthless!" I answered, "That's why you are a mechanic and not a cop."
You've been on the forum for how long? And already you want to push someone elses creation around and make it your way? With all due respect, you need to check yourself and your power issues.

Now, I know that you mean well, and that it would be informational and possibly beneficial to others, but still, the way I've seen you project yourself on this board exuberates the typical bully, higher than thou, hyperextrovert, cop attitude.

Sorry man, that's just how I see it. I know I'll be on your shit list as another "person that doesn't understand what cops have to face every day". But I'm ok with that. How about sending SteveCo some money as a contribution to his site, I'm sure he'd be ok with that as well.
Junico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #47
01 929RR
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2001 929RR ERION(sold), 2001 EX250
Name:
Quote:
Now, I know that you mean well, and that it would be informational and possibly beneficial to others, but still, the way I've seen you project yourself on this board exuberates the typical bully, higher than thou, hyperextrovert, cop attitude.
I got that exact same vibe from this guy.

"Speed kills but you get there faster"
01 929RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #48
rumpofsteelskin
sensory overlord

Contributor

Motorcycles: '07 FZ1
Name: ******!
The best donut shop I've ever eaten at is Top Pot Donuts on Capitol Hill in Seattle. Nothing else even comes close.
rumpofsteelskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #49
faz
Sexiest Ex-Mod around!

BARF Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 07 zx14
Name: Faz
I just want to make sure I am not misunderstood: I am all for another forum for LEOs.

But, I understand that: The way it is right now, this is a motorcycling board with riders from various backgrounds, including LEOs. Having a LEO specific forum will be an official endorsement, a definite link between this site and local law enforcement agencies. This can be a good thing, for law abiding citizens like myself who can't pull a wheelie for the life of them, or their biggest crime is going 15 mph over the posted speed limit ... but it can be a deterrent for the rest of the "fun" loving community.

You can argue that it will be better that way, and I agree with you, but us agreeing on it or not may not serve the ultimate goal that the founder "may" have in mind.
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #50
Brash47
Brigand

Mod Alumni
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2013 Triumph Thruxton 900
Name:
Good point Faz.
As the creator of a thread that went mad....I'm piping in a little here. I would like to see a section where we could answer questions without you guys having to sift through countless pages of info before hand.

On the other hand....

If it is too much of a pain to create that section....then since I made the thread anyway....IM a changin the rules lol.

If you dont want to go through the thread looking to see if that question was asked, then dont....just ask the quest and we (meaning everyone that has been helping MUCH more than me lol) will be happy to answer that question again and again as it comes up. That was the idea I had in mind when I created that thread.

It doesn't matter how many times you ask the question...I don't care. It will get answered each time it's asked. I know some people will say...LOOK THROUGH THE POST FIRST!....but don't worry about. Someone will give you the answer you need.

In the end....this is a public motorcycle forum. I like to help out when I can...but this is not a police board. I live by advice I was given as a youth and in the Marines....KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid...so whatever is easier for the people that run this site to do...is what we should do.

brash

So, either way, we will provide info when you need it. We will do the best we can, but remember, it still is based off training and experience....so you might get 2 answers...

Last edited by Brash47; 05-10-2005 at 10:28 AM..
Brash47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #51
motorman4life
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Barfie Winner 06
Contributor

Motorcycles: WORK: Kawasaki KZ1000P & '07 H-D Road King. PLAY: '07 Honda GL1800 & '88 Kawasaki KX600 Ninja
Name: MM4L
Quote:
Originally posted by Junico
You've been on the forum for how long? And already you want to push someone elses creation around and make it your way? With all due respect, you need to check yourself and your power issues.

Sorry man, that's just how I see it. I know I'll be on your shit list as another "person that doesn't understand what cops have to face every day". But I'm ok with that. How about sending SteveCo some money as a contribution to his site, I'm sure he'd be ok with that as well.
How long I've been lurking here and how long I have been posting under one ID or another is totally irrelevant. If it is your position that you have to rack up 800 posts on one user ID before you can contribute anything worthwhile or simply ask for a positive change in the “creation” to make it more user- friendly, then you are a sadly mistaken.

I’m not sure what “power issues” you are taking issue with.. as I have stated in the past, I am just another BARFer here. As to how I have “projected” myself here on the board.. If you cannot tell when I’m joking with someone on the board and when I am not, that’s your problem. I have been posing here since November 2002 under 2 other IDs. I guess now that I’ve “outed” myself as a cop with this new ID, all of the sudden <gasp > I’m a bully, hyper-extrovert a$$hole cop.. it seems to me you have a problem with cops, because you never had a problem with me before, ol’ buddy.

If you know for a fact that many other people (contributors and non-contributors alike) have been asking for a LEO forum for a long time and you agree that I "mean well" (and that it would be both informational and beneficial to others, etc..) that what in the hell are you griping about?

BTW, I don’t give a crap if you don’t understand what I deal with every day.. I never asked you or anyone else to understand me or sympathize with my “plight.”

REALITY CHECK: It’s a friggin’ job dude. I am NOT my job and my job is NOT me. If you want to see me thorough some naïve or ignorant stereotype, that’s fine. But, don’t assume that is right. For one, you don’t even know if I REALLY am a cop, just that I have insinuated that I am.

Brash started a thread that was made sticky and has racked up what?? ..almost 2000 posts in about 2 weeks. Seems pretty damned popular. I was just asking for a place to help out BARFers.. offering them advice, expertise and insight into pending and current laws, enforcement activities, policies, trends and attitudes among LEOs and how they may impact motorcyclists.. excuse the hell out of me for asking/offering. I’m all for giving Steve and his moderator staff their due.. but, “forums cost money” is a cop out (pun intended).

Faz wrote, “..Having a LEO specific forum will be an official endorsement, a definite link between this site and local law enforcement agencies.” That would be like saying having a “Stunters Rock” forum is an official endorsement of stunting. It is really just a place for stunters to communicate/brag and people to contact stunters to ask them questions about stunting. What is wrong with giving equal time to the law-and-order crowd?

Lastly, I agree with Brash: “In the end....this is a public motorcycle forum. I like to help out when I can...but this is not a police board.” Amen Brash.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others." -MM4L
"This ain't rocket science people. A little common sense goes a long way." -MM4L
"Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" - George Carlin (RIP 2008)
motorman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #52
faz
Sexiest Ex-Mod around!

BARF Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor + +

Motorcycles: 07 zx14
Name: Faz
Quote:

Faz wrote, “..Having a LEO specific forum will be an official endorsement, a definite link between this site and local law enforcement agencies.” That would be like saying having a “Stunters Rock” forum is an official endorsement of stunting. It is really just a place for stunters to communicate/brag and people to contact stunters to ask them questions about stunting. What is wrong with giving equal time to the law-and-order crowd?

Lastly, I agree with Brash: “In the end....this is a public motorcycle forum. I like to help out when I can...but this is not a police board.” Amen Brash.
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. And as I said, (and I knew my comments would be misunderstood), I am all for it, for a simple fact that it will allow me to do a useful search on a subject (vs. now that a search points me to the 2000 post thread... pretty useless.) But , I understand that stunting, racing, sport touring, dirt biking, are all part of motorcycling, while LEO related issues/questions are mostly NOT motorcycle related. Yes, we can all benefit from it, the same way we could benefit from a cooking forum, a relationship forum, a parenthood forum, and ...

Again, simply due to the nature of the search function on this site, I am all for having a searchable forum for LEO/Motorcycle related issues, but I can understand why it "may" not be in line with the overall direction of this site.

BTW, just to clarify, I regularly go to General, Photos, Garage (sometimes), Classifieds (bikes and sometimes auto), and Kitchen sink. An LEO forum would definitely be on my list of forums to check on a daily basis.

Brash, as always, deserves a

Last edited by faz; 05-10-2005 at 11:31 PM..
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #53
twisted TLR
Veteran

Motorcycles: '02 Suzuki TLR 1000
Name:
Hi boyz and girls! Just passing through... And of course.. "No contacts.. NO COMPLAINTS!" LOL
Old 05-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #54
Iszlandsnow
Break yourself

Motorcycles: TLR, YZ426F, HD-Road King
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by twisted TLR
Hi boyz and girls! Just passing through... And of course.. "No contacts.. NO COMPLAINTS!" LOL
Hahahaha...you mean "Practical not Tactical"

3% @ 50 here you come !

RIP Maico Buncio # 129
Iszlandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:57 AM   #55
Junico
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 1970 VW Beetle
Name:
Quote:
How long I've been lurking here and how long I have been posting under one ID or another is totally irrelevant. If it is your position that you have to rack up 800 posts on one user ID before you can contribute anything worthwhile or simply ask for a positive change in the “creation” to make it more user- friendly, then you are a sadly mistaken.

I’m not sure what “power issues” you are taking issue with.. as I have stated in the past, I am just another BARFer here. As to how I have “projected” myself here on the board.. If you cannot tell when I’m joking with someone on the board and when I am not, that’s your problem. I have been posing here since November 2002 under 2 other IDs. I guess now that I’ve “outed” myself as a cop with this new ID, all of the sudden <gasp > I’m a bully, hyper-extrovert a$$hole cop.. it seems to me you have a problem with cops, because you never had a problem with me before, ol’ buddy.

If you know for a fact that many other people (contributors and non-contributors alike) have been asking for a LEO forum for a long time and you agree that I "mean well" (and that it would be both informational and beneficial to others, etc..) that what in the hell are you griping about?

BTW, I don’t give a crap if you don’t understand what I deal with every day.. I never asked you or anyone else to understand me or sympathize with my “plight.”

REALITY CHECK: It’s a friggin’ job dude. I am NOT my job and my job is NOT me. If you want to see me thorough some naïve or ignorant stereotype, that’s fine. But, don’t assume that is right. For one, you don’t even know if I REALLY am a cop, just that I have insinuated that I am.

Brash started a thread that was made sticky and has racked up what?? ..almost 2000 posts in about 2 weeks. Seems pretty damned popular. I was just asking for a place to help out BARFers.. offering them advice, expertise and insight into pending and current laws, enforcement activities, policies, trends and attitudes among LEOs and how they may impact motorcyclists.. excuse the hell out of me for asking/offering. I’m all for giving Steve and his moderator staff their due.. but, “forums cost money” is a cop out (pun intended).

Whatever dude. If you've been "lurking" here since 2002 and only now decide this place could benefit with your origional LEO section, then maybe it is YOU that is sadly mistaken. Where was this good idea back then?

And second, why hide the fact that you're a cop for so long? Why pose as "just another member" all this time, then all of a sudden bust out with "I'm a cop, we need a cop thread, listen to me, my word is the law, gimme." Make a distinction here now. I'm not questioning your credentials, but rather your motives.

And to me, your motives seem more about self-gratification and dominance rather than helping. That's just my own opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

And yes, Amen to Brash. He is a true enthusiast outside his job. You want to talk about "I'm not the job and the job is not me", look no futher than Brash. I enjoy BS'ing with him and hearing his stories at the Monday meets we go to. It's good to see a guy who's proud of what he does yet is humble about it. By the way, what meets do you go to? Maybe I can come BS with you, and buy you a Jamaba Juice.

Anyway, I'm not going to bicker with you. I hope it works out and you do get what you're asking for. I think it would be informational and beneficial. Good luck.
Junico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:28 AM   #56
01 929RR
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2001 929RR ERION(sold), 2001 EX250
Name:
Sounds like you got multiple personalities.

"Speed kills but you get there faster"
01 929RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #57
SBrocker
Rookie

Motorcycles: Yes!
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Junico
Whatever dude. If you've been "lurking" here since 2002 and only now decide this place could benefit with your origional LEO section, then maybe it is YOU that is sadly mistaken. Where was this good idea back then?

And second, why hide the fact that you're a cop for so long? Why pose as "just another member" all this time, then all of a sudden bust out with "I'm a cop, we need a cop thread, listen to me, my word is the law, gimme." Make a distinction here now. I'm not questioning your credentials, but rather your motives.
He already stated he IS just another BARF member. If he had a non-cop id tag for a long time, is that posing? He made it clear that he has never stated he was a cop and obviously he is not officially representing his department or agency or whatever (if he is a cop).

Even you yourself said previously that a cop forum "would be informational and possibly beneficial to others." Now you are questioning his motives?

There has always been an obvious anti-cop bent here in BARF and I know there are guys here that are cops and they never let on. It is clear that since one simple thread has garnered more traffic than about 3/4 of the board (combined) in just 2 weeks that there is an obvious void here than needs to be filled.

I for one, don't know any cops and I would appreciate having a place to ask questions and get information from the professionals that are out there writing tickets and investigating the accidents. I agree with Motorman, there is a stunter forum here for all of the organ donors, why not have a place for the law-and-order crowd to get some equal time?

Maybe people here are too immature to figure out when someone is offering their help. If I were I cop, I'd stay stealth in BARF!!
SBrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #58
StuntrHuntr
Rookie

Motorcycles: Hondas, Suzuki, Kawasaki & H-D at work
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by SBrocker
Maybe people here are too immature to figure out when someone is offering their help. If I were I cop, I'd stay stealth in BARF!!
Amen! :tsc

I think Motorman just wants abuse being outspoken and offering his assistance here. Now you see why I just lurk and don't offer to help.

If you want advice, get a lawyer. If you have a CVC question, get a CVC or look online. Who has time to field questions from squids that know damned well when they are breaking the law and just don't want to own up to it?

I'm not sure what bothers you guys more, knowing cops are reading the forums or the possibilty that we might be human and not robots? "Oh, he was a really nice cop, he waived/smiled/nodded at me!" "Oh, he was a dick, he gave me a ticket for speeding!" Get a grip!

Motorman is right, it is just a job, not a species.
[Back into lurk mode]

Last edited by StuntrHuntr; 05-11-2005 at 09:30 AM..
StuntrHuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #59
*VillageIdiot*
"and a step to the right"

Motorcycles: .....................
Name:
I would be willing to chip in some extra dough to get a donut shop forum..

Furthermore I know personally there is four or five at times in the group I ride with here on BARF.

Finally I think the LEO's offer valuable advice, guidance and as well provide a good example for the other riders on this board.

Carry on Moto
*VillageIdiot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #60
*VillageIdiot*
"and a step to the right"

Motorcycles: .....................
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by 01 929RR
Sounds like you got multiple personalities.
???Pretty hard to shut off what you've seen and done. Hard enough to do that with the family when you get home much less when somebody harrasses you for providing the advice "they" asked for just because the individual only wants to hear something warm and fuzzy. It seems to me I live in a society of self absorbed professional victims who tend to want to throw blame everywhere rather than look in the mirror and see where the true problem lies. Motorman's inability to be politically correct is truely irrelevant to me, whether or not he is genuinely trying to assist this community is another. My theory is, "If you don't want the truth.....Dont ask".....

IMO
*VillageIdiot* is offline   Reply With Quote