Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
675 Trip
Veteran

Motorcycles: Daytona 675
Name: Eric
New AFM Rider Rep

Hi,

I am one of the new rider reps for the remainder of the year (filling in Michael Aron's position through december)

I will be on duty at the race July 10-11.

I have posted my contact info in the board communications section of the AFM Forums. If you are a racer/member and can't get to it, please PM me and I will get it to you.

I look forward to working with you the rest of the year.

2010 AFM Rider Rep and Director

Owner - Race-Oil.com - AFM Class Sponsor (2007, 2008, 2009) - Formula IV
Race-Oil.com features Amsoil synthetic lubricants. Order through catalog
AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, transmission fluid, gear lube, chain lube, DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid, Motorcycle Specific Products

Buy AMSOIL through Viets Performance- AFM General Products Vendor http://viets-performance.com
675 Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Mick-e
Ride, Race, Live

Motorcycles: EX650(race) - CCM Supermoto - XR50 - KTM SDR1290
Name:
Thanks for filling in Eric. I know Michael has been really busy with his business.
Can we announce it during the riders meeting?
Mick-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
675 Trip
Veteran

Announce what? New Rider Rep or Michael's Business? Probably the former, not sure about the latter.

I am trying to figure out what I can do to make sure people can reach me/find me if they need to.

I am also trying to get clear on some of the nuances of happenings at the track so I can help others be informed about the things that can affect them.

I had a friend tell me they went down to complain about another rider and was told they only had x minutes after the race to register a complaint and it was too late.

I am sure I will learn quite a bit at the july round as I will be at Start/Finish on the other side of the perspective and working with timing and scoring to see if we really can do hybrid grids without paying $$$$$$ to rewrite software.

AMSOIL synthetic motor oil, transmission fluid, gear lube, chain lube, DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid, Motorcycle Specific Products

Buy AMSOIL through Viets Performance- AFM General Products Vendor http://viets-performance.com
Old 07-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 675 Trip View Post
Announce what? New Rider Rep or Michael's Business? Probably the former, not sure about the latter.

I am trying to figure out what I can do to make sure people can reach me/find me if they need to.

I am also trying to get clear on some of the nuances of happenings at the track so I can help others be informed about the things that can affect them.

I had a friend tell me they went down to complain about another rider and was told they only had x minutes after the race to register a complaint and it was too late.

I am sure I will learn quite a bit at the july round as I will be at Start/Finish on the other side of the perspective and working with timing and scoring to see if we really can do hybrid grids without paying $$$$$$ to rewrite software.
Eric, I am planning on walking around a bit saturday and sunday to introduce myself as well. Might be good to grab Cassie and the three of us do it together?
I try to go over the nuances with the new racers that I mentor. I think it would help if the rider reps were formally intro'd at the riders meeting instead of just rasing their hands in the crowd.

If the "complaint" was a protest, then yes, you only have 1/2 hour after the end of the race to protest. If it was some other type of complaint, then I do not know that there is a time frame.

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
GPzPop
Ask me about my B-1-D

AMA #3295113
Contributor ++ 2%

Motorcycles: zzr & xsr
Name: Simon
can you point to where the election results are posted - i didnt see them on the afm site
GPzPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
675 Trip
Veteran

as soon as i get access to the forum backend, I will cleanup some of the board communication section.

in the meantime, the newest posts are under the old stickies.

http://www.afmracing.org/webforums/viewtopic.php?t=4744

Old 07-06-2010, 03:55 AM   #7
Corey
GPz550 Addict

Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV650 (Race Bike) '85 GPz550
Name: Corey
Congrats Eric! Way to step up and give back to the club. I'l see you Round 6 and 7.
AFM #44
Motion Pro, TWF Racing, CT Racing Pirelli, Fastline Cycles, Racer Gloves USA, Race Image Graphics, Galfer, CRS Tuning, TWELV51 Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Oxymoron, Dynojet, K&N, SPEEDMOB.
Mater: You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could speak to her.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote