Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++ GOP + AFM RR + 1%

Motorcycles: Sure
Name: J
Free track day with z2 for a n00b. -- ** Winners chosen **

Starting this year the z2 track day season pass holder's all get two (2) free (not for sale) spots for n00b riders. I have given it a lot of thought, and I can't think of a single friend of mine that fits the rules required to participate, so I have decided to throw them out to the Barf.

I could just hand them out the the first person that replies, but I thought it would be more fun to do a short essay from each qualified rider that would really like to get a chance to try the track out at little to no cost*.

Here is what you get if you win:

1) One full track day with z2 (you can pick the date)

2) You can pit with me (if you want, and I can attend the day you choose) I will have food, drinks, shade, tools, chairs, funny friends, and a willingness to talk you through some of the issues that arise during your day.

3) You will have one-on-one instruction from the amazing z2 staff while you are on track.

4) You will have 30 minute classes all day after your C group session with one of the greatest little teachers out there, Eric (KazMan). He will teach you sight lines, turn-in points, breaking markers, answer all your silly questions with a smile, teach you riding position, and become one of the best mentors one could ask for at the track.

5) You will find a new power, and comfort in riding on the street, and on the track that you never knew existed. You will also learn where you are weak, and need improvement. To me this is one of the greatest powers a rider can have.

What you will need in order to qualify to win this pass:

1) A very good understanding of how to operate your motorcycle. This is not an MSC, this is a track day.

2) You have a motorcycle that can pass z2's tech

3) You have all of the necessary safety equipment.**

4) You can never have attended a track day. You must be a complete track day n00b.

If you fit all these requirements, and you have always wanted to attend a track day, but never pulled the trigger, please tell me why I should give you the chance with my free pass in 250 words or less in the comments below.

Assuming I actually get an answer to this post, I will decide the two winners at the end of next week (April 27th). I really love the idea of bringing in two more people to my addiction.

*Assuming Dave from z2 approves of my method in filling these spots, and you can control yourself and not crash.

** I do have a full set of extra Track riding gear I will loan you if you are around 5'10", and 170LB give or take.

Last edited by shouldnthave; 04-17-2014 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Grammar
shouldnthave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017

Let the games begin!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Spec-ECU
required protocol

SBK Slut / AMA #3287659
Mod Alumni
BARFie winner 2014
Contributor ++ 1%
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 66 Suzuki K15 . 07 Triumph Speed Triple . 09 Yamaha R1 . 05 MV Agusta F4
Name: Dennis
Would you like to move this to General for a larger audience?

RiderzBlog | Z≤ Track Days
Spec-ECU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
quicksparks
Veteran

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Enduro, Trials, Freeway Tard
Name:
I meet all your requirements, provided you don't mind that I am already planning to attend a trackday in May. OK here's my entry:

Motorcycles fill the hole in my heart that I got from eating batteries. No but really, I love riding and jump at every chance I get to try something new on two wheels. I am focused on building skills that will translate to being faster, safer, and more badass in general. Lately I've been going on more group rides and getting more formal training. I'm excited and cautious about my first track day experience, because I know my bike can build up speed quickly and I don't want to find out the hard way that I should have braked earlier.

This opportunity is important to me more so for the advising that you're offering, rather than the cost savings. I already apply track riding techniques on the street, like proper body positioning and trail braking, but I know I need improvement and I value competent coaching. I'd rather learn good habits at the outset than unlearn them later.
quicksparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec-ECU View Post
Would you like to move this to General for a larger audience?
I would love to. I didn't want to post there to have it moved.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
mean dad
Sweet Like Candy

AMA #575843
Contributor ++++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Mike's YSR, if Trump helps.
Name: Golden Boy
Good on you, OP.
mean dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
enwoo
乗るか死ぬ

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2012 R6
Name: Kevin
My name is Kevin Edgar and I have been riding for about 12 years, I started out on dirtbikes and was always fascinated with sliding the rear end. I often spent my time watching moto races and F1 on speed channel, dreaming about someday doing the same thing. I then went to spectate for the first time at Laguna Seca a few years ago and was blown away by how amazing the whole race atmosphere was. I knew one day I would be on the track, even if it wasn’t in a competitive state.

Fast forward a few years (currently 20), while I was deployed last year I was shopping for a bike so I could pick one up right when I got home. Ended up finding a 2007 ZX6R in SF for a decent price so the day I returned home (July 2013) Upon coming across “trackdays” and seeing my friends have tremendous amounts of fun I decided to buy all the gear necessary and sign up for my first track day.

I understand that you require the applicants to have never been to the track before but I am only missing the deadline by a week (first trackday being 4/20). That being said, if you consider me eligible, I would greatly appreciate it. And if I were to win one of the giveaway track days I would be extremely thankful.

Last edited by enwoo; 04-17-2014 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: downsized to meet word cap :)
enwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Spec-ECU
required protocol

SBK Slut / AMA #3287659
Mod Alumni
BARFie winner 2014
Contributor ++ 1%
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 66 Suzuki K15 . 07 Triumph Speed Triple . 09 Yamaha R1 . 05 MV Agusta F4
Name: Dennis
Uh, remember guys -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
If you fit all these requirements, and you have always wanted to attend a track day, but never pulled the trigger, please tell me why I should give you the chance with my free pass in 250 words or less in the comments below.

RiderzBlog | Z≤ Track Days
Spec-ECU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
motodolphin
Dolphin on a Moto

Motorcycles: '13 Ninja 650, '99 CBR600f4
Name: Brian
Pick me! Pick me!

First off, shouldnthave, this is very selfless of you. Even if I'm not one of the lucky two I'll still give you and and .

Who's a (n00b)?!? I sure am!!! I've been for only 9 months but I do have 13k+ miles under my belt already.
Who's always wanted to attend a track day?!? Me!!! Okay so maybe that doesn't sound as compelling as it would coming from someone who can measure their riding experience in years . But that "Dear Santa all I want for Christmas" childlike-enthusiastic yearning is definitely there. And that yearning only grows with every ride from 9 to the ocean and all the country roads in between, where I find myself thinking at least once "I bet track days would really help me with ___."
There's a lot for me to learn from track days. I'd love to learn sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the opportunity. It'd be great to get one of two available and make it to next week's episode.

motodolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
Abyss
Anhedonia

Motorcycles: Powered by Super Eurobeat
Name: Rydah
I'm an asshole gixxah rydah squid douchebag with a big mouth. Pick me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
First of all, fuck speed laws, fuck speed laws, fuck speed laws, fuck all speed limits always.
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #11
wcyoung
Rookie

Motorcycles: '07 SV650
Name: Will
Hey! What an awesome thing you're doing by offering these trackdays.

I'm a fairly new rider, as well as new to the bay area. I bought my bike a month before moving to Oakland last August, and needless to say itís become an overwhelming addiction. In my ~12k miles since then, I have learned a lot from riding with great dudes I met here on BARF. Ive come to the realization that a track day is the next logical step in becoming a better rider. I'm steadily working towards this goal, I have the (hand me down) 1 piece suit and the rest of the appropriate gear. The only thing stopping me is money at this point. My bike is currently in the shop getting the brakes serviced, and i'd like to do a little more maintenance before it is fully track-ready. This is an expensive habit, especially for someone working with a baristaís paycheck.

Thanks for the consideration. The generosity and general badass-ness of the people on this forum is astonishing!
wcyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
jimboFosho
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: MOAR!
Name:
This would be awesome! I fit the category and will type up something when I get on a bigger screen.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
Geno RR
Live to ride,ride to live

Motorcycles: 06 CBR 600RR(sold),05 CBR 600RR track sold,2012 CBR 600RR sold,Triump Daytona 675R,675R track
Name:
This is a great idea!! to you!
Geno RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
jumph4x
Do more, bitch less.

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: KTM 1290 SMR
Name: D
Hat tip to the OP. Carry on.

IG: @Dapper_Drift
YT: Dapper Drift
jumph4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #15
SLOWREX03
Veteran

Motorcycles: '09 Versys
Name: Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
I'm an asshole gixxah rydah squid douchebag with a big mouth. Pick me.
pick this guy!
SLOWREX03 is offline   Reply With Quote