• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Resources for disabled Riders.

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Apr 4, 2002
Location
Menlo Park, Ca.
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
1. https://www.disabledmotorcyclerider.com/

I caught the link in the sig of one of our members and thought it would be worthy of a sticky.

These guys have a wide range of products to help you keep riding.:thumbup

2. Mert’s hands
Special applications for prosthetic hands.


If you have others post them here and I will update the OP.
 
Just noticed this thread.... pretty cool. I'm always happy to lend a hand if anyone needs it.* I have a feeling Budman was referring to me. I have an avulsed brachiall plexus, rendering my arm 100% non-functional from the shoulder, down. Also broke my neck/back and shatter my knee as park of a compound fracture of my femur. Getting back in the saddle, some years later, was very cathartic for me - I had lost a good chunk of the spark that made me me.




(*I'm certainly not using it...)

EDIT - for other resources:
Hand/arm issue so only use of 1 side? Consider one of these:
https://rekluse.com/ or http://efmautoclutch.com/ - autoclutches make your clutch act like a scooter, a hydraulic clutch. It disengages automatically at idling speeds
https://www.clake.com.au/which-clake/ - dual lever device - good for controlling clutch and front brake or both brakes on one hand

Left foot/leg:
https://disabledmotorcycleriders.com/flatshifter-max-gear-changes-at-the-touch-of-a-button/ electric gear shifter
http://www.mtb-amputee.com/motorcycleamputee.htm#Motorcycle_Modifications_for_Leg_Amputees. has a large number of options for various disabilities
 
Last edited:
Back
Top