• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Honda WN7

HadesOmega

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Location
San Jose
Moto(s)
Empulse TT (RIP),
ZR7 (Sold), DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Light Bee MX, KLX140L
Super Cub
Redshift SM
Name
Merlin
Honda's electric motorcycle is here. It's decent I guess but it's got DC fast charging capability. I never realize with a single sided swingarm changing the drive belt should be super easy.

 
The world
I wonder if they will make a USA version. I think electric motorcycles sell better in Europe than here in the USA.

It has 11KW DCFC and 6.6 KW AC charging. That is what I like best about the WN7.

But by next year, I should be able to add DCFC to my 2023 Zero DSR/X. Some new CCS converter that Zero has designed for their otherwise too-low-voltage HV battery.

I am not sure whether they can add the extra 13 kW max AC charger at the same time. I will do both if possible, now that AC charge stations above 10KW are getting more common.

They have not yet released the KW specs for the DCFC, but by my reading between the lines, I will expect it to be around 15KW. But what matters to me isn't the speed; it's that I can charge up with either.

-Don- Auburn, CA
 
Back
Top