jimboFosho
New member
Serge, I'm leaving from Davis too. Lemme know if you want some company heading up to the meet!

Serge, I'm leaving from Davis too. Lemme know if you want some company heading up to the meet!

Can anybody figure a dirt route from Upper lake over to 16 ? After gassing up and lunch in Upper Lake there looks like a few routes that are a possibility.![]()
Heres the new route.
High Valley Road, first right off of Barton Springs, is quite nice. Couple of fesh-fesh sections and you come out at Clear Lake Oaks. Might be a good bail out if you are low on time when you get to upper lake.
Looks like a great route. I'd join you, but Saturday is my day to ride.

It was an awesome adventure. I can't think something better to do from sunrise to sunsetI look forward to the next one!
...left this morning at 5:45am and returned home at 8:30pm - 440miles!...a HUGE shit-eatin' grin on my face...and exhausted body to boot
...I just couldn't get up on the pegs that last few miles of dirt...knees were done
...but then that goaty part of Ladoga-Leadville road was AWESOME on the way back...views were just spectacular and so what if it's covered with potholes...after riding M5 through the snow, it was a piece of cake 
Then once past the first mile it was a dirt freeway, as smooth and fast as you could hold open the throttle with a few small shallow water crossings tossed in for fun. We then popped out on to Hwy 20 and split of onto Leesville rd....again awesome section of very goaty rough paved road with awesome views and steep climbs and decent's very fun. We then hit Stonyford where we gassed up and ate some high performance snacks (Jerky, candy bars, redbulls etc.) and headed up to M5. Stonyford is known as the off road mecca of northern Ca and it lived up to it's legend. We rode up the mountain and were tempted by all the trail heads leading of off the main road but we stayed our original route. When we got up to top of the hill we hit patches of snow hear and there. As some of you know snow is easy to ride in
just roll on threw it.....yeah rite. It was slippery traction-less and absolutely a blast to watch everybody try to get threw it. By the time we hit the peak of the mountain at 5600 ft we hit a large snow bank...Damn! No way threw this one I walked down threw it and it went on for a while forget it lets turn around and try a different route I thought. We went down a different route trying to hook up with our destination road but again more snow... we decided to call it a day and just back track the way we came in after all dirt backwards is just as fun as the other direction just different. By the time we hit Stonyford we were all pretty whipped and some of us had to work the next day and decided to just hit the highway while the others back tracked our original route all the way back to Cache Creek. All in all it was a hoot nobody got hurt a few tip overs here and there a slipped shift lever on the Triumph dirt bike
but no injury's or stuck bikes. We will do this one again when the snow melts and we can make it over to Upper Lake. Thanks again all.
I slept 10 hours and all my body is sore. Gotta do it again when the snow will be out!![]()
On the way to work this morning I found that needle in carb did got stuck open. I found that I can turn the gas off and back on just when it starts bogging down preventing from leaving gasoline trace and risking to flood the cylinder. Need to take it apart..
What is the road that goes from Upper Lake to Stonyford?
undertheoaks/olhogrider/jimboFosho/Titus58/Serge: You guys have got to post pics and vids of this ride... particularly riding on the snow!
I figure I have some remedial work to:Do Over! Since Doc Wong cancelled the 4/29 ride I'm doing this route via Cache Creek to Rd-41 to Williams to Leesville rd. to to Stonyford this weekend. Anyone in? Round up the fellas.