@ 103: I had K60s for the last ride. I think you'll like 'em. They're no knobbies, but they're a helluva lot better than pure street tires.
I'm keeping an eye on the fires in the Capay Valley. Hwy16 is closed. That means no access to fuel after Cache Creek.
Greg - So should we plan for alternative refuel at Lower Lake (CA-29/CA-35) or is Cache Creek Casino still available as a refuel at the 80 mile range?
I'm keeping an eye on the fires in the Capay Valley. Hwy16 is closed. That means no access to fuel after Cache Creek.

Thanks for the info. I have a 120 and a 130 (both 17" because I started with a motard and later realized I'm interested in ADV riding). I'm still trying to figure out what pressure feels best though... The max load is around 600lbs at 41 PSI or so IIRC, and my bike fully loaded (with me on it too) is probably 450-475 lbs, or like 225 per tire (though it's probably not an even distribution of course, and changes as you ride, also, here I'm assuming that the max load rating is for each axle, not the whole vehicle). Do you have any tips on calculating or finding optimal tire pressure, or know of a good thread covering that?
breaking the bead on a 150 series Pirelli by hand is not fun...and by not fun I mean "ridiculously difficult and annoying"). I really need to buy a portable bead breaker. Anyway, if the ride is still on, enjoy and I'll be there next time.

Eldrick - Use your side kickstand! (assuming you have the centerstand)
[YOUTUBE]uzgHVjXZwoM[/YOUTUBE]
Safety warning - use a tiedown to 'lock' your centerstand towards the front tire.