• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Goaty ride to Lower Lake Saturday 2/16

rodr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Location
Oz
Moto(s)
CB500XA
Name
Rod
BARF perks
AMA #: 2846730
With such a pretty forecast tomorrow I'm gonna do something like this:

http://goo.gl/maps/EDzQJ

Berryessa Knoxville Road North of the lake is narrow and kinda goaty, so sportbikes may not like it very much. Might be a couple of minor water crossings. Meet time 10:00 at Cordelia Starbucks, 4490 Central Way, Fairfield. KSU 10:30.

Lunch will be in Lower Lake or Middletown. Probably a couple of winery stops also. Post here or PM me if you wanna come.
 
aww yeah! Knoxville. Always take that when I'm going to the girl's parents' house on the GS.

I've done it once on the FZ and it's doable (the payoff is after the goat trails :teeth) but it's not fun until you get to the mine.

If I don't have marching orders tomorrow I might just have to join you.
 
Would be great to have you along Paul! :thumbup
 
Rod...I will be running around Berryessa with a few CU girls and assorted others doing a CU pre-route ride of our March ride...not going through K-B road..will be veering towards 128 down to silverado, up 29 to Middletown, down Butts and back down through to Angwin and down to Gotts. I THINK..may be same ride as last year or she may switch it up!

Anyway..yeah..that goaty section..I did that on the bonnie with no suspension and recall my organs were all packed up under my ribcage by the time we got to the bridge...ouchety, ouchety, ouchety....Like Paul said...after the mine...suweeeet!!

have fun...perhaps we will cross paths somewhere around. IT was beautiful riding today to santa rosa and back..should be nice tomorrow!!
 
Patty you might text me when you know about what time you'll be in Middletown and/or Gott's, just in case we are indeed crossing paths. :party
 
Patty you might text me when you know about what time you'll be in Middletown and/or Gott's, just in case we are indeed crossing paths. :party

Will do...we will leave from Corbucks around 11..so may be starting later than you! Will see what happens!!


:ride
 
:xcan't do Saturday Rod, but thanks for the invite...I'd be down for a Sunday ride though.
 
I'm in

if I can't keep up I'll just do a 180 and head back to the ranch

I've done this route before with my brother in law, I was on my EX250 and he was on an old air cooled 4 cylinder something (UJM)
 
if I can't keep up I'll just do a 180 and head back to the ranch

I've done this route before with my brother in law, I was on my EX250 and he was on an old air cooled 4 cylinder something (UJM)

Sounds like you'll be fine. Seeya tomorrow!
 
Would of loved to of made this, but I'm out of town. Be back for Sunday if anyone's out and about. Have a good ride all
 
Home again. What a gorgeous day! Great to meet you, Roger and Tony.

I think I counted 4 water crossings on K-B Road?

Pic below is at the Langtry Estates winery on Butts Canyon Road. Really pretty.

2013-02-16%2525252014.42.04.jpg
 
Last edited:
Enjoyed the ride today. Beautiful weather for sure. Thanks for planning and leading Rod.

Roger
 
Back
Top