• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Essential Trials Stickie

Get ready Trials season opener around the corner. Time to get your trials on. Try it, you will love it.:thumbup
 
How about an electric trials bike?
 
How about an electric trials bike?

Bring it Butch !! We have a member in SACTPITS that made is own custom electric trials bike, he took a modern trials frame and made it electric. He swaps out the battery between loops. Its pretty cool watching him ride and all you hear is an electric engine sound and the chassis noise(chain, brakes, and tires on the ground) awesome can't wait to get one once the perfect it.

http://www.gasgas.com/2012_electric.htm
 
I don't know much about trials bikes or that business (or the cost for a Beta CDI...just a guess) but this seems like its got potential for a decent price

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4318026319.html
1998 Beta trials bike - $575 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)


In good condition. Does not get spark.
Could be something as simple as a loose ground wire.
I cant figure it out. Feel free to bring a mechanic
250cc engine has good compression.
Comes with new front fender.
If you have an ohm meter and know how to use it this could be an easy fix.
email me your phone number if you are interested.
I would trade for an air cooled Fantic running or not.
Has Pink slip and current GREEN sticker
Thank you
 
I emailed the guy on the 98 Beta and never heard back on it :x I thought that was going to be my ticket into the trials world :laughing
 
me too, never responded to me either.:mad check ou the 97 gas gas talk em down.
 
I'm really in no position to get another bike, as it is now I'm trying to get into track days with my VTR... I have always admired trials riders and will have to leave it for later in life. My CR will keep me happy in the dirt for now.
 
Last edited:
I am dying to snag a trials bike to try out and play around with. I'm sure I'll suck, but I want to try it out anyways.....hahaha.

A couple more months and I should have the $$ saved up to snag a used one. There is a Rev3 for sale on CL right now I'd like to snag.....please someone buy it so it stops teasing me while I'm in limbo....
 
I am dying to snag a trials bike to try out and play around with. I'm sure I'll suck, but I want to try it out anyways.....hahaha.

A couple more months and I should have the $$ saved up to snag a used one. There is a Rev3 for sale on CL right now I'd like to snag.....please someone buy it so it stops teasing me while I'm in limbo....

do it, do it, do it, do it:banana
 
C'mon out to a PITS club event, the next one is at Prairie City in Sacramento area at the end of the month. There will you can watch even throw a leg over my bike for a min if you like. Theres lots of cool nice people and its fun to watch.:teeth
 
C'mon out to a PITS club event, the next one is at Prairie City in Sacramento area at the end of the month. There will you can watch even throw a leg over my bike for a min if you like. Theres lots of cool nice people and its fun to watch.:teeth

Kind of you! I'm gonna get one, just need to sort out the finances a bit first. I want to get it in the garage without having to sell any toys.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if any of you trials guys or gals see anything decent for sale out there. Trying to keep the $$ down for the first one.....yet for some reason I am thinking about trying to order up a Montessa 4rt since I work at a Honda dealer....hahaha, I'm a dumbass....

BTW....if anyone wants to special order a Repsol Montessa 4t we can get them for individuals that want to special order one, but can't get them for stock....
 
Last edited:
I used to own a Gas Gas 280 in my younger hooligan days. I wheelied that thing all around my neighborhood and through some local parks and school playgrounds during summer break. Good times.
 
I looked at and rode the GasGas in concord CL
If you are planing to do the same I may answer most
Questions to save you time. This may or may not be the bike for
You
I checked it out thoughly and and went through the gears and suspension
PM if you wish.
 
Last edited:
I looked at and rode the GasGas in concord CL
If you are planing to do the same I may answer most
Questions to save you time. This may or may not be the bike for
You
I checked it out thoughly and and went through the gears and suspension
PM if you wish.

Appreciate it! I'm not gonna go actually look or inquire about them until my pile of toy money is high enough to pull the trigger. I have an impulsive buying issue when bikes are in front of me...:teeth It will happen this summer.
 
Back
Top