• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

What's the county road 41 like to Williams?
 
I'll see you guys at 121 & 128. Thinking about heading to Williams after Cache Creek via County Rd 41 if anyone else is interested. :ride

Love rd 41 to Williams, it's shorter then Reiff but smooth after the initial ruted hill climb in. Theres a couple of splits I've never taken maybe explore some day. I personally won't be riding it tomorrow but who ever has not ridin it yet I can't recomend it enough.
 
41 from Hwy 16 starts just a bit rutted but then smooths out. Goes through some pretty cattle country. The last third closer to Arbukle can be really fast dirt/gravel if you want to do that. Also called Sand Creek Rd close to Arbuckle if your looking on Google Earth.

There are 2 small creek crossings that may be wet (ish) this time of the year.

But...the gate on the Hwy 16 side is very secure with no workaround that I could find short of obviously tresspassing. It's probably a 50/50 chance that it's open this early in the year....usually it's April.

IMG_0004-1.jpg


IMG_0002-1.jpg


IMG_0010-1.jpg


Photos taken riding East to West.
 
Last edited:
Looks like some awesome flattrackin road. Can we make it and get back to the trucks in one day?
 
Awesome ride today guys, the weather and traction was perfect we had a blast sliding the street 17's on Reiff and dicing back down Berryessa Rd with Trevor. This was his first group BARF ride, I think we broke him in properly:teeth. Can't wait for the next time. :thumbup
 
Awesome ride today guys, the weather and traction was perfect we had a blast sliding the street 17's on Reiff and dicing back down Berryessa Rd with Trevor. This was his first group BARF ride, I think we broke him in properly:teeth. Can't wait for the next time. :thumbup

:thumbup

Great fun, for sure. I had fun riding with the two of you, as well as Eldrick. See you all again soon! I'll *try* to edit some video and post it at some point soon. No promises, though. I am pretty lazy when it comes to that stuff.
 
Awesome ride today guys, the weather and traction was perfect we had a blast sliding the street 17's on Reiff and dicing back down Berryessa Rd with Trevor. This was his first group BARF ride, I think we broke him in properly:teeth. Can't wait for the next time. :thumbup

Heck ya, it was pretty awesome watching you guys rip on street tires. :thumbup

:thumbup

Great fun, for sure. I had fun riding with the two of you, as well as Eldrick. See you all again soon! I'll *try* to edit some video and post it at some point soon. No promises, though. I am pretty lazy when it comes to that stuff.

:ride That was a nice rip back through the park on the way out. Oh, I wanna see that gate footage...:teeth
 
Heck ya, it was pretty awesome watching you guys rip on street tires. :thumbup

+1
Sid, you are a fricking beast. Your kid was kicking some serious butt, as well. :wow


:ride That was a nice rip back through the park on the way out. Oh, I wanna see that gate footage...:teeth

Indeed it was. Of course, I managed to NOT be recording when I went through that HUGE pool of muddy water and drenched myself. :mad :laughing

I'll rustle-up the gate footage and get it posted up shortly. Maybe even tonight. :thumbup
 
Had a great time guy's. Always fun to see some familiar faces and all the new ones too.




Did any of you guy's see that fallen tree across the road on your way back? It was on HWY 121 just before Circle Oaks drive... Crazy. I should have stopped and took a pic.
 
Morten, Leo and I met his mates at Guinda Commons.

They had stopped there for some food and lured us in with them. They were on their way back with burgers and lots of beer for him while they did the "long-way-round" with the truck to pick him up.

I'd assume everything went well although likely a bit of a late evening for those involved.

BTW...I found the Guinda Commons a GREAT place to eat. I've passed this place countless times and never stopped. I will from now on.

They specialize in BBQ. The guys who just got burger missed the boat...the best thing was the PORK. And homemade cole-slaw....really good food.

The place is a bit "funky" but very friendly. They are trying to make a go of it in a pretty remote location.


Seeing Morten ease the big BMW around the gate was a bit astonishing. I've never seen a BMW do that before (but I didn't tell him that before he pushed off down the hill)....Nice riding.
 
Last edited:
Ray,
Thanks for the update on the KTM situation. I hope that folks weren't out too late getting that sorted. It was great to meet you yesterday, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate and respect that you chose to hang back and help get the KLR and 1200GS through the ride. Bravo, sir. :thumbup

I'm bummed that I didn't get to see that Africa Twin I've heard so much about. Perhaps next time....
 
Nice to put a face with the posts (other than the one in your avitar). I was rather kicking myself for not bringing either the Africa or the DR750.

I honestly thought it would be much more sloppy that it was. I've been there when it was wetter and that clay-type dirt mixes with the rock to pretty much encase your tires in concrete. Knobbies do NOT make much difference then.

I wanted something I could pick up 3 or 4 times without wearing myself out.

Still want to see those big KTM flying around the high side of the gate. You've got bigger balls than I my friend.

See you in April.

I'll scout out the Rd 41/Sandcreek Rd gate in a week or so.

If that road is open it would make a good out-and-back ride since there's fuel in Arbuckle at the tail end of Sand Creek Rd.
 
Great ride and great folks as usual. I hope no one hit their heads on the big fallen tree we had to go under coming out of Berryessa.

When we left Pat on the KTM at highway 16 he was in good spirits with a big fat juicy burger from Guinda Commons :thumbup fries, 3 large cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a book of matches with 5 sticks in it from my tire repair kit.

By the time we got back to Starbucks and loaded up it was 6pm. I headed up up 80 to 505 and cut off onto 16 to retrieve the "broken" ktm and Pat. By the time I punched through all the slow traffic it was just getting dark. I pulled into the parking lot, saw the bike leaning up on the post but no Pat. I looked around and honked the horn a few times thinking he would pop out of a bush or out house but no Pat.

I then turned into the gated parking lot and saw a big fire burning in the back corner with a guy with a spear (big stick) over his head bobbing up and down, poking at imaginary buffalo or squirrels (depends on who you ask). Remember the scene in Dances with Wolves where Kevin Costner is prancing around the bon fire? yeah like that. Good thing he wasn't naked or I would have driven off and left him.

Once I stop laughing I hand Pat his ex large coffee and start to load up his bike while he tells me about all the cool wildlife he made friends with in the past 4 or 5 hours.

On the way home we speculate, postulate, regurgitate, all the things that could be wrong with his bike.... armchair mechanics at it's best and we finally make it home around 10 oclock, not too bad.

So I just got a text from Pat and he's swearing and cursing and happy and mad at the sametime cause he found his positive battery terminal was loose. Once tight the bike started right up!:laughing:thumbdown:thumbup:wow

Can't wait till next month :party
 
Last edited:
Back
Top