• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Sometimes I (still) Ride Like An Asshole - Feb 2015 edition

I used to ride like an asshole. I still do, but I used to, too.
 
I usually ride like a grandma, but sometimes Evil Grandma slips out and wrings the throttle... ;)

Heck, I once had a pedestrian attack me in the Mission. Capp and 16th (big area for the local homeless and mentally ill folks, not to mention the colorful hookers), just off work, and spotted a crazy lady standing in the middle of the intersection, screaming. She had a gigantic plastic-wrapped sausage in one hand, and while yelling obscenities, she would charge various cars, slamming the 2-foot sausage into hoods and windows. Total chaos, horns honking, screaming, glass breaking, nobody going anywhere.

It was such a Mission Moment. Just as I started to laugh in my helmet at the scene, the lady turned her gaze on me. Laser focus, total rage, and she leapt at me swinging that sausage like a battle axe. Shit just got real! I hopped the bike up onto the sidewalk, skidded a bit, gunned it around a couple more peeved pedestrians, and fled.

:laughing

Made my day.
 
I usually ride like a grandma, but sometimes Evil Grandma slips out and wrings the throttle... ;)

Heck, I once had a pedestrian attack me in the Mission. Capp and 16th (big area for the local homeless and mentally ill folks, not to mention the colorful hookers), just off work, and spotted a crazy lady standing in the middle of the intersection, screaming. She had a gigantic plastic-wrapped sausage in one hand, and while yelling obscenities, she would charge various cars, slamming the 2-foot sausage into hoods and windows. Total chaos, horns honking, screaming, glass breaking, nobody going anywhere.

So you're basically saying you went to a giant sausage party in the Mission?
 
I usually ride like a grandma, but sometimes Evil Grandma slips out and wrings the throttle... ;)

Heck, I once had a pedestrian attack me in the Mission. Capp and 16th (big area for the local homeless and mentally ill folks, not to mention the colorful hookers), just off work, and spotted a crazy lady standing in the middle of the intersection, screaming. She had a gigantic plastic-wrapped sausage in one hand, and while yelling obscenities, she would charge various cars, slamming the 2-foot sausage into hoods and windows. Total chaos, horns honking, screaming, glass breaking, nobody going anywhere.

It was such a Mission Moment. Just as I started to laugh in my helmet at the scene, the lady turned her gaze on me. Laser focus, total rage, and she leapt at me swinging that sausage like a battle axe. Shit just got real! I hopped the bike up onto the sidewalk, skidded a bit, gunned it around a couple more peeved pedestrians, and fled.

:laughing

Made my day.

I could make so many inappropriate comments about this but I will resist. :rofl
 
SF, where the Walk/Don't Walk countdown light at 2 seconds means it's still safe for peds/puds to step off the curb and start crossing the street. :facepalm

and the slower they walk the better... :wtf :thumbdown

at least that seems to be what they think...
 
Last edited:
March Status Update

Still riding like an asshole sometimes. :dunno

That is all.
 
It makes you a hooligan, Adam. But you already knew that.
 
Yep, it's fun getting them to run after they step out way too late. Not that I'll ever get close...
 
the fear when they see that you are only 3 ft away from them, makes me giggle like an angry lil school girl:devil
 
I am so glad that my riding style is so much more peaceful than all of yours. It's all flowers and unicorns and shit. I never ride like an asshole, I swear!
 
Last edited:
I am so glad that my riding style is so much more peaceful than all of yours. It's all flowers and unicorns and shit. I never ride like an asshole, I swear!

fixed:teeth
 
I ride like a saint. Just thinking about all of the B.S. I see every day in SF and not going postal is pure sainthood in my book. Amen.:teeth
 
Back
Top