• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Sometimes I (still) Ride Like An Asshole - Feb 2015 edition

flying_hun

Adverse Selection
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Joined
May 4, 2005
Location
Orinda, CA
Moto(s)
A funky red & white Italian named Gianni Cervo! Versys - two of 'em! And a Ducati for laughs.
BARF perks
AMA #: 281672
Just in case you were wondering.

If you're a ped trying to cross against the light in downtown SF by entering the street through a motorcycle parking space instead of the crosswalk, then yeah, you probably don't much care for me.



:dunno Confession is good for the soul, or something like that.
 
Pedestrians in SF are great. It's fun when they're trying to cross Embarcadero at mid-block crosswalks through stopped traffic and somehow don't see or hear me coming (when I have a green and they don't)... or maybe they just don't care. Anyway, wheelie for safety - even if it's a little tricky while lanesplitting.
 
SF, where the Walk/Don't Walk countdown light at 2 seconds means it's still safe for peds/puds to step off the curb and start crossing the street. :facepalm
 
:dunno Confession is good for the soul, or something like that.
d8DEOtY.gif
 
That's it ? That's all ya got ?

:hand


Last week I set fire to 3 priuses, "accidentally" caused a LEO to run off the road, and caused small cave-in in the new Caldecott tunnel :twofinger
 
or maybe they just don't care.

they do care, that's why they're so focused on replying that text message while crossing.

*sigh* sadly, i ride like an asshole all the time. I'm trying to change that... suggestions?
 
Am I an asshole if I ride up behind someone in the left lane, give them ample opportunity to let them yield to faster traffic before I go around them? I bet that guy gets home and says he was "cut off by an asshole biker".

Or people who get angry when I honk them for drifting over the line into my lane?

Or people who get angry when I lane split past them because they're not interested in driving until there's 100 yards between them and traffic?
 
Yes. You're supposed to be completely passive on the road. Anything else is aggressive or dangerous.

Just go your own pace, point your vehicle wherever you feel like it, stop whenever and wherever you like, and if someone doesn't like it that's their problem. If someone hits you, again, that's their problem.

Master this mindset and you'll fit right in with bay area drivers. :thumbup
 
Maybe. Maybe not.

Am I an asshole if I ride up behind someone in the left lane, give them ample opportunity to let them yield to faster traffic before I go around them? I bet that guy gets home and says he was "cut off by an asshole biker". Depends. Did you go around them or go around and cut them off?

Or people who get angry when I honk them for drifting over the line into my lane? Definitely NOT an asshole.

Or people who get angry when I lane split past them because they're not interested in driving until there's 100 yards between them and traffic? Not enough information.
 
*sigh* sadly, i ride like an asshole all the time. I'm trying to change that... suggestions?

Admitting you have a problem is the first step......



:laughing
 
Mine would say - "Sometimes I Still Ride Like An Asshole - My Entire Life Edition"
 
this forum needs a "like" button for posts, you guys are awesome!
 
Just in case you were wondering.

If you're a ped trying to cross against the light in downtown SF by entering the street through a motorcycle parking space instead of the crosswalk, then yeah, you probably don't much care for me.

:dunno Confession is good for the soul, or something like that.

Interesting sig line you have there. Maybe you should try following it next time :twofinger
 
Last edited:
It's possible that there's a difference between all I got and all I admit to. :devil Just sayin'

:laughing:thumbup

Riding like an asshole is relative I think.
People who would impede your forward progress? Fair game I say.
 
Only twice a day. Just the tip just for a second to see what it feels like.
 
Or people who get angry when I lane split past them because they're not interested in driving until there's 100 yards between them and traffic?

Dude. This is my freakin commute every morning down 101. This and the every other car driver texting and weaving and generally just not paying attention to the one thing they need to be doing; being an attentive driver.

Don't get me started on all the Genentech/Bauer/EA rolling roadblocks. Do they just hire any putz to drive their shit?
 
Back
Top