• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

That KLR is ready just the way it is... Of course if you drop it you might scratch it so yes, getting the bark busters, and crash protection are a good thing.. Have you thought about a bash plate? You might end up needing one on Reiff..

Skidplate and crash bars was in my first order. :thumbup
That plastic one is a joke. There is a video of a ride with RockyMountain atv/mc where one if the KLR shattered plastic "skid plate".
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the new scoot, Roman. :thumbup

Not sure I can make the ride this month, but I'll try. It will depend largely on how good my stupid finger feels. What a stupid little annoying thing it is.
 
Congrats on the new scoot, Roman. :thumbup

Not sure I can make the ride this month, but I'll try. It will depend largely on how good my stupid finger feels. What a stupid little annoying thing it is.

What happened? I don't suppose it involved a fire pit? :twofinger
 
What happened? I don't suppose it involved a fire pit? :twofinger

I hate you so very, very much. :twofinger

Crashed my 690 on a hill climb and smashed my left ring finger a bit. Broke the last bone (just the tip), gouged it right above the nailbed, and crushed the nail a bit. Oopsie. On the plus side, I was otherwise uninjured. Good protective gear is a beautiful thing. :thumbup

I actually just tried pulling the clutch on my CBR and it felt semi-decent. The hairline fracture is starting to mend, the swelling is going down, and I'll be back out hurting myself in no time. :party
 
I hate you so very, very much. :twofinger

Crashed my 690 on a hill climb and smashed my left ring finger a bit. Broke the last bone (just the tip), gouged it right above the nailbed, and crushed the nail a bit. Oopsie. On the plus side, I was otherwise uninjured. Good protective gear is a beautiful thing. :thumbup

I actually just tried pulling the clutch on my CBR and it felt semi-decent. The hairline fracture is starting to mend, the swelling is going down, and I'll be back out hurting myself in no time. :party

Bummer! Glad it wasn't worse! Sounds like we will both be ready for further punishment soon.
 
I can't wait to ride this one on my XR400R and my V-Strom.. (not at the same time)

This month might be out for me because I'm hoping to do the lost coast on the Strom that weekend.
 
Last edited:
If I dont get sucked into work I plan to be there again this month! Today was the first day my ribs didn't really bug me at all, so I figure by next weekend I'll be good to go!

Congrats to Roman on the KLR, it looks ready to go to me! Lunch Box and Saltwater, are you guys still considering this ride? Looking forward to meeting more barfers too.
 
I'm a little bit torn. I also want to go to Prairie City and check out the Sactopits Trial event.
 
planning on being @ Posers, 121 128 @ 9 45 am, u guys still going?? I will ride my own ride which is not very fast
 
Finally, I should be able to make this ride. It's been awhile since I've been on it.
 
My XR has been getting harder and harder to start since Baja and now it doesn't run at all. I doubt I'll be making this trip. I adjusted the valves and did a bunch of tests and have concluded its a faulty coil. Parts should be here in the next few days. See you guys on the next one, ride safe.
 
Finally I have time to join, looking forward to riding with y'all.

I'll be there and if anyone needs help transporting their bike up there, I have some space available on my trailer.
 
Aaaand I'm out.

Likely working on Saturday, which got me roped into a baby shower on Sunday. Not to mention MotoGP is on.

Hopefully see y'all next month.
 
Back
Top