• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

Sorry to hear that, PM sent to review into details.


This camera is junk wasted $126

ive had it a couple of weeks now...thing dont hold a charge...turns itself on and off all the time...so if you do get hit by a car....shit you mite not even have the footage on the camera

the velcro for the helmet mount keeps failing...the camera drops between my legs..i look down the camera is on my knee instead of the helmet..

should of went with a gopro

im pissed off about this
 
Anyone else having issues with the power supply plugging into the unit but not actually supplying power? I'm probably just going to hot glue them into place, because I've noticed it has become finicky.
 
This camera is junk wasted $126

ive had it a couple of weeks now...thing dont hold a charge...turns itself on and off all the time...so if you do get hit by a car....shit you mite not even have the footage on the camera

the velcro for the helmet mount keeps failing...the camera drops between my legs..i look down the camera is on my knee instead of the helmet..

should of went with a gopro

im pissed off about this

This camera seems like a bad choice for helmet mounting. You should check out the mobius action camera for that. The main interest here is using it as a "dash" camera that's hard wired and discreetly mounted on the bike. Set it and forget it using power from the bike. Then you shouldn't have to worry about the cameras battery life. The camera will power on and off with the bike.

PS. I'm no grammar nazi..but....you should look into the proper use of periods....it "mite" add some credibility to your posts :afm199
 
My latest challenge with the camera (recorder units, yes I got two. One for the front and one for the rear) they wont record with power on. Both units are connected to the auxiliary power. When the key is in accessory position, the recorder units will go into recording mode (leds flash between red & yellow) When I start the motorcycle, which interrupt the auxiliary power for a second (all vehicle do this to certain degree) I notice both recorders will change to standby mode (solid yellow led). I have the battery powered units, and didn't expect this to happen. Anyone know How can I fix this?

2nd, the units are configured to record 60 sec after batter power is out. I have yet seen my recorders cont. recording videos after the power is cut.

3rd. Unfortunately I cont. having out of focus lens issue. They did replaced one lens with a good one. But the rear camera I ordered came with another "bad out of focus" lens. I tried to turn it and it simply wont sharpen the picture (bad QA process...) I am hoping they will replace it soon.

I am hoping the camera "can be in action" by the weekend. I am going to Rolling Thunder, then Americade...

This is my config file..
datetime=2015:04:24 20:23:23
datestamp=off
videostamp=VULCAN_CAM
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=60s
moviesize=1080p
photosize=1m
videocliplength=1min
selftime=off
continueshot=3
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=60
motiondetect=on
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off
 
Last edited:
My latest challenge with the camera (recorder units, yes I got two. One for the front and one for the rear) they wont record with power on. Both units are connected to the auxiliary power. When the key is in accessory position, the recorder units will go into recording mode (leds flash between red & yellow) When I start the motorcycle, which interrupt the auxiliary power for a second (all vehicle do this to certain degree) I notice both recorders will change to standby mode (solid yellow led). I have the battery powered units, and didn't expect this to happen. Anyone know How can I fix this?

2nd, the units are configured to record 60 sec after batter power is out. I have yet seen my recorders cont. recording videos after the power is cut.

3rd. Unfortunately I cont. having out of focus lens issue. They did replaced one lens with a good one. But the rear camera I ordered came with another "bad out of focus" lens. I tried to turn it and it simply wont sharpen the picture (bad QA process...) I am hoping they will replace it soon.

I am hoping the camera "can be in action" by the weekend. I am going to Rolling Thunder, then Americade...
Config file looks pretty normal. For the power issue, try finding a switched power source that comes on only after the engine turns on. I had 2 switched power sources on my bike, and the ignition on lead was causing issues with EMI due to HID ballasts firing up, and those only turn on when the engine is running. I found another lead that switches on with the engine and connected it to that instead. It has turned on reliably since.
 
Damn I haven't even received mine yet and I'm already worried it's going to be junk.
 
still waiting on mine, OP sent out a pm last week, dunno if he has any updates on the shipment
 
Figured out what cause the power disruption.. It was the power supply unit (one for direct connection to the power source) causing the issue. Turns out the USB version of power unit is far more forgiving to voltage change during engine start up. Whereas the power supply unit will drop all power to the recorder, when it sees less than ideal voltage.
 
What brand SD cards are you using? I get all corrupt files with mine.
You have a fake!

A better question is where did you buy your micro SD card. There are so many fakes out there that claim to have a higher capacity then they do. I purchased a "32gb" Kingston card from bestbuy.com market place(sold by 3rd party vendor on bestbuy.com) and it had about 4gb of actual capacity. I could get 4gb of video and anything after that would be a corrupted file. Card capacity was printed on the unsealed package but not printed in the card. I contacted the vendor who agreed to a refund and I called bestbuy.com who didn't seem to care that vendors are selling fakes on their site. Ive had good luck buying sandisc and Kingston cards from Amazon prime. But don't buy microsd cards on eBay unless you know it's from a trustworthy seller.
 
Last edited:
Anyone running into issue with loop recording and video frozen while recording? I noticed mine wont loop as soon as the SD card is full and my video footage from Rolling Thunder are ruined (frozen). I do have the latest firmware on the recorder... Very disappointed, the front camera frozen. While the rear camera cont. recording, all the footage were out of focus. Bottomeline, I have nothing to show!!!

https://youtu.be/bg7Sz7N4Tsg
https://youtu.be/Y027bvn_zUk
 
Last edited:
Anyone running into issue with loop recording and video frozen while recording? I noticed mine wont loop as soon as the SD card is full and my video footage from Rolling Thunder are ruined (frozen). I do have the latest firmware on the recorder... Very disappointed, the front camera frozen. While the rear camera cont. recording, all the footage were out of focus. Bottomeline, I have nothing to show!!!

https://youtu.be/bg7Sz7N4Tsg
https://youtu.be/Y027bvn_zUk

I believe Rock mentioned something about EMI affecting the unit; causing for frozen video but continuing audio. I get this problem periodically as well and I mounted the recorder unit in the psgr seat compartment area (lens up in front of bike; also using hdmi extender for lens to recorder). No offense to Innovv or Rock; but until they can fix this frozen issue and also have no issues when the unit is connected for auto power on with the 12v to 5v power adapter connected to tail light wire (power spike when starting ignition / engine causes error to receiver sometimes), I'm just treating this camera as a novelty item. (I have a dedicated contourhd mounted on my helmet & gopro hd mounted rearward on the bike. Both I have to manually switch on/off but I know with 100% certainty they won't fail on me during my rides)

@HappyHighwayMan:
Bought this 32gb sandisk card with no issues from this very seller. According to my calculations, it'll give me a little over 5 hours of video footage (6gb / hr @ 1080p) so 32gb is more than enough for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-32G...682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f492ba8d2


****************
"I have done some more testing.
If I put the camera – all parts - at the back of the motorcycle, it works fine.
If I put the camera – all parts – at the front of the motorcycle (near the engine), then the video freezes as soon as I start the motorcycle engine. I would guess that the problem is Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) from the motorcycle’s ignition system. My motorcycle is a 1980 Honda.

I have no way to know if EMI is affecting the lens, the cable, or the camera. I plan to buy an hdmi extention cable and try with the lens at the front of the motorcycle and the camera at the back. I will let you know how that works."
 
My front recorder is inside the fairing glovebox and rear recorder is under my seat. The camera and recorder shells are made of metal (aluminum, I guess) Isn't that enough to shield EMI (not very good with electro spectrum physic) I can build a small metal case (like inside the Altoids metal box).
 
I too am having the frozen picture with sound problem pretty frequently. Too bad this thing isn't reliable.
 
I too am having the frozen picture with sound problem pretty frequently. Too bad this thing isn't reliable.

Interesting, I had the camera going for all 3 days of the rally and didn't miss a mile of riding. How many minutes are your files recorded for? I have mine creating a new file every 10 minutes.

The camera has been quite reliable for me, so I'm curious if it's a bug with the firmware that can be address by a configuration change.
 
My recorder configured to do 1min video recording. On my way to DC, it worked fine. During Rolling Thunder it frozen up. On my way home, it failed to loop the video. Performance wasn't reliable and predictable
 
Back
Top