• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

Interesting, I had the camera going for all 3 days of the rally and didn't miss a mile of riding. How many minutes are your files recorded for? I have mine creating a new file every 10 minutes.

The camera has been quite reliable for me, so I'm curious if it's a bug with the firmware that can be address by a configuration change.

Mine's on 10 minute files too. I just updated the firmware and will see how it fairs when I get home tonight. So far I've had several things happen in front of my while commuting and when I went to get the video, all that was waiting for me was a frozen picture from when the camera turned on.
 
I emailed Innovv asking what kind of solutions they call offer fixing
1) video recording will not loop
2) video recording frozen

Let see what's their responses
 
I got my C3, it works as described -- except I modify the "c1config.bin" file and follow the instructions and nothing seems to be "taking."

All I wanted to change was the timestamp, the "name," and 3 minute files to 10 minute files. It's not updating any of them.

I have updated the firmware as well, and that didn't fix the problem.

Suggestions?
 
Antarius: Once you've updated to the latest 20150303 firmware, all future config updates must be named c3config.bin in order to be processed.

Hope this helps!
 
Nevermind, I figured it out.

The .bin file that comes in the .rar package is "c1config.bin."

You need to rename this file to "c3config.bin". Then you follow the same process to update the camera's software as before.

1) Erase Contents
2) Place c3config.bin in root
3) Turn off camera
4) Turn on camera (still plugged in to computer)
5) Watch LED blink rapidly for a few seconds - wait until it stops
6) Unplug camera
7) Turn camera on, record something to test settings.
8) Plug back in. Notice c3config.bin is gone, and your recorded file now fits your new settings.
9) Victory for all.
 
Antarius: Once you've updated to the latest 20150303 firmware, all future config updates must be named c3config.bin in order to be processed.

Hope this helps!

Haahaha I just posted that! Figured it out all on my own! Magic!

Thanks though, appreciate it.
 
Nevermind, I figured it out.

The .bin file that comes in the .rar package is "c1config.bin."

You need to rename this file to "c3config.bin". Then you follow the same process to update the camera's software as before.

1) Erase Contents
2) Place c3config.bin in root
3) Turn off camera
4) Turn on camera (still plugged in to computer)
5) Watch LED blink rapidly for a few seconds - wait until it stops
6) Unplug camera
7) Turn camera on, record something to test settings.
8) Plug back in. Notice c3config.bin is gone, and your recorded file now fits your new settings.
9) Victory for all.

I just came here to ask about this...I noticed the file was named C1 but they have a C1 C2 and C3 camera etc...so now I will rename it and try again.

I have a Mac so I need to do this manually there are windows programs for such things.

Here's a test video:

[YOUTUBE]dTgg0BF3OCI[/YOUTUBE]

Worked but need to rotate camera.
 
I just came here to ask about this...I noticed the file was named C1 but they have a C1 C2 and C3 camera etc...so now I will rename it and try again.

I have a Mac so I need to do this manually there are windows programs for such things.

Here's a test video:

[YOUTUBE]dTgg0BF3OCI[/YOUTUBE]

Worked but need to rotate camera.

If you are talking about the downloadable "C3 Mac and Android Setting.zip" file, then yes, that was created with the old version of the software, which still created c1config.bin files. The latest software now creates a "C3config.bin" file.
 
I just came here to ask about this...I noticed the file was named C1 but they have a C1 C2 and C3 camera etc...so now I will rename it and try again.

I have a Mac so I need to do this manually there are windows programs for such things.

Here's a test video:

[YOUTUBE]dTgg0BF3OCI[/YOUTUBE]

Worked but need to rotate camera.

Yup, I use a mac too. The file called "The C3 Mac and Android Setting.txt" is just to give you a list of variables. The file you will want to edit and move into the root of your folder is c1config.bin -- but rename it to c3config.bin. Edit with TextEdit as you see fit, save, and follow above instructions. Worked like a charm.
 
What's with the blue hue some of these cameras give? Mine does it sometimes too. Any suggestions?
 
Can anyone tell me what "power off delay" actually does. One issue I seem to be having is the camera turning itself off when I hit the starter. I understand that power is momentarily lost, telling the camera to turn off. If it receives power before fully shutting down it doesn't power back on. To me it seems that with "power off delay" for 30sec it should ignore the loss of power and run on battery for 30 seconds. Is this a bug or am I missing the point of the power off delay option?

My second issue is the frozen screen that others have mentioned. The first time it froze immediately on startup. Audio continued to record but the screen was frozen on the same image over several files. The second time everything was good for about the first half hour of my ride, then it froze about 2 minutes into one of the files. All files after that were frozen with the same image while still recording audio.
 
Can anyone tell me what "power off delay" actually does. One issue I seem to be having is the camera turning itself off when I hit the starter. I understand that power is momentarily lost, telling the camera to turn off. If it receives power before fully shutting down it doesn't power back on. To me it seems that with "power off delay" for 30sec it should ignore the loss of power and run on battery for 30 seconds. Is this a bug or am I missing the point of the power off delay option?

My second issue is the frozen screen that others have mentioned. The first time it froze immediately on startup. Audio continued to record but the screen was frozen on the same image over several files. The second time everything was good for about the first half hour of my ride, then it froze about 2 minutes into one of the files. All files after that were frozen with the same image while still recording audio.
I believe power off delay just keeps the camera on for 30 seconds after it detects that power was shut off. Probably used to keep the camera recording after you pull the key from your ignition and walk away. I'm guessing that because your starter momentarily cuts the power, it starts the shutdown timer. Try hooking up the + lead to a line that's only hot when the engine is running.

The frozen screen with sound is coming from some sort of EMI. This didn't happen on my bike until after I had an HID retrofit kit installed. I got around it by wiring mine to a line that was only hot when the engine was on. There's enough just enough of a delay in the unit itself to keep my HID ballasts from knocking out the feed.

If it's happening mid-ride, maybe it's an engine fan or something else. Maybe a loose connection somewhere?
 
Apparently power off delay is how long the power stays on when the camera is in standby mode. It would be great to have option to continue recording for a minute after external power is cut off. Seems like it should be fixable with a firmware update that adds this as an option.
Before I wired the camera into the bike I ran it on battery for a few rides without the picture freezing. I wonder if this could be a bug that has to do with the power source.
 
Just fooled around with it a bit and the freezing is definitely being caused by the lens unit. Turned bike power on and started recording unplugged hdmi cable and plugged it back in. The moment the hdmi was unplugged the screen froze. Tried it under battery power with same result.
 
Back
Top