• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

INNOVV 2CH Full HD Motorycle Recording System

Status
Not open for further replies.
1080p test recording showing how the cameras deal with bright sunlight, overcast daytime & under artificial lights.

[youtube]En8FdU0RDBg[/youtube]

720p shots of part of a 4 day trip into mainland Europe with 11 other bikes. Shows how the system deals with bright sunlight, overcast skies & rain.

[youtube]TZTVEiW0Wpw[/youtube]
 
Hey Rock,

I know YouTube compresses video quality, but on some of the other cameras, you'll still be able to make out the plate on the car or bike in front of you. Can you pull a couple of stills of cars and bikes that are 3-5meters ahead? Or videos of actual accidents of Innovv camera users?

I see that every couple of days you're posting new images of installed units, but have there been any updates or innovations with this line?
 
Hey Rock,

I know YouTube compresses video quality, but on some of the other cameras, you'll still be able to make out the plate on the car or bike in front of you. Can you pull a couple of stills of cars and bikes that are 3-5meters ahead? Or videos of actual accidents of Innovv camera users?

I see that every couple of days you're posting new images of installed units, but have there been any updates or innovations with this line?

You can see below screen shot people shared.

Few people mentioned to us that the K1 capture the accident that their bikes got hit and present to court, but no videos required.
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 42
I bought the K1 recently, and installed it onto a switched power source on my 2013 Harley Ultra Classic. Installation was a breeze, and although the unit works when I use the power button to turn it on and the record button to begin recording, I can't get it to power itself on and begin recording when I start the bike.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have sent an email to Innovv, and Rock has responded, but not yet to my satisfaction. I fully expect that he'll remedy the problem, one way or another, but I wanted to know if it's just me.
Thanks all
- Wayne (NYC, not exactly Bay Area!)
 
I bought the K1 recently, and installed it onto a switched power source on my 2013 Harley Ultra Classic. Installation was a breeze, and although the unit works when I use the power button to turn it on and the record button to begin recording, I can't get it to power itself on and begin recording when I start the bike.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have sent an email to Innovv, and Rock has responded, but not yet to my satisfaction. I fully expect that he'll remedy the problem, one way or another, but I wanted to know if it's just me.
Thanks all
- Wayne (NYC, not exactly Bay Area!)

Hi Wayne, Just sent you the email asking for your phone number, I'd like to call you. if you have skype account that will be even better, we can do face to face living video calling, so you can show me the camera system.

Please be sure we take care of products and customers, and the camera system has been tested more than 24 hours before shipping.
 
Hi Wayne, Just sent you the email asking for your phone number, I'd like to call you. if you have skype account that will be even better, we can do face to face living video calling, so you can show me the camera system.

Please be sure we take care of products and customers, and the camera system has been tested more than 24 hours before shipping.

Gotta hand it to ya, Rock, you've been pretty quick and accommodating in your responses back to me.
Guess I was just wondering (BEFORE we had our last conversation) whether anyone else had ever faced a similar issue.
.
I feel that I'm in good hands with you and that any issue will be remedied.
:-})
 
Gotta hand it to ya, Rock, you've been pretty quick and accommodating in your responses back to me.
Guess I was just wondering (BEFORE we had our last conversation) whether anyone else had ever faced a similar issue.
.
I feel that I'm in good hands with you and that any issue will be remedied.
:-})

Please be sure, we take care of products and customers. Never worrying you will get trouble or facing un-positive support from us.

No advertising, people know us by word of mouth and searching online, a good purchasing experience is core of our business. :):):)
 
INNOVV K1 Motorcycle camera installed on Kawasaki ZZR 1400

http://www.innovv.com/single-post/2...orcycle-camera-installed-on-Kawasaki-ZZR-1400

4a7279_9c87db71e8f84a2980649a19cd52741e~mv2_d_1536_2048_s_2.jpg


4a7279_916184992fc74f86ba04cfa25a3eda91~mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.jpg


4a7279_a31bb35aa6714af49c96bce221646204~mv2_d_2048_1536_s_2.jpg
 
What 12v switched power sources are you guys tapping into? Would your taillights be a good source? Can those of you who have installed this system share some specific examples?

Rock, PM sent.
 
What 12v switched power sources are you guys tapping into? Would your taillights be a good source? Can those of you who have installed this system share some specific examples?

Rock, PM sent.

I use a relay connected directly to the battery, and tapped on to the license plate light to trigger it. I don't like tapping on to the tail lights, just in case the tap causes the connection to break, I don't want to be without any tail lights. I can afford to not have a license plate light, so that's where I
 
The license plate light makes sense. So the included 12v-to-5v adapter gets connected to the relay and ground? What are the drawbacks of connecting it directly to the switched 12v source without using a relay? And which exact relay did you use? There seem to be tons of them.

I'm having issues with my DVR and am hoping it's due to the power source and not due to a faulty unit.
 
The license plate light makes sense. So the included 12v-to-5v adapter gets connected to the relay and ground? What are the drawbacks of connecting it directly to the switched 12v source without using a relay? And which exact relay did you use? There seem to be tons of them.

I'm having issues with my DVR and am hoping it's due to the power source and not due to a faulty unit.

The only drawback is that the wires on those lights are usually a small gauge wire and might not support the additional current draw of the power supply.

Instead of a relay, I use a MotoBrain PDU, which is overkill for almost everyone, including me. :laughing But you can use a regular 4 post automotive relay. Check out this page at Canyon Chasers for a nice how-to on wiring a relay. This is the same method I used for my CBR250 to get my heated grips on a relay.

I use the same thing on my current bike, but I put the MotoBrain in place of the relay. :)

Hope this helps!
 
The instructions suggest that their adapter is all that's needed; the relay route is optional. But I'm willing to do the relay route if that's the only way the K1 will function. The DVR seems to work only when running off its internal battery and with everything unplugged. I feel there is something wrong with the unit or the connectors, but I wouldn't be surprised if my installation is the issue.

Would you (or anyone familiar with the installation and operation of the K1) be willing to take a look at my setup? Name your price - I just want to "set and forget" and be done with this!
 
The instructions suggest that their adapter is all that's needed; the relay route is optional. But I'm willing to do the relay route if that's the only way the K1 will function. The DVR seems to work only when running off its internal battery and with everything unplugged. I feel there is something wrong with the unit or the connectors, but I wouldn't be surprised if my installation is the issue.

Would you (or anyone familiar with the installation and operation of the K1) be willing to take a look at my setup? Name your price - I just want to "set and forget" and be done with this!

IIRC, their instructions would have you rig the adapter up straight to the battery and not tap it into an existing power line (e.g. tail light), which why the adapter has a ring terminal. You don't need the relay for the K1 to function; the relay is just so the camera only runs when the bike is on. I'd be willing to take a look for you for free this Sunday if you want, but no guarantees I'll be able to fix whatever you're seeing, as I have a few gremlins I'm chasing down with my own unit.
 
IIRC, their instructions would have you rig the adapter up straight to the battery and not tap it into an existing power line (e.g. tail light), which why the adapter has a ring terminal. You don't need the relay for the K1 to function; the relay is just so the camera only runs when the bike is on. I'd be willing to take a look for you for free this Sunday if you want, but no guarantees I'll be able to fix whatever you're seeing, as I have a few gremlins I'm chasing down with my own unit.

The instructions state to only connect to a switched power source, which sounds to me like it shouldn't be connected straight to the battery. I was a bit confused by the ring terminal.

What sort of gremlins are you experiencing?

That would be awesome if you could take a look at it. I live in the South Bay and work in SF and am willing to meet pretty much anywhere. I'll try to get it sorted out by this weekend, otherwise I'll PM you.
 
The instructions state to only connect to a switched power source, which sounds to me like it shouldn't be connected straight to the battery. I was a bit confused by the ring terminal.

What sort of gremlins are you experiencing?

That would be awesome if you could take a look at it. I live in the South Bay and work in SF and am willing to meet pretty much anywhere. I'll try to get it sorted out by this weekend, otherwise I'll PM you.

Ahh yeah, then the instructions are the better way to go because if you connected it straight to the battery, the camera would be on all the time even if the bike was off. Personally, I wired the adapter into a PDM60 so I didn't follow the direct-connection method nor the automotive relay method.

A few issues I've run into are 1) the system will skip recording footage whenever it wants 2) the system will freeze and not detect that its external power supply is switched off and thus will completely drain its internal battery overnight 3) the system will function but the buttons won't work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top