• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

F**K...it's the second sunday already in July..:wtf :twofinger

Need to check with the wife but I'm gonna try and make this one...9am KSU in Fairfield is better,...thx Drew :thumbup

Will be there on my new ride!:party

Awesome Sid - look forward to seeing the new bike!


T
 
It'll be great seeing you again Tim.
 
I think I'm going to come out and play on Sunday...curious about all the fun you boys are having up there.
 
Get amped for Sunday!

[YOUTUBE]TraN8gSwKWw[/YOUTUBE]​

Anyone with the cajones to keep up with El Sid unleashed on his 'New Bike' wins the Prize!

Rumour: Bonerov (200+ lbs. of lean meat) may show up on a XT225... anyone riding a thumper that Bonerov passes on the dirt should promptly castrate himself...reciprocally, if anyone passes Bonerov on the twisties... Bonerov should uphold his family honour, immediately (but safely) park his XT225, and castrate himself. These rules do not discriminate on gender.
 
Last edited:
I don't think I will make it or I might just ride out and see what the place looks like. I am still pretty sore in my ribs.
 
Damn, well I won't be there on the DRZ cause it was unhappy I had neglected it for a couple weeks so it threw its oil all over the ground. Time for a countershaft seal.
Now I'll be able to match Sid in displacement on the KLR...and erm...power :laughing
 
Sorry to hear that Jimbo hopefully not to tuff to replace. Personally will be riding to Cache creek and back via Rd 40/Knoxville, more dirt.:thumbup
 
[YOUTUBE]TraN8gSwKWw[/YOUTUBE]​

Anyone with the cajones to keep up with El Sid unleashed on his 'New Bike' wins the Prize!

Rumour: Bonerov (200+ lbs. of lean meat) may show up on a XT225... anyone riding a thumper that Bonerov passes on the dirt must promptly castrate himself...reciprocally, if anyone passes Bonerov on the twisties... Bonerov should uphold his family honour, immediately (but safely) park his XT225, and castrate himself. These rules do not discriminate on gender.

Wow Drew, you trying to scare people to not show? :rofl
And that video is all crashing, makes me scared too
 
Sorry to hear that Jimbo hopefully not to tuff to replace. Personally will be riding to Cache creek and back via Rd 40/Knoxville, more dirt.:thumbup

Yup parts already ordered. Now I'm just playing the waitin' game till the 10th or so.
Sweet, I'll get some company on the return leg of the trip. Its sure a really nice ride. :thumbup
 
Hey riders, I'm new to bay area but I love adventures, I really wanna go on this ride, any tips on what I should be prepped for, I figured I will do 2 days of camping, is there a place where it is ok to park my truck for that long? Thanks!!!
 
Welcome Yannamazon,
I've only been on this ride once with Drew and his crew and the roll call, I imagine, changes from month to month but from what I gather they are a cool group. Drew, has run this ride many times and is great in getting people together, awesome with his gps route planning, and all around good guy. Well, as good as a retired special forces/ops type person can be.

As for parking your truck for 2 days some of the other more experienced will have to chime in. From your pic I don't think you'll need much advice, bring a hydration pack with at least 2 liters of water, flat repair kit and tools, bike inspection (of course) and hot weather riding gear, for this month anyway.

Where'd you come from and what kind of riding did you do prior to moving here?
 
Rumour: Bonerov (200+ lbs. of lean meat) may show up on a XT225... anyone riding a thumper that Bonerov passes on the dirt should promptly castrate himself...reciprocally, if anyone passes Bonerov on the twisties... Bonerov should uphold his family honour, immediately (but safely) park his XT225, and castrate himself. These rules do not discriminate on gender.

:laughing:rofl:wtf

You're killing me, Drew. I am hoping to pick up the bike today, and will have to spend some time making sure it's road-worthy. It has been neglected a bit, so I will have to, at a minimum, flush the fluids, change the oil, and check seals, etc.

If I end up taking that 17 horsepower beast on Sunday, I fully expect my fat ass to get passed on asphalt and dirt, pretty much non-stop. :thumbup
 
I think my tiger will be in the shop getting estimated. It is there now. Do you guys think a 300lb sport bike Yamaha, 1981 FZ600 with street tires can make it?
 
I think my tiger will be in the shop getting estimated. It is there now. Do you guys think a 300lb sport bike Yamaha, 1981 FZ600 with street tires can make it?

Calling Banjoboy, where are you?
Anyway, Andy (Banjoboy) will tell you heck yeah! He use to do these dirt rides on his FJR1300 but since then he's gotten an FZ6 which he calls a dirt bike.
I think if you can do it on a mega trailbike like the Tiger with street tires you can certainly do it on a lighter sportbike. By the way, I didn't think they made the FZ600 in 81, is it an FJ600?
 
Calling Banjoboy, where are you?
Anyway, Andy (Banjoboy) will tell you heck yeah! He use to do these dirt rides on his FJR1300 but since then he's gotten an FZ6 which he calls a dirt bike.
I think if you can do it on a mega trailbike like the Tiger with street tires you can certainly do it on a lighter sportbike. By the way, I didn't think they made the FZ600 in 81, is it an FJ600?

I agree. It is a 87 FZ600. Ok I will give it a shot if I feel up to it. I am sure I can do it.
 
I loved the 86 87 Fz600's with full fairings. I hope yours isn't in nice condition cause I'd be nervous seeing it in the dirt.:(
 
I think my tiger will be in the shop getting estimated. It is there now. Do you guys think a 300lb sport bike Yamaha, 1981 FZ600 with street tires can make it?
It'll do just fine. :thumbup

Calling Banjoboy, where are you?
Anyway, Andy (Banjoboy) will tell you heck yeah! He use to do these dirt rides on his FJR1300 but since then he's gotten an FZ6 which he calls a dirt bike.
I think if you can do it on a mega trailbike like the Tiger with street tires you can certainly do it on a lighter sportbike. By the way, I didn't think they made the FZ600 in 81, is it an FJ600?
Here eye iz :p
Unfortunately, my Pilot Powers are get'in worn down, so'z I'mma gonna sit this one out. (Wanta stay on pavement or at leased groomed gravel 'til they're dun.)
Butt I do have me sum Pirelli Scorpions in mah garage, so when these here PPs iz dun; look out kids!!! :party
 
Back
Top