• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I moved some stuff around and am planning on the August ride :ride

and yes, that's me :blush

Awww dangit, I won't be able to make the Aug ride either. Seavoyage (Drew) and Titus (Tim) will be sure you meet everyone though. You'll have a great time and you being there will make the group better. I'd bet everyone will have on High Karate (aftershave, if you're too young to have seen the commercials in the 60s and 70s) instead of au de garage de greesdeball that they usually wear. :laughing. I'll probably be there for the Sept run :teeth

Welcome to the group, very mellow and helpful bunch of people.
Now we need to get Woodschick and Eric out here for some fun.
 
Rebekah has seen me in my Pride Parade outfit. Any chance I had of impressing her died that day. Fortunately for me, I have an amazing wifey at home. :teeth
 
Aaron is beautiful fluffy!

Titus, I wanna come. Rebekah told me about this ride today. I'm aiming to attend.
 
2nd Sunday ADV/DS Ride August 11th

August 11th

Informal ride to Lake Berryesa and access to the 17,700 acre Knoxville OHV area. Convenient meetup point is less than 1 hour from San Francisco or Sacramento.

NOTE: This is an INFORMAL RIDE. There is no assigned lead or sweep.

For those that would like to join the ride but skip the dirt portion of the route, you have the option of continuing to Lower Lake on CA-29.

Gas stops are sparse on this route (80 miles to Cache Creek Casino refuel point, ~160 miles round trip) so please have a full tank of gas when you arrive at Starbucks.

Meetup:

Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Starbucks.jpg
Ample parking around meetup point, CP1 or CP2 if you truck/trailer in.
KSU at 9:00am (Adjust clock for DST)

Route: Test your navigation skills and route planning. Set up your GPS waypoints and roadbook reader, and navigate your way through the described route.
.gpx download

Head North on Suisun Valley Rd to Rt-121 Wooden Valley Rd to Rt-128 Cappell Valley Rd (N 38 26.764 W 122 11.767) to Berryessa Knoxville Rd. (West side of Lake Berryessa) for the multiple stream crossings.

Morgan Valley Rd. to the South Entrance of the Knoxville OHV area (N 38 49.019 W 122 21.182). Turn left into Knoxville Devil's Head Rd. then follow signs to "Lower Camp" (N 38 48.518 W 122 22.502).

Head North out of "Lower Camp" on Jeep Trail to "Upper Camp"/Staging Area and back onto Morgan Valley Rd. Knoxville OHV Trail Map

Find the mysterious Rd-40!

Morgan Valley Rd. East on (N 38 52.524 W 122 25.445) Reiff Rd./County Rd 140A/Rayhouse Rd./Rd 40 all the way to CA-16 at Cache Creek Regional Park.

Refuel at Cache Creek Casino (N 38 44.070 W 122 08.639) on CA-16 if necessary.

Return the way we came to maximize off-road time and stay off the boring slab.

Datum is WGS84

Stragglers: For those that can't get up at O Dark thirty in the morning... isn't that the reason Starbucks follows the word 'Beyond'? Try to catch us on the way:

First checkpoint: intersection of CA-121 and CA-128 (Poser's AKA Crossroads: N 38 26.764 W 122 11.767) ~ 9:45AM (depending on how fast we strafe CA-121.)

Second checkpoint: South Entrance to Knoxville OHV on Devilshead Rd. off Morgan Valley Rd, (N 38 49.019 W 122 21.182) ~ 10:30AM if no one drowns in the several water crossings on the Northend of Lake Berryessa. Chance to empty bladder and suck in the fresh air... and for the posers to excuse themselves by staying on the slab to make Lower Lake for lunch.

Third checkpoint: Reiff Rd./Rd-40 and Morgan Valley Rd. (N 38 52.524 W 122 25.445) Probably 12 Noon. Had enough dirt? break off and head out on slab.

Fourth checkpoint: Cache Creek Bridge in Cache Creek Regional Park (N 38 54.518 W 122 18.704) off CA-16. 1:00PM Ditto: Had enough dirt? break off and head out on slab. Hint: The fast route back is through the dirt you just came from.

Usually back at Start point by 3:30PM

GPS, SPOT, Camelback, and Camera highly recommended. Brown bag lunch if you prefer.

Weather: weather.com forecast Rains 48 hrs. prior to KSU cancels events due to flooding and muddy trails.

**GUIDELINES TO RIDE KNOXVILLE OHV RECREATION AREA**
•All vehicles must be street licensed or have a current off-highway vehicle registration (green or red sticker)
•All vehicles must be equipped with a properly installed muffler and a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrester.
•All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) operators must wear a D.O.T. approved safety helmet.
•No operator of an all-terrain vehicle may carry a passenger when operating on public lands. However, the operator of an all-terrain vehicle, that is designed for operation off of the highway by an operator with no more than one passenger, may carry a passenger when operating on public lands. (CVC 38506).
•Please respect our neighbors and stay out of private land.
•Yield the right of way to pedestrians, horses or bicycles.
•All roads and trails in the area have two-way traffic. Be alert and always stay to the right-hand side.
•Please stay on designated trails. Avoid cutting switchbacks or driving through stream bottoms and wet meadows. Devilhead Road is a county road, therefore only street licensed vehicles are permitted.
•This area is open to hunting year round. Be extremely cautious when riding during peak hunting seasons.
 
Cootz & Rebekah - all are welcome :thumbup, all is required is a dirt-capable bike and the willingness to get it dirty :teeth

Rebekah - lots of folks riding small DSs will truck to the start and then ride from there, saves on the bike and body, and you can do the whole ride w/o any freeway; distance between gas stops is ~100mi.

Aaron - get ur fluffy arse out here and ride with us :twofinger...loved the pride parade pics...you and the wee looked gorgeous :love:p

Dean - I'd need a gallon of aftershave...cause I don't wash my dirt gear :teeth...wife can't decide what's worse, my gear or the kids stinky hockey gear...I have now been introduced to Fabreeze :twofinger

Looking forward to the August ride :thumbup


T
 
Looks like I'll be able to do the august ride and, to those interested, I am STILL running the same tires as last year,with another 2,000 miles on-em'. FEET-UP AN' SLIDIN', YYYEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW! If only I could learn to wheelie as well as a certain 'someone' on here!
 
Rebekah has seen me in my Pride Parade outfit. Any chance I had of impressing her died that day. Fortunately for me, I have an amazing wifey at home. :teeth

You were there? Very cool. :thumbup Castro Valley had a little Pride parade and festival last weekend and I'm proud to say we were there to celebrate it as well.

Sooooo Titus says you have pictures, do share hehehe would love to see the fluffyness :teeth
 
Protip: check the best of barf sub forum. The pictures are there. :teeth
 
:kiss

Funny cause we love you! I was kinda hoping you'd wear your pride outfit on this ride. :love
 
Nice video Richmond! I couldn't stop laughing at the beginning of the video when I dumped the Vstrom. Good times.

Yeah, lol, and me almost running into you -
"I will not follow too closely"
"I will not follow too closely"
"I will not follow too closely"

:rolleyes

Very cool vid - great feel
 
Back
Top