• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Spring Rally - 2009 - Central Coast

Just got home. Think David, Mike and I were the last to head home today. Left Paso Robles around noon. Great roads, and great people made for a great weekend.:thumbup
 
I'm Dave, mg4tner's dad...
It was good to meet some of you Friday night at the motel...Budman, George, Glade, Ron, Rick, Ian (sp?), and a lady with an unusual name that I can't remember right now. There were others too, but I'm old and have crs. ;)
I'm sorry I couldn't hook up with you guys for the ride down to Solvang, but maybe I'll get another chance to ride with you all, and thanks for the beer! :cool
 
Had a great time and rode with some very cool people. Kurt, Jeff, Aaron, Jim, Mike it was good following you guys around over the weekend. You guys were haulin' balls at times!...:thumbup:ride:cool

Everyone else it was good to meet and ride with some of you. I headed out on my own this morning and took 1 part of the way back and stopped in San Jo to see a friend...

Thanks again Kurt for putting this ride together...
Now I'll dream about that BARF Euro Rally that you talked about...:shhh
 
Thanks again Kurt for putting this ride together...
Now I'll dream about that BARF Euro Rally that you talked about...:shhh

You're welcome! We enjoyed riding with you as well. :thumbup

And that last bit is not a secret. I'll be starting a thread about it soon. :teeth
 
Awesome and amazing rally! Thanks to all who organized and put this together!!!!!!!!! :love :love :love

Amazing roads, the bestestestest people, utterly PERFECT weather, my son and his beautiful bride were able to join us for dinner Saturday, and we had waaaaaaaaay too much......food. All in all...heaven!!! :party

I had my usual innocent, angelic time! :angel












:rofl:teeth:twofinger
 
950 miles on my DRZ (ouch), one completely wasted rear tire, a broken camera, a shattered GPS unit, and the best trip ever.
 
950 miles on my DRZ (ouch), one completely wasted rear tire, a broken camera, a shattered GPS unit, and the best trip ever.

Yikes....but DAMNED good attitude!!! :thumbup
 
950 miles on my DRZ (ouch), one completely wasted rear tire, a broken camera, a shattered GPS unit, and the best trip ever.


Well done, Michael! :thumbup Glad you made it. Your back tire looked okay this AM when I was walking around. What did you do today to toast it? :laughing For that matter, what did you do to the camera and the GPS? :confused

Speaking of toasted rear tires, I'm loving these BT-016's, but there's no way I'm going to get the same miles that I've heard of other folks getting. At 1.5K these look well more than half gone

Before I collapse into unconsciousness, I'm looking forward to seeing Aaron's and Adam's videos. Those should be fun! :banana
 
950 miles on my DRZ (ouch), one completely wasted rear tire, a broken camera, a shattered GPS unit, and the best trip ever.


I had a great time riding with you. Sucks the Ausie drops your camera after she insisted on taking out group pic. At least you have the memory card. Hmmmm... I don't feel so bad now, the only thing I droped was my bike... but that still works fine:):rofl

Let me know when you want to go for another ride or to Stockton to ride SM.

Adam
:ride:ride
 
.
hey kurt!!
.
best trip evar!
.
ended up taking santa rosa creek road to cambria..then took 1 up the coast...awesome!
.
thank you for being such a suberb rally organiser and leader..!
 
Three great days of riding :ride

(and two good nights of drinking :p :Port)

Well Played Kurt :thumbup
 
Thanks Kurt and BARF. Great weekend, Tepusquet rd really blew my mind. Have to get back down there again for a replay.
Nice meeting a bunch of other Barfers.:thumbup
 
Mike, "Button", Adam, Anton, Dani, Paul, George...great riding with you guys.....not forgetting my fellow IB rider Nathan

Adam, can't wait to see that corrupted file....

ian
 
Last edited:
Sometimes the best thing and the worst thing about these rallies is that they're only three days. So many people I enjoyed riding with, and so many others whom I was unable to join. Looking forward to riding with many of you next time, in Hawthorne! :banana :ride :party
 
Tepusquet rd really blew my mind.

+1 - Rossi's driveway was sweet, but that was the real gem IMO.

Great riding with you guys, thanks to everyone who helped organize and a big thanks to Kurt for being a fantastic rallymaster.

Amazing roads, Barf-tastic company, I'm already looking forward to Hawthorne.

In the spirit of the rally, I couldn't just take 101 to 85 and call it a day. I had to take the long way from gilroy - uvas/almaden/hicks/shannon/home
:ride
 
Amaaaazing roads, Incredibly Fun twisties, and over a 1,000+ miles logged. I had the best time ever even though Anton stole my Laguna Seca tickets win away from me.:twofinger.
There were alot of firsts too. For instance, I have never been on 33, 166 or 192 before. But a few of us really sunk our teeth into whatever was in front of us. :teeth Ripping good fun!!!
Thanks Kurt, and a BIG thanks to my little group of lovelies. You guys ROCK!!!
Mark! Get a bike that stands up on its own for the next ride! Avalons don't count.:p
 
I posted some of my pics on the pics thread> Videos will be up in a day.


Adam
 
Home and safe. 700+ miles. An interesting ride home with a deteriorating rear sprocket. Carrrizo Plain really ate my chain up. Had to stop halfway to adjust and lube.

I forgot to fire up the tracking on the SPOT on the way down :rolleyes

Here's a preview...

How long was that dirt road across Carrrizo Plain? Budman, Butch, and I decided to skip that on our street bikes. We damn near ran out of gas since we had to turn around.
 
Back
Top