• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Broken Tib/fib journal

I'm hoping the infection is gone and the healing process goes perfectly. This has been a long road for you. Hopefully you can forget it soon!

Ditto what Tom said!
 
Got my first look at my leg on Tuesday night when I changed the bandage for the first time per the surgery center's instructions.

Looks like he tried to clean up the scarring from the fracture blister debribe, and both sides look like they've got a pretty clean line. He did end up using staple this time though - I was a bit shocked to see that LOL! Lots and lots of tiny little staples all up and down both sides of my leg :wow
 
Re: Staples....

I found that applying Aquaphor ointment (also great for tat healing) will allow the staple entry-points to heal without scabbing, which will make the staple removal painless. Ie; no sticking
 
cheap/easy for them. I still have to wonder why they are not using the "disappearing stitches" on a job like this so it will both come out both painless, & aesthetically pleasing too?

A year after my heart attack & taking a vein from my leg f/the triple-bypass, the two scars still stand out, & likely will never go away (black/blue. Hurts too.) Why can't docs do it right? Or at the very least, tells us why....?
 
Last edited:
cheap/easy for them. I still have to wonder why they are not using the "disappearing stitches" on a job like this so it will both come out both painless, & aesthetically pleasing too?

I think the staples are bit more solid in this case, in order to clean up the scarring, he had to pull the skin in a bit and I don't have much excess skin on my ankle - stiches were pulling on the skin really bad the first couple surgeries, these seem more solid.
 
I think the staples are bit more solid in this case, in order to clean up the scarring, he had to pull the skin in a bit and I don't have much excess skin on my ankle - stiches were pulling on the skin really bad the first couple surgeries, these seem more solid.

Cant even see the little dots around my knee scar from the staples hardly anymore. But the knee scar is gnarly and noticeable. It is the way it is.

Staples didn't hurt at all when removed, actually felt good, even, and i can't stand needles/poking.
 
Staples didn't hurt at all when removed, actually felt good, even, and i can't stand needles/poking.

That's good to know because that my biggest fear. The stitches have always hurt coming out, seeing a million staples had me a little worried about that being a miserable process!
 
I think the staples are bit more solid in this case, in order to clean up the scarring, he had to pull the skin in a bit and I don't have much excess skin on my ankle - stiches were pulling on the skin really bad the first couple surgeries, these seem more solid.

But Chicks dig scars!
:teeth
 
But Chicks dig scars!
:teeth

Its true, i even have a shirt that says so.
22135449_10212699492774653_3004305814588663001_o.jpg
 
Its true, i even have a shirt that says so.
22135449_10212699492774653_3004305814588663001_o.jpg

Thats a great shirt! :laughing AJ I hope the staples come out easy! I was hoping for a great scar with the collar bone but it just looks like a fake Halloween scar or something from a low budget movie. :thumbdown:laughing
 
Are you on Meds for the infection or just trying to kick it?
 
Are you on Meds for the infection or just trying to kick it?

I'm still on antibiotics and meet with the ID doc this coming Wednesday, so definitely not just *hoping* it goes away.
 
Back
Top