• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Craft Beer Update 02.08.2026

PaulR

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2025
Moto(s)
96 VRF - Zuma 50 - 92 DR 350 S - 2004 SV 650 - Honda CH 80 - Aprila 1000 - Honda Elite 125
Craft Beer Update

Brew Fest at The Bistro – Hayward Ride Report (Beer Edition)

Rolled down to Hayward this weekend for the annual Brew Fest at The Bistro, and I’ve got to say — if you haven’t checked this one out yet, put it on your calendar for next year. It’s one of the most dialed‑in beer events around. Super well organized, great crowd, and almost 70 beers on tap to explore.

Weather was perfect, the street was buzzing, and the whole thing had that relaxed, good‑vibes energy where you can wander, sample, talk hops, and just enjoy the day. No chaos, no long waits, just a smooth setup run by people who clearly know what they’re doing.

If you’re into good beer, good people, and a solid excuse for a ride, this fest is absolutely worth the trip. I had a great time and will definitely be back.

Bistro Double IPA Winners 2026

Double IPAs


People’s Choice Award

Super Secret Sauce, by Shred Beer Co., from Rocklin, California.

PaulR
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Working weekends eliminates some of these options for me, but, having weekdays off means I have hit Toronado during their "beer week" and avoid the crowds for Pliny the Younger. That'll be Tuesday and or Wednesdays plan this week :laughing Thursday back at work will probably suck.
 
One day I gratefully lost my taste for beer. Just happened overnight. Actually only drank it for about 15 years. But now I have a taste for ciders, way easier on the bod. My fav is Ace Cidery in Sebastopol and many have zero sugar added. I like the guava and the pear best. They also have a high gravity peach. YMMV and back to the original breweries, sorry for the threadjack.
 
Can't have a beer belly without beer, I resemble this comment.
 
One day I gratefully lost my taste for beer. Just happened overnight. Actually only drank it for about 15 years. But now I have a taste for ciders, way easier on the bod. My fav is Ace Cidery in Sebastopol and many have zero sugar added. I like the guava and the pear best. They also have a high gravity peach. YMMV and back to the original breweries, sorry for the threadjack.
I still love beer it just doesn't love me back so I must pick n choose when I partake

I also find cider less disagreeable. I like the Brut and mMghty Dry from Golden State
 
Beer is friendly enough, whiskey always wants to let me know we hung out. I should give cider a chance, when I have tried it in the past I found it too sweet for my liking.
 
Beer is friendly enough, whiskey always wants to let me know we hung out. I should give cider a chance, when I have tried it in the past I found it too sweet for my liking.
Yeah it's getting better but most of the widely available coder is geared towards people who prefer sweet drinks and don't want to order a froofy drink or a cheer beer/seltzer whatever
 
My riding buddies (you know who you are) have instilled in me a strict regimen of "riding=no drinking" but being a one time brewer I'm always interested to hear of the craft scene. And, for general consumption, you all do realize that whisky=distilled beer, they are way closer than kissing cousins.

AFAIC, North Coast Brewery is the mother ship of beer in our universe, and I've been known to cage it up there to stock up.
 
Beer is friendly enough, whiskey always wants to let me know we hung out. I should give cider a chance, when I have tried it in the past I found it too sweet for my liking.
There is a brewery up here (Solid Ground Brewing) that makes a lot of ciders. Since we are basically in Apple Hill, they use local apples and do a lot of varietal ones. THey are always very dry. I couldn't stand ciuders before I tried theirs. Too sweet. But they make some good ones.
 
02.20.2026. Craft Beer - Update - Sonoma Springs - Unknown Industries - Rider Suttie

IMG_0673.jpeg
 
SF beer week kicks off today
I drink to that…
This is where San Francisco becomes legendary.
In 1965, Fritz Maytag bought the struggling Anchor Brewing Company and transformed it into what is widely recognized as America’s first modern craft brewery.
Anchor Steam became the flagship of a new movement—small‑batch, flavorful, independent beer.
This single act helped ignite the craft beer revolution nationwide.
🍺 🍻
PaulR
 
I also lost my taste for beet and wine overnight.
Can't even take a sip now and then.
Strange chemistry.
 
I remember getting tattooed during beer week in SF.
Streets were crowded and it was fun to be out and about.
 
I remember getting tattooed during beer week in SF.
Streets were crowded and it was fun to be out and about.
I get not drinking beer….it’s not for everyone.
I do like BBQ and West Sacramento has Urban Roots one of my favorite breweries for both Beer and BBQ.
Have you been there?
PaulR
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 61
usually go to The Tank House when I am out and about.
Never been to Urban Roots however.
 
Back
Top