• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Crossroads at Lake Berryessa is closing March 11

This happens, literally, about every 6 months.
 
I've been going up there for about 5 years. One year it was closed. The other 4 years were all different owners.
 
Isn't that Moskowitz Corners?


I grew up with teh Moskowitz family... definitely used to be moskowitz corners.

About 6 months ago there was an article saying that this place was up for sale, something like 2 million.

Guess they didn't get a buyer.
 
I have to agree this place changes ownership every other year, sorry to the current owners wish it had worked out.
 
It's just a stop on the way to food someplace better, not much different than stopping near the bridge at the other end of the lake.

Sucks that no one can make a go of it there. It's not far enough into my ride to make it a destination stop and close enough to the end of my ride that I just blow by on my way home. Maybe if it had a lake view.

location location location.
 
I stop there regularly. Sometimes I get breakfast, sometimes just a soda. Other times I'm on my way back from the GF's family and we stop there for dinner. It's a shame it's going away... again. I thought it would have a better shot at it with the "gas station" across the way closed.

Funny that they put the gas station out and now they go out. So I don't think there will be anything there for awhile this time. Just an empty lot to hang out and get the group back together.
 
Last edited:
Actually, the food wasn't bad in the current iteration - it was a nice stop w/the fam after launching/landing from Steele Park (or WTF they call it now), and not bad for us locals who would loop the south side of the lake after work on Friday.

I have to wonder how much all of the BLM crap going on @Berryessa influenced this - last summer , several launches were closed, and, on top of that, the weather wasn't that hot (which , of course, brings out the real bread and butter for these folks - the stoned, 4x4 pulling a boat crowd, aka "moto killahs")
 
Back
Top