• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

HAHA, just figured it out.

For anyone else that runs into the same issue of the config file not updating/copying to the recording unit:

I looked into my old GUI folder for the old config backups I had and realized that the old GUI saved the file as c1config.bin. The new GUI was saving the file as c3config.bin, that's why the recording unit didn't see or recognize the file.

I renamed the config file to c1config.bin and the recording unit took the new config file. Everything is good now.
 
Last edited:
HAHA, just figured it out.

For anyone else that runs into the same issue of the config file not updating/copying to the recording unit:

I looked into my old GUI folder for the old config backups I had and realized that the old GUI saved the file as c1config.bin. The new GUI was saving the file as c3config.bin, that's why the recording unit didn't see or recognize the file.

I renamed the config file to c1config.bin and the recording unit took the new config file. Everything is good now.

Download the last FW and GUI from blow link, no change needed. :):):)

4a7279_6f2e26ebb1f74eab856f6f02fe43db48.jpg_srz_p_870_200_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz


http://www.innovv.com/#!the-c3/ckmf
 
HAHA, just figured it out.

For anyone else that runs into the same issue of the config file not updating/copying to the recording unit:

I looked into my old GUI folder for the old config backups I had and realized that the old GUI saved the file as c1config.bin. The new GUI was saving the file as c3config.bin, that's why the recording unit didn't see or recognize the file.

I renamed the config file to c1config.bin and the recording unit took the new config file. Everything is good now.


On my last week's ride; the camera was recording fine in the first hour or so; but then the video froze unexpectedly but kept recording audio. I can upload a raw clip if anybody is interested.

I decided to reload the latest updated firmware again. But by doing so, my settings / videostamp got erased. After uploading the firmware, I tried to load c1config.bin file but the recording unit would not take it. It was only when I renamed to c3config.bin that the recording unit accepted the settings and now I have my videostamp.

Cliff notes: if you're not using the GUI (I'm running mac and using textediter to edit my config file); after updating to latest firmware; need to rename config file to c3config.bin

Hopefully this will solve the video freezing issue. Would appreciate it if anybody else is experiencing this freezing issue.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of bullshit comes with the camera

Mine show be here today..post from china snail speed

I though this thing was plug and play...I'm not that handy with computers to be giving things file names and shit

Should of got the GoPro...its getting shipped back to china if it's going to be to much hassle to get working..
 
Sounds like a lot of bullshit comes with the camera

Mine show be here today..post from china snail speed

I though this thing was plug and play...I'm not that handy with computers to be giving things file names and shit

Should of got the GoPro...its getting shipped back to china if it's going to be to much hassle to get working..

It's not that technical to get it up and going. If you need a hand just bring it and your bike by, I'm in the east bay in Richmond and I can give you a hand to install, I have all of the bits that may be needed here, and show you how to easily update it in the future if needed. :thumbup
 
Last edited:
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) on old bike

The rider shared his experience with a old bike below, and let's see the solution. :ride:ride:ride

I have used the C3 only powered by it’s own battery. I have not connected it to the motorcycle at all. (I plan to do that later.)

I have done some more testing.
If I put the camera – all parts - at the back of the motorcycle, it works fine.
If I put the camera – all parts – at the front of the motorcycle (near the engine), then the video freezes as soon as I start the motorcycle engine. I would guess that the problem is Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) from the motorcycle’s ignition system. My motorcycle is a 1980 Honda.

I have no way to know if EMI is affecting the lens, the cable, or the camera. I plan to buy an hdmi extention cable and try with the lens at the front of the motorcycle and the camera at the back. I will let you know how that works.
 
Almost gone in 6s recorded by INNOVV C3

[youtube]oLdJQ6xQSjo[/youtube]
 
Almost gone in 6s recorded by INNOVV C3

The car after impact.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 25
Almost gone in 6s recorded by INNOVV C3

The more details,
 

Attachments

  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 26
Almost gone in 6s recorded by INNOVV C3

The airbag,
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 20
While we were driving around 100km/hour in the raining day, Another driver just overtook us and immediately slowed down before us to 20km/hour to think about which road to go.
 

Attachments

  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 23
I think I'm having problems with my camera

First off my computer don't see it when I plug it into my computer

And I watched the video says it takes 2 hours for a full charge and the light will go out when fully charged..I charged it for 4 hours and the light is still on

Why does my computer not see the device

It's a PC

So update

My computer still does not see the camera..and it seems like it's still charging

The light has not went off yet..when fully charged

The camera is working..if I take the card out of the camera and plug it I to my computer
It will play using windows media player and no other player
 
Last edited:
and the C3 cam is now out dated there is the C4 cam now. :wow

but sad all of the dash cams come out of communist china.
most have problems working with the computers we use here in America. hidden spy programs??


.
 
Last edited:
Shit I just got the 3

It's not a bad camera so far..just takes a bit of dicking around with it to get it to work..at minute I'm trying to get it to repeat record it seems to be doing quick movies

The helmet mount is not really that good seems to pull the camera up I. The air when you move your head..

But if you don't hotwire it to the battery..you have to keep the unit in your pocket..I put it in the inside pocket of my jacket with the cable running to the camera.

Be worried getting choked with the cable if I was to tumble off the bike

It's got a built in mic..

Once I fix the bugs...it will be fine
 
Last edited:
and the C3 cam is now out dated there is the C4 cam now. :wow

but sad all of the dash cams come out of communist china.
most have problems working with the computers we use here in America. hidden spy programs??


.

Looks like the C4 lens is integrated to the body, vs the cable-attached lens on the C3? C3 works for my purposes (one in car, one on bike, eventually).
 
Where do you guys see the C4? The only thing I see on the Innovv website with an integrated lens is the C1 & C2 which are older versions of the C3.
 
Back
Top