Moto GP contracts for 2025

mjrydsfast

MJRydsFast
Moto(s)
I'd have: H2 Kawi, '97 Blk n Gray YZF1000R, KTM450sx, Walz Hardcore
Name
MJ
There's only THREE! I found this cool list on Reddit. I'm curious as to what the BARF community believes should happen with each of these teams. I feel for anyone who doesn't meet the team's expectations. Only Binder (smart!), Marini (...?) and Zarco (good, for development) are in for sure. What a season 2025 ought to bring. I sure wish they'd get rid of the single tire supplier rule. :mad Say what you will but using back-markers for cones is fun sometimes too!

Any thoughts on who stays and who goes? My guess says:
Stays: Fab Q signs with someone else, not Yam.
Goes (I'd bet): Miller, Frankie M, DiGi, Taka, and at least one Trackhouse guy to make room for Joe R. if he can have a decent year.
It's time for Canet and about five others to climb aboard the big bike now.

Attachments

• Contracts Moto GP 2025.jpg
    Contracts Moto GP 2025.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Bagnaia signed a new two-year contract with Factory Ducait last weekend so he's wrapped up for the '25 and' 26 seasons.

Aldeguer is the only Moto2 rider likely to move up. Ogura might if Nakagami gets the boot.

No opinion on the others this early in the season.

My only add is Digi is showing life. He could stick.

Fabio will go unless the Piano gets better... a lot better. Hope it does.

Seeing Joe move up would be great, but he just has not been consistant. Not sure Trackhouse would take the chance although an American must be attractive.

2024 will bring some clarity. Rock the track boys!! :banana

Bigger names that need to go: Mir, Taka, Frankie, Miller (likeable guy but just not at the level)

Mav might need to be added to the list if he does not turn things around (third or fourth year I've said that). Enea in the same boat (at least as far as the factory team goes).

I don't follow M2 very closely but my impression is that there just isn't that much talent right now to replace many of the names above. For sure part of the problem is that the Japanese bikes are so far behind, which is why Fabio has to bail on Yamaha before it's too late for him.

A Roberts promotion would be great but I agree that at this point it would be based on his passport and not at all on achievements.

Last edited:
Aldeguer gets a two-year + contract with Ducati. No mention of which team they will place him with or what spec bike he will ride.

Ducati Corse
@ducaticorse

Welcome to the @ducaticorse family, @Aldeguer54

The Spanish rider will move up to @motogp in 2025 as he has signed a two-year agreement that will see him ride a Desmosedici GP starting next year, with the option to extend his contract for another two years.

GI9xz40WMAA6xWA

Shall we start a poll to see if Morbidelli has a ride next year with Ducati?

Or does Marquez leave Gresini, opening a move for Morbidelli from Pramac to Gresini, which then opens the door for Aldeguer to land at Pramac?

Or..

I think I listen to too many MotoGP podcasts..:laughing

Mark

Back