• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Need Help While Mending?

Marcoose

50-50
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Location
South Beach, SF
Moto(s)
'07 BMW F800s
Name
Marc
BARF perks
AMA #: 2818042
Hi there.

Pretty much to this day ten years ago, I had a cast around the leg. I couldn't walk, it was hard to get around with cruches and I lived with a dog on the 2nd floor without a lift. It just plain sucked and life had to go on with food, laundry, post, dog, etc.

I was then and still am extremely thankful to family, friends, coworkers, neighbors and strangers that lent me a hand.

You've heard that plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, so borrowing from Connie's "If you crash...", well, if you need help with mundane things while mending, please send a PM. It's an honor to help.

Cheers,

Marc.
 
I like being a messenger. If you want something brought over, bug me, too. :)

Marc, this thread is lovely. :love
 
Dragon, please let us understand. Do you need a helping hand, or are you just making conversation?

Here to help.

Marc.
 
10-4. Best wishes of a speedy recovery, Dragon. Please PM if you need anything.
 
I didn't realize you were actually mending Ken! Heal up. :)
 
This is a good idea, perhaps we can take it a little further... let me think on this a bit.
 
^^ oy, gerroff his idea :shame

put me down as willing to help, cooking or whatnot. Preferably East Bay

nice thread Marc

ca va aujourd hui (scuse sp)
 
^^ oy, gerroff his idea :shame

put me down as willing to help, cooking or whatnot. Preferably East Bay

nice thread Marc

ca va aujourd hui (scuse sp)

If anyone who is on the mend has a Shepard's Pie delivered by Wendy and Company, is truly in heaven.:thumbup
 
Hey Marc,

I'm no good at cooking, put me down as the delivery boy:teeth I'll hopefully have the bike ready in a week
 
Very cool idea/offer Marc. :thumbup Several years ago, I had a little tankslapper after hitting some tree roots (geez, I wasn't even having fun or going through a turn or anything) and got bucked off. Ended up breaking both my hands. My husband was enthusiastic about his role as my bather, cook, maid, hair stylist, bra fastener, etc. but it was getting old for both of us after a while. I needed him to do everything, and frankly, there were a few things that I would have liked to have a woman's hand with. ...just putting my hair in a pony-tail was rough for him, and asking him to help me with make-up...? :laughing Needless to say, I looked like hell for a while. I can't imagine what someone would do if they lived alone. I had help and still would have jumped on an offer like this--even just a couple of times a week.
 
Thanks, everyone, for kudos and ideas. It's a community effort.

Whether it's cooking and delivering food or changing sheets or picking up the post, I remember too well being unable to do all that and then some for those first weeks of recovery. It just plain sucked. I'm so thankful to the people that helped me.

Let's hope this effort is rarely activated, but be thankful we can help.

Carry on.
 
Marc great thread.
Also, when you are laying around in the hospital a visit is a HUGE deal.
so many of us unemployed hanging out at SF General or the like beats staying home all day.
 
I love Shephard's pie so much I might go out and hurt myself to get one! :teeth

I kid, I kid!!!
 
might be making one for Thanksgiving ;)
 
I take care of the sick and wounded all day at work. I'd still be happy to leave work and do the same for a rider in need. Heavy transfers and icky medical stuff is what I do, so don't be shy (however, administering fancy pain killers is above my paygrade, so keep that in mind). I can also teach your SO to move your busted ass around without hurting themselves if needed.

I'm in the South Bay.
 
Something to keep in mind.

Many people have trouble asking for help no matter how much it's needed or how willing the offers. Those who are the first to help others will very often be the last to ask for help themselves. You know who you are.

If you know someone that is 'less able' in some way then, from time to time, just show up with food, an outing, fill in the blank, etc. [yes call first, but go by and see them] Ask when their next medical visit is and tell them you can provide transport that time and so on.

If you've had the misfortune to be badly injured and the good luck to recover well you know what I mean. You can remember the kinds of things for which you couldn't ask for help.
 
Last edited:
Something to keep in mind.

Many people have trouble asking for help no matter how much it's needed or how willing the offers. Those who are the first to help others will very often be the last to ask for help themselves. You know who you are.

If you know someone that is 'less able' in some way then, from time to time, just show up with food, an outing, fill in the blank, etc. [yes call first, but go by and see them] Ask when their next medical visit is and tell them you can provide transport that time and so on.

If you've had the misfortune to be badly injured and the good luck to recover well you know what I mean. You can remember the kinds of things for which you couldn't ask for help.
Great post!
 
Back
Top