Maygoddess
New member
Hi all! yes...The Misfits have two different rides planned for the same day...some will be going to SF with Koi and hopefully others will join me on a nice mellow group ride from Napa out to Bodega Bay and back. Options...options!!
So our breakfast:
Black Bear Diner
303 Soscol Ave, NAPA CA
9am Sharp
Please RSVP here by Saturday night,if possible so I can have a table prepared. Last minute shows are okay but we may be short on table space!
We will expect that KSU will be around 10:30 am. Please try and get gas before breakfast so we do not have to stop after.
Route:
[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=303+Soscol+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&daddr=38.41444,-122.38426+to:38.56532,-122.62581+to:38.55733,-122.68744+to:CA-1+S%2FCoast+Hwy+to:38.43701,-123.10467+to:in+and+out,+petaluma&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFWgoSgIdfJC0-CmlWkdBFFWEgDHDMrbCce_32Q%3BFch1TAId7uCw-CnHoINg2EOEgDHFNdo9yPZ2VA%3BFZJWTAIdMPCv-CmDns73-UCEgDGFPN6mkrqK6Q%3BFRBsSgIdWoup-A%3BFZKASgIdYpKp-CnLNY11t5-GgDF8qKJcydtCbw%3BFeFoRwIddfSw-CFlTPUh01ZAyg&aq=0&oq=303+Sosc&sll=38.444447,-122.849808&sspn=0.239854,0.673599&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=mrv&via=1,2,3,5&ie=UTF8&ll=38.444447,-122.849808&spn=0.239854,0.673599&t=h&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=303+Soscol+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&daddr=38.41444,-122.38426+to:38.56532,-122.62581+to:38.55733,-122.68744+to:CA-1+S%2FCoast+Hwy+to:38.43701,-123.10467+to:in+and+out,+petaluma&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFWgoSgIdfJC0-CmlWkdBFFWEgDHDMrbCce_32Q%3BFch1TAId7uCw-CnHoINg2EOEgDHFNdo9yPZ2VA%3BFZJWTAIdMPCv-CmDns73-UCEgDGFPN6mkrqK6Q%3BFRBsSgIdWoup-A%3BFZKASgIdYpKp-CnLNY11t5-GgDF8qKJcydtCbw%3BFeFoRwIddfSw-CFlTPUh01ZAyg&aq=0&oq=303+Sosc&sll=38.444447,-122.849808&sspn=0.239854,0.673599&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=mrv&via=1,2,3,5&ie=UTF8&ll=38.444447,-122.849808&spn=0.239854,0.673599&t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]
Koi's Misfits Speech!
KSU if firm at 10:30am!
I do ride ATGATT and hope you do too. If there are new rider's we will have a pre-ride safety meeting to ensure we're all on the same page.
"A" Number 1 Goal is to return with the same amount of bike's and the same amount of rider's we left with.
The only two rules:
BE FRIENDLY!
BE SAFE!
That being said if you are wanting to learn to ride, please don't expect us to teach you. If you have the skills and just need some seat time... this group is for you!!! Does that mean 500 miles or a thousand? I can't tell you but before you join a group ride be sure you can join one safely.
We will wait for the last person so don't be afraid of being ditched. Please know the route as best as you can and if you want a map ask and I will have them for you at the start. But we will wait at major direction changes to ensure no lost chickies. If you are going to leave somewhere mid-route let someone know so we don't send search parties for you as your sitting on your couch. Please make sure to grab someone's cell phone in case you get lost, or decide to go home you can send a txt or call.
I will not listen to complaint's that you did not reach 6th gear, that you didn't drag your knee enough, or that you are
melting.
I do not want to EVER hear that other rider's are going too slow. This is a Mellow Ride and should be friendly towards all riders. If you want to ride faster nothing is stopping you, ride your PACE and know the route so that you can be parked and de-geared at the next meeting point instead of being in your helmet. But Please, I don't want to come around a corner and find you in a world of hurt, or even worse, buzz right past you and not realize your off in the woods.
More Importantly, I don't want anyone to feel pressured to go faster then they are comfortable with. I hope that everyone has the experience level to be comfortable with speeding up on a straight away to catch the group ((not talking anything crazy but enough to make up some ground)) but I also don't expect you to keep up with any one rider's pace while in the twisties.
Anything larger then 4 I will ask for a sweep. I do not expect them to maintain sweep position the entire ride but if you sign up please be responsible and wait till we stop and you can let people know who the new sweep is.
Group's larger then 10 and we will arrange a 2nd lead and have 2 sweeps so that we can limit the length of stops at directional changes.
Let's
So our breakfast:
Black Bear Diner
303 Soscol Ave, NAPA CA
9am Sharp
Please RSVP here by Saturday night,if possible so I can have a table prepared. Last minute shows are okay but we may be short on table space!
We will expect that KSU will be around 10:30 am. Please try and get gas before breakfast so we do not have to stop after.
Route:
[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=303+Soscol+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&daddr=38.41444,-122.38426+to:38.56532,-122.62581+to:38.55733,-122.68744+to:CA-1+S%2FCoast+Hwy+to:38.43701,-123.10467+to:in+and+out,+petaluma&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFWgoSgIdfJC0-CmlWkdBFFWEgDHDMrbCce_32Q%3BFch1TAId7uCw-CnHoINg2EOEgDHFNdo9yPZ2VA%3BFZJWTAIdMPCv-CmDns73-UCEgDGFPN6mkrqK6Q%3BFRBsSgIdWoup-A%3BFZKASgIdYpKp-CnLNY11t5-GgDF8qKJcydtCbw%3BFeFoRwIddfSw-CFlTPUh01ZAyg&aq=0&oq=303+Sosc&sll=38.444447,-122.849808&sspn=0.239854,0.673599&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=mrv&via=1,2,3,5&ie=UTF8&ll=38.444447,-122.849808&spn=0.239854,0.673599&t=h&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=303+Soscol+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&daddr=38.41444,-122.38426+to:38.56532,-122.62581+to:38.55733,-122.68744+to:CA-1+S%2FCoast+Hwy+to:38.43701,-123.10467+to:in+and+out,+petaluma&geocode=FeEwSAIdEDq2-CllKbVqDgaFgDGzozTbQ5uY5w%3BFWgoSgIdfJC0-CmlWkdBFFWEgDHDMrbCce_32Q%3BFch1TAId7uCw-CnHoINg2EOEgDHFNdo9yPZ2VA%3BFZJWTAIdMPCv-CmDns73-UCEgDGFPN6mkrqK6Q%3BFRBsSgIdWoup-A%3BFZKASgIdYpKp-CnLNY11t5-GgDF8qKJcydtCbw%3BFeFoRwIddfSw-CFlTPUh01ZAyg&aq=0&oq=303+Sosc&sll=38.444447,-122.849808&sspn=0.239854,0.673599&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=mrv&via=1,2,3,5&ie=UTF8&ll=38.444447,-122.849808&spn=0.239854,0.673599&t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]
Koi's Misfits Speech!
KSU if firm at 10:30am!
I do ride ATGATT and hope you do too. If there are new rider's we will have a pre-ride safety meeting to ensure we're all on the same page.
"A" Number 1 Goal is to return with the same amount of bike's and the same amount of rider's we left with.
The only two rules:
BE FRIENDLY!
BE SAFE!
That being said if you are wanting to learn to ride, please don't expect us to teach you. If you have the skills and just need some seat time... this group is for you!!! Does that mean 500 miles or a thousand? I can't tell you but before you join a group ride be sure you can join one safely.
We will wait for the last person so don't be afraid of being ditched. Please know the route as best as you can and if you want a map ask and I will have them for you at the start. But we will wait at major direction changes to ensure no lost chickies. If you are going to leave somewhere mid-route let someone know so we don't send search parties for you as your sitting on your couch. Please make sure to grab someone's cell phone in case you get lost, or decide to go home you can send a txt or call.
I will not listen to complaint's that you did not reach 6th gear, that you didn't drag your knee enough, or that you are
melting.I do not want to EVER hear that other rider's are going too slow. This is a Mellow Ride and should be friendly towards all riders. If you want to ride faster nothing is stopping you, ride your PACE and know the route so that you can be parked and de-geared at the next meeting point instead of being in your helmet. But Please, I don't want to come around a corner and find you in a world of hurt, or even worse, buzz right past you and not realize your off in the woods.
More Importantly, I don't want anyone to feel pressured to go faster then they are comfortable with. I hope that everyone has the experience level to be comfortable with speeding up on a straight away to catch the group ((not talking anything crazy but enough to make up some ground)) but I also don't expect you to keep up with any one rider's pace while in the twisties.
Anything larger then 4 I will ask for a sweep. I do not expect them to maintain sweep position the entire ride but if you sign up please be responsible and wait till we stop and you can let people know who the new sweep is.
Group's larger then 10 and we will arrange a 2nd lead and have 2 sweeps so that we can limit the length of stops at directional changes.
Let's



(Darn 3 second thing) Watches are for those that dont ride.
and do something else.