• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2026)

Sitting here on my Friday morning with sore elbows, so joints in both hands and creaky ankle and I'm not even 50 yet. Thinking about getting a new MTB since I can get an awesome price through work, but I wonder if I can realistically ride it without making things worse...

I'm dumb though, so I'll probably find out. If I couldn't ride two wheeled things, particularly motos, I'd be pretty bummed.
 
Last edited:
Sitting here on my Friday morning with sore elbows, so joints in both hands and creaky ankle and I'm not even 50 yet. Thinking about getting a new MTB since I can get an awesome price through work, but I wonder if I can realistically ride it without making things worse...

I'm.dimb though, so I'll probably find out. If I couldn't ride two wheeled things, particularly motos, I'd be pretty bummed.
Shit N4te. Just do it.
Don't let the pain of age stop you from what you think would be good for you! That is not dumb!!!!!!!!
At least borrow a bike and give it a try to really see where you stand. (or sit). :teeth

At 35 I had miniscus surgery on my knee. I kept leading an aerobics class.
At 40 I had a cadaver knee ligament put in. I kept leading an aerobics class.
At 55 I had a titanium knee put in. I kept leading an aerobics class.
At 68 I am trying to get back to where at 70 I can lead an aerobics class for old f*cks.

Through it all two wheels have made my soul sing the joy of living.
 
It's a burden I have to deal with for now.
Taking care of a dog is a big commitment, even when you want a dog. I'm a big "dog guy", but I'm a "MY DOG GUY". It seems like you've been dog-sitting for months. I think you're doing better than I would. :thumbup
Realistically, I probably would have made it a week or two, then I would have had to make some hard choices. I'm not good at rearranging my life because of other people's mistakes.
 
We actually have emergency plans in place for our dogs which is good so no one gets saddled with a responsibility they do not want. At some point bro's dog needs a loving home and hopefully will find one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GAJ
Wife went back to work today, in her car. It's the first time I haven't driven her in months. Bruno doesn't understand what the hell's going on. Luckily, she's on vacation next week. :laughing
 
I know your wife is independent, but you don't have to find an analog to drive around, just drink the coffee.

My coffee is from Safeway and I think it's fair trade so it's probably woke or something. It's got caffeine and no sugar so it is good enough for me!
 
Caffeine is slowing taking hold. Glad it is my Friday, if I'm lucky the KTM will be ready to race, er ride, after my days off unless that water pump seal is really truly hosed. If so, then I hope to get a Sierra pass run in next week so catch any remaining color and all the good roads before winter. Might even take a day and make it a three day affair. If I do end up taking the KTM I'll be sure to renew my AAA :laughing
 
Morning whorez

Strangely cathartic weekend.





Need some tired looking old man to stand there as menacingly as he can? :wave
I'm glad you had a good weekend! Especially given your trepidation going into it.
 
It's Dickason, not Dickson.
It's just coffee. Drink what you like.
 
i like the single origin stuff, but i change who i order from. currently have some from guatemala
 
Back
Top