• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2026)

I was told that you had a conversation with my brother one evening at Poggio in Sausalito. I can't remember the specifics, I think perhaps he noticed you had some barf swag or something.
Not any time recently :laughing

Couldn't tell you the last time I went out since the twinz.
 
Jackhammer has stopped, guess they are on lunch. I guess that means I should go get groceries so's I can make breakfast and get to the garage. Plan for the day is calipers off and apart, maybe even reassembled time permitting. Also vinegar and water flush of the cooling system then a run up to temp with distilled water to see if it still make rainbows when I drain it. I'll use that running time to balance the carbs as well. If all goes well I'll put the tank on tomorrow and maybe even take it for a quick romp.

All will probably not go well because I'm the mechanic.
 
The rear brake on the multi is notoriously shitty.

Part of the reason is the reservoir and it's rubber hose to the master are sitting right above the hot exhaust.

The ABS pump is the highest part of the system, and from what I've read, even with bleeding it thoroughly, air bubbles can get trapped up there. The in and out lines are at the very top of the ABS pump, and I read at putting a banjo bolt with a bleeder at the top of the ABS pump can help get those last little bit of air bubbles out.

Of course this could just be a total waste of time and effort.

I am trying everything I can to make the OEM brakes as good as possible without spending $$$$ on new calipers / Master / rotors.... Motul 600 fluid, EBC double h pads all the way around, resurfacing the discs, bleeders on the ABS pump and bleeding the crap out of it, and I got a special high temp hose and insulated jacket for the rear reservoir to master hose.
 
Also, on the multistrada rear brake issue....

In the past on other bikes like my Ducati st3s that also has a crappy rear brake and ABS pump....I've just slightly cracked open one of the banjo bolts at the top of the ABS pump while bleeding to let a little fluid out (hopefully with bubbles) even without a bleeder bolt in there, but I figure this is a more sustainable and repeatable way to do it.
 
I may have never had a good rear brake but the brake on the Hyper has always felt fine, that said with the pace I ride the amount of engine braking the bike provides I really don't use the actual rear brake much (I know, bad). The stock fronts sucked, but a brembo RCS17 master and a set of used M50s made things feel lovely up front.

I'm sure fire insurance makes this place untenable, but damn, I think I'd be quite happy there. Enough things to do, good roads to ride and a massive garage.
 
Last edited:
The fire coverage could be pricey but if you have a fire suppression plan in place and willing to fight your own fire it's all doable.
 
Every multi I had until the present had a shitty rear brake and I gave up on them.
 
Back
Top