• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2026)

I suppose. That is true. It also doesn't negate the fact that the general makeup of people up here is vastly different than where I came from. It also doesn't make the fact that the general attitude up here is much more "angry old white guy" than in other places untrue.

Very hard part of going north was the people up there sucked.

There was good ones but, in general, the average interaction or observation of humanity of the hill folk was disappointing considering how awesome a place they were in.

I hate the people where I am at now, but my general observations of humanity are better I guess.

The suck is more universal and not as one sided?

Giggity
 
My house in Oregon is my hermit palace. I bother @tag3 and am otherwise like, “fuck all y’all.” In sf I’m highly social because of work and boozing.
 
how it's turning this county into another European country"
Hilarious 😂

There is a roundabout in Colfax , one corner up from the Starbucks, and that’s where I actually saw my tooth-missing peoples the other year.. I think I went into the yard pebble area next door off the road, to make a U-turn…

or Californication of this county (which I might point out is in California).
:rofl
 
I'm getting over a really bad episode of pretty massive dehydration. Totally kicked my ass. I'm averaging 2 showers a day just from sweating so much. My tolerance for heat is not what it used to be. Living in Orange County for 7-8 years will do that I guess. Aliso Viejo isn't a beach city but it's close enough to the beach that we got cool beach weather. It got pretty hot in summer living in both Stockton and Sacramento but I adapted and it wasn't a big deal. And I've done a bunch of trackdays at Buttonwillow smack dab in the middle of summer.

Need to remember to drink more water here than I normally would. I weigh myself in the morning and in the evening and I'm usually about 2 pounds lighter.

Also, I'm getting tired of taking care of this dumb dog. I'm not exactly a rich man and dog food is expensive. This dog eats better than I do... She's also getting annoyingly good at opening doors. Sometimes I'll wake up and it's like... why are you in my room? Makes me want to go to Home Depot and buy a set of door knobs to replace these door handles. I hate my brother for putting me in this position.

In other news, I watched a movie called Primetime last night. It's about Chris Hansen. Y'all remember him? The host of To Catch a Predator. It was entertaining. I really that show being unintentionally funny catch all those guys being fucking stupid. The movie is recommended starring Robert Pattinson even though he is forever on my shit list for the damage he did to vampire mythology/lore with those bullshit Twilight movies and also that terrible Batman movie a couple years ago. If any of you care, I can share a link where to watch it.

Qt7kQG.gif
 
I have a couple of friends, both liberal white boys, and they seem to attract random crazy people. They're not large but tallish, six foot or an inch over. They both have kind of a simmering anger that they keep a lid. Whenever I get together with one of them they have a tale of being approached by some random crazy person and having a negative interaction. Sometimes the energy you put out comes back to you.
 
I have a couple of friends, both liberal white boys, and they seem to attract random crazy people. They're not large but tallish, six foot or an inch over. They both have kind of a simmering anger that they keep a lid. Whenever I get together with one of them they have a tale of being approached by some random crazy person and having a negative interaction. Sometimes the energy you put out comes back to you.

Why do you have to put me on blast like that
 
come down off your throne and leave your body at home.

That line is from my all time favorite song. And when my second wife and I were first dating, one evening at her apartment, the topic of discussion came around to “what is your favorite song.” I don’t remember which of us spoke first but we both said “Can’t Find My Way Home” by Steve Winwood”. It was a magical moment in our lives. It was like we were meant for each other. And that song remained at the top of our list for our entire lives.
 
There is something mean sprited about living up here. I can't put my finger on it. I thought when I moved to the country, people would be nicer, more patient, friendly, etc. But it seems like there is a higher percentage of assholes in this county.

Example: I was driving up around the Apple Hill area yesterday. Someone was trying to pull into Boa Vista farms and yeah, they kind of pulled in front of some guy in a pickup truck. Not a big deal and certainly wouldn't have been a big deal if the guy in the pickup didn't speed up to try and keep him from making it. Regardless, dude in the truck laid on the horn for like ten seconds, big middle finger out the window and screamed, "You are a fucking idiot." And all he had to do was NOT accelerate.

Another example: I belong to the local road association. I am literally at the very bottom of the road and get little to no benefit from the association. Maybe 100 feet of paved road before my driveway. Nevertheless, I attend every meeting, help out on work parties, help out during storms, etc. I brought up a pefectly valid issue last weekend that apparently was too much for the president, who immediately sent an email tothe entire group saying he felt like his work wasn't appreciated and he is stepping down. The only thing on the meting notes was that I brought up an issue. So now the entire neighborhood thinks I made this guy quite. Which quite frankly, he has been trying to do for three years now. The meeting ended with him yelling at me "Why don't you become president? You'd be a great president. It's a thankless job." All of which I agree with. But then he blames me and I replied to him that it was unfair and he just alientated me from the whole neigborhood. Dude didn't even respond.

So now I fucking hate living up here. Bunch of shitty rednecks with bad atttudes. On the bright side, it freed up a couple of weekends for me because my participation is done.
Think I agree with your take and I can't quite put my finger on the formula either. I thought Placer County was better, because the miserable bits are more in these little isolated pockets like Iowa Hill and whatnot. In EDC, the miserable bits seem like they are more closely embedded into the main areas. Still lots of nice people though. When we were moving, I had a ton of marketplace transactions here and people were always really friendly, but what was strange was that they seemed like they were somewhat surprised to meet someone else that was friendly.
 
So I saw on Bookface my friend Ralph celebrating his daughter's birthday. Didn't say what age, 6 or 7 I think? Guessing.

He was one of my roommates at my apartment in college. He'd often come home from class and tell me about this girl he was enamored with everyday. At some point I told him, dude... there's 3 choices here. 1) Just ask her out already 2) If you don't do it, I'm going to tell her. 3) If you come home going on and on about a girl you won't pull the trigger with, I'm going to punch you in the face. He chose option 1. Maybe he would have gotten there without me but for me, constantly telling me about her without doing anything had to stop.

I like to think my annoyance and frustration led to a happy marriage with Ralph and Julie. :teeth
 
Went to both the sports store and Costco in the big small city of San Francisco... and loved all the people in there. Got new chain and tire.

The drive back, not so much. Including the r-werd with a BMW x3 who slowly went right into my car on the shifting lanes of Duboce under the fwy. The city people make bad lanes
 
It might as well be your kid, really
:laughing

I never saw her that way.

I'm not pretending I've ever been some Don Jaun. I ain't but women in my story is women that like me are very upfront about that or if the other way around, I don't waste time.

Ralph, I'm pretty sure at the time he was a virgin. So his stars in the sky infatuation with her was a bit more pure being a devout Christian and virginity was to celebrated.
 
Last edited:
Hello from Lakeport. Actually attempted a Saturday ride.
Pool is too tame very little happy juice consumed. Dang we’re getting old.
 
Back
Top