• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post your best pussycat photos here! (FELINES ONLY!)

DSC07147.jpg



"And why... O WHY is this out of the shed???"
 
Our 1 year old doesn't purr. At all. Ever. It was a shelter refugee...

...Is there any way I can teach it to purr?

No amount of love appears to work... :cry

My dad's cat was like that, poor lil guy never purred, he was a feral rescue but he's very tame now 3 years later and on the quietest night, with the most amount of petting, and a few kitty treats, he'll turn his purr motor to stun.....

Teaching it's easy, get another cat to purr, give it kitty treats when it does... your cat will learn quickly how to make that noise to get food
 
Definitely will let you know.

I just did the same research, and wound up finding a traveling clinic that does deworming for 17 dollars. I went and they were slammed, asked why I was there, and said that they could give me one dose for 17 dollars, or i could just buy the product and treat her myself for 22.

I went with the 22 dollar, 3 tablets, half a pill for my lil cat, under 4 pounds.

If I still see lil wormies, I will hit you up for a tab though and try it.
 
Just rescued a new cat couple weeks ago. Cat and dog with my leg as the battle line lol. also cat walking on my bike lol
 
Have you noticed any ill effects from using advantage more then the prescribed rate???

I was using the cheapest of wallyworld's stuff and my cat started reacting to it, and I was having to use it more then the prescribed rate in order to battle fleas.

My fault, I know for the cheap stuff but.

Upgrade to the mid level stuff, reaction gone away, fleas gone for longer but not fora full 30

I don't want to over use if that was the reason for the reaction, ((shorter fur in patches, decoloration, dry skin)) but I've noticed it's only lasting 20-25 days before she's itching again...
 
My dad's cat was like that, poor lil guy never purred, he was a feral rescue but he's very tame now 3 years later and on the quietest night, with the most amount of petting, and a few kitty treats, he'll turn his purr motor to stun.....

Teaching it's easy, get another cat to purr, give it kitty treats when it does... your cat will learn quickly how to make that noise to get food

Thanks for that, but wifie says we can't feed ourselves much less another cat.

Waaaa waaaaaaa! :thumbdown
 
Well, first off - regular Advantage just was not working.

I found out that there is now "Advantage II" (green).

I get the Advantage II for Extra Large Dogs and use a syringe to apply it to the cats (with latex gloves). If you buy six tubes, you get one or two free at PetVet.

You can use Advantage and Advantage II for dogs on cats - but not Frontline or other meds.

The prescribed rate is "no sooner than every 7 days or so" - according to both my vet and PetVet guys.

my understanding is the dog formula and the cat formula are different: dog formula not good for cats, health wise.
one vet told me it takes three applications over three months to kill the fleas, he said people often switch form forntline to advantage or vice a versa because the first application doesn't get rid of the fleas.
 
Back
Top