• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP GS1200 rider, Terry Dilley :(

How sad. Rest in Peace
 
That sucks. You killed a man Rowley.

Took his life with a bad decision. How are you going to make it up to his family??
You sucked today.

You will probably get off with a slap on the wrist because we ride and are not worth what other humans are because of our choice to ride. :mad


Godspeed rider :rose
 
Probably my favorite place to ride a motorcycle. So nice to ride up there its almost easy to think such risks are remote.
 
That sucks. You killed a man Rowley.

Took his life with a bad decision. How are you going to make it up to his family??
You sucked today.

You will probably get off with a slap on the wrist because we ride and are not worth what other humans are because of our choice to ride. :mad


Godspeed rider :rose

yup.
 
That is just awful! How fucked up is that? How much anybody wants to bet the driver never signaled to pull over nor signaled to pull back out for his fucked up and tragic U-turn. RIP rider, may the wind be gently at your back.:(
 
RIP rider. What a horrible way to go. Why are so many drivers so horribly unable to use good judgement?
 
RIP rider. What a horrible way to go. Why are so many drivers so horribly unable to use good judgement?

I think many are preoccupied. They are on their cell phones or are texting or are thinking about their last phone call or text. They just don't pay full attention to what is going on around them.

What is wrong with a u-turn? Well someone may be coming on a motorcycle. I hate to say it, but it may have been more fair if it was a big rig coming.

RIP Rider and all the best to his family and friends.
 
Was it a corner where the truck decided to pull over and start a U? That is the only way he would not have seen the rider coming. This is so sad. This sucks. RIP rider.
 
I think many are preoccupied. They are on their cell phones or are texting or are thinking about their last phone call or text. They just don't pay full attention to what is going on around them. .

Yup, had an idiot in a locksmith truck pull out into the road on me on a tight blind right-hander on Saturday. Had I been bombing it, I wouldn't have been able to avoid him. Dude thought it was no big deal.
 
If there is anything to be learned from this sad accident, please use your horn to alert drivers. It may not guarantee accident prevention but it's a precautionary action that may someday save you in moments like this.
 
My last really close call came in a very similar manner. I was behind an SUV on Alhambra Valley rd (a moderately windy road) for about 3 miles when they pulled to the right hand side of the road. I was sure that they had pulled over to let me past until their front end started swinging around hard to the left just as I was committed to pass them. Fortunately I was on an R1 and it had enough acceleration to get me past their front bumper with 1/2 foot to spare. The asshole had never even bothered to check to see if somebody was behind him (I was square in his rear-view mirror).

This sounds like it could have been exactly the same kind of situation as mine.
 
load_of_junk.jpg
 
Back
Top