• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Sheetiron 300 May 19-20 2012

Rider packs going out in today’s mail (4/5).

And people, next year please use large envelopes for your return envelope, stuffing all that paper into check envelopes is a pain. (Yes, Ken from Modesto, I'm talking about you. :))
 
Rider packs going out in today’s mail (4/5).

And people, next year please use large envelopes for your return envelope, stuffing all that paper into check envelopes is a pain. (Yes, Ken from Modesto, I'm talking about you. :))

Thanks for staying up all night stuffing envelopes. I too hope my application letter got there in the first 500 group :teeth
 
The Good: In! :thumbup #58 confirmed at 2.44PM PST Tuesday 4/3. Heard that the 500 slots were filled by Tuesday evening!
Tuesday 8pm, OMC says sold out!

The Bad :thumbdown
None of my buddies got in, so now I'm looking for groups to ride with:

The Ugly: Skill Level: :mstingray Old retired guy on a DR250 on his first Sheetiron... roughing it and avoiding the Fort Bragg hotel for the natural nostalgic experience. Anyone out there want to adopt me for Sheetiron 300. Send PM
 
Last edited:
The Bad :thumbdown
None of my buddies got in, so now I'm looking for groups to ride with:

As it gets closer to the ride, there will be some people selling spots. Get your friends to post up a WTB entry on the usual forums.
 
Sounds like there is enough interest for another organized dual-sport event "close" to the bay area. Maybe a Sheetiron 2?
 
Anyone who did not get in should immediately get on the waiting list. I was pretty far down the wait list last year and still got a ticket.

I dropped it off in person at 11 AM on 4/1 this year to get #113 so that should tell you something for next year.


Thanks OMC!!!!
 
my GF and I got in, woo! Any tips for low-skill newbies?

Take the easy splits and stay on the right side of the trails. Bring lots of water and some snacks, find other experienced folks who like to ride at your pace and cling on to them.
 
Back
Top