• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Smashed spark plugs... WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

If you have exposed plugs and park your bike overnight in an area that is known to have crackheads, the best way to keep your plugs safe it to cover your bike with a lockable cover.

Sad, but true.

-G
 
One would assume that the crack head is going to attempt to clean the plug with a rag before using it, so you want something that will clear coat, stay after a rub, and maintain a decent level of toxicity after being burned and inhaled. I'm not sure if any of the above mentioned will do that.

As far as setting dummy bags that are spiked, that just seems a little too messed up for me. Poisoning someone for stealing my property seems acceptable, but making such a specific crackhead trap leaves me less comfortable for some reason.
 
motojava said:
They tend to use bricks to break them off, often breaking off bits of cooling fins (air cooled bikes) along with the spark plug. As much as it sucks to be handing out free crack pipes on your motorcycle, setting out old plugs like cookies for Santa is the only suggestion I've heard of (aside from pager alarm and sniper rifle) that keeps bikes from getting cooling fins broken.
Yeah, and to add some fuel to a few controversy fires you should hang out fresh condoms and syringes too! :teeth

Sorry to hear about your bike.
 
Dragon said:
Drugs are bad MMMMMmmkay?

Wanna screw with them?

Get some FRS walkie talkies and a laser pointer- put one under the seat and leave it on.

Watch the bike from a distance- when said crack head gets near the bike- announce over the radio- I'm a profesional sniper and I see you... if that doesnt work- point the laser at your bike... :sniper


If you were a professional sniper, why would you aim at your bike? Aim at the crackhead! :laughing
 
put toothpaste on them.. they hate that stuff...

& get a $4 (battery powered) flashing red LED light from Radioshack.. works like a charm! Just hide the wires..
 
Wild Child said:
If you were a professional sniper, why would you aim at your bike? Aim at the crackhead! :laughing

i said to aim the laser at the bike- I think there is a law on the books about aiming lasers at people in California- wouldn't want anyone gettin in to too much trouble :smoking
 
Moike said:
You're obviously new around these parts...

-Mike-

Yeah, BTW you still owe me those shock mods from that 8 Ball I dropped on you. Not too much Detergent in it I hope?

:twofinger
 
sell your beater bike for a ex500. I have to take apart my entire freaking bike (including taking out the gas tank) to get to the spark plugs and air filter!
 
Back
Top