• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Stonyford to Upperlake II

undertheoaks

When in doubt gas it!
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Location
El Sob #1
Moto(s)
YZ250X, Sherco 300ST
Name
El Sid
This Sunday April 29th meeting at the Cache Creek Casino gas station on Hwy 16 at 8 am Kickstand up by 8:15/8:20 am. Making it to Upperlake pending on snow melting ? If snow has not melted we will explore more of Stonyford before heading back home.
 
Last edited:
Why the backtracking on the map? Does this mean the route we tried to take is still snowed in? I don't trust ranger reports anymore...
 
Actually Ranger told me snow should be melted but there was no guarantee Jimbo. Hopefully this time around it will be. We could take M5 to 17N02 over to M10 then hook up with the route to Upperlake.:thumbup
 
Actually Ranger told me snow should be melted but there was no guarantee Jimbo. Hopefully this time around it will be. We could take M5 to 17N02 over to M10 then hook up with the route to Upperlake.:thumbup

The route posted for the last ride was M5 to 17N02 and you guys got stopped by snow on M5 right?
 
Yes we by passed 17N02 and went straight over the mountain where we hit snow and were turned around. We then tried 17N02 but again hit snow, much less though.
 
So the South Bay Riders - Middle Creek rally is on! http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121244

We crashing the party?

Stonyford to Middlecreek route:

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
So the South Bay Riders - Middle Creek rally is on! http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121244

We crashing the party?

Stonyford to Middlecreek route:

I think you're confused. That map is just the drive up the road to PP. The SBR guys are camping and riding the ohv trails. Not much to crash unless you want to visit an empty camp site.

Now if you guys are actually planning to ride some of the ohv trails as you make your way across from stony, please confirm it, as I would be interested in joining you on the ride.
 
Drew I think we should stay our original plans, if they are doing OHV trails it will take to much time by the time we get there it will be late noon. Besides we will travel faster in our smaller group size. Just a thought....:thumbup:thumbdown So as of tonight whats the head count ? I'm in. 8 am Cache Creek Casino!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
I am planning on being there 8am Cash Creek Casino also. Dual sport newb ready to try some dirt riding. Though I have been riding street / track for years.
 
Awesome XAGO, should be some great riding, mostly all fire roads with some paved sections connecting the dirt. Most challenging is the first section of dirt 12 miles past Cache Creek it's a little rutted but not bad. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Cheers:thumbup
 
I just got the bike clean! I guess I have to try again since I erased the video proof from last time. See you at 8.

Dan
 
This is looking to be awesome. glad you can make it as well Dan. I should probably get some sleep, we wonder why kids are always guzzling down energy drinks these days. I see you all bright and early...I hope :teeth
 
I don't know what I ever did to my phone but my alarm never went off on Saturday so I was late for work and for whatever reason it never went off this morning so I have to miss out on all the fun. This just makes me a little :mad and a little :( . Can't wait to hear about the trip
 
You missed a great ride. The snow we rode through was gone and the stuff we didn't try was rideable, sort of. About 60 miles of dirt. Everyone fell except Sid. Some more than once. Made it through to Clearlake!

Did anyone else notice the buzzards circling when we entered the dirt and again as we left?
 
You missed a great ride. The snow we rode through was gone and the stuff we didn't try was rideable, sort of. About 60 miles of dirt. Everyone fell except Sid. Some more than once. Made it through to Clearlake!

Did anyone else notice the buzzards circling when we entered the dirt and again as we left?

They thought they might get lucky with some easy prey. Little did they know the meat was already rotten. :teeth

That's good to hear, not surprised it was fun but I am surprised to hear that the triumph went down and on those dirt tires you had last ride :laughing
 
Back
Top